I am making a remake of this "game" in axe. Basically you are god and have 4 elements; which I can't remember at the moment. You create new elements by mixing two previous elements. Ex: Fire + Water = Steam, Dirt + Water = Clay. Eventually you are mixing carts with horses to make chariots and other bigger items. I am playing it right now to beat it so I can remake it. It is originally on the iPod touch. It is very entertaining. Here is a link, the video is NOT made by me. If that video sucks, look up; doodle god iPod touch, on YouTube.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=GmqHWsM8mkw
That looks extremely fun indeed. Out of curiosity, what features of this particular game draw you to use Axe for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_yiqchcJJU
Well I am not good enough in z80 yet and a doubt I could do this in basic, so I guess axe would be best. When I learn prizm C I will pot this to it. What language should I use, do you think?
zeldaking wrote:
Well I am not good enough in z80 yet and a doubt I could do this in basic, so I guess axe would be best. When I learn prizm C I will pot this to it. What language should I use, do you think?
That's a good question, actually; I didn't think too hard about what alternative I might suggest. ASM would probably be overkill for something this straightforward. With hybrid BASIC, you could do almost everything with less development time than writing this in Axe, but if you really want grayscale, it's faster to do that in Axe than Hybrid BASIC.
I find it interesting that you called it "Doodle God", when the game (At least on Android devices) is called "Elements". Good luck with this, also, don't forget to have Man and Woman come together to make a Child Razz Or, <4 levels before gas> + pressure = <3 levels before gas> + pressure = <2 levels before gas> + pressure = <1 level before gas> + pressure = gas Very Happy (That one was hard to figure out, and annoying once you do)
I am not sure if I should continue this for this contest, it seems not really arcade like. Sad I will find something else.
You don't have to quit working on this just because you won't submit it for the contest! You've still got until the 22nd of January to work on a contest entry, so maybe working on this will help you come up with other ideas. Not to mention, it will undoubtedly make you a better programmer (Speaking of, I need to write a game like this... It's been a few years overdue, since I attempted to write one earlier this year >.>)
Well I am still going to work on it, so don't steal it. Smile
Hehe, as you wish Smile
Well you can make it in any programming language except the z80 ones. Wink if that's fine with you. Smile Jk go for it!
As Catherine says, you shouldn't drop this project even if you don't decide to make it for the contest! I definitely recommend coming back to this in the future if you decide you still want to work on it, since you started thinking about it and coding it up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours