Since I posted that, we also bought the 3 wide x 6 tall area at the northeast of the city; Lundberg has four plots there. We're going to be using the old Torleik area for a palace, since he now started his own Elysian town, Midgard, with the other Yogi guys. Another note. I'm now KermMartian on Minecraft too, thanks to the amazingly generous RCFreak0!
KermMartian wrote:
Since I posted that, we also bought the 3 wide x 6 tall area at the northeast of the city; Lundberg has four plots there. We're going to be using the old Torleik area for a palace, since he now started his own Elysian town, Midgard, with the other Yogi guys. Another note. I'm now KermMartian on Minecraft too, thanks to the amazingly generous RCFreak0!

Your welcome! Also now that i know your new mc name i can whitelist you on my server too Smile
Thanks, I need to revisit. I have a few assorted projects that would be nice to try on a peaceful server, actually. I tried Kerm and KermM, but it seems some of the smart-alec trolls on Evocatus already took those. Razz Also, I set peredur back to the password we discussed.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks, I need to revisit. I have a few assorted projects that would be nice to try on a peaceful server, actually. I tried Kerm and KermM, but it seems some of the smart-alec trolls on Evocatus already took those. Razz Also, I set peredur back to the password we discussed.

Right now the map is up in the air its just a new, test, 1.7 map till 1.8 is "officially" released. Mine has mobs on, but creepers have block damaged nerfed so they wont blow your stuff up but still hurt you. Atleast thats how it will be in 1.8 once bukkit is out. Thanks again for resetting the password Smile
My pleasure, my infinite thanks for giving me a distraction from crushing depression and grief this summer with Minecraft and the peredur account. Smile And further infinite gratitude for my new account! Are you aware that 1.9 is going to require totally-new maps too?
KermMartian wrote:
My pleasure, my infinite thanks for giving me a distraction from crushing depression and grief this summer with Minecraft and the peredur account. Smile And further infinite gratitude for my new account! Are you aware that 1.9 is going to require totally-new maps too?

Anytime! Glad to help Smile
And I Thought for 1.9 it was just nether stuff, i didnt know they were changing the normal world gen code again too. Where did you read this? Sad
rcfreak0 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Anytime! Glad to help Smile
And I Thought for 1.9 it was just nether stuff, i didnt know they were changing the normal world gen code again too. Where did you read this? Sad

I was surprised by this too, and then I checked the wiki's Upcoming Features page:

Quote:
"Nether Update / Second Part of the Adventure Update".
Finished Biome code and New Biomes.
Snowy Biomes
NPCs in Villages.
Use for experience (skills) will be added.
Animal breeding.
Increased number of Strongholds per map (from three to unlimited).
Boss Mobs in Strongholds.
So i will have to start another new map for 1.9 too? Wtf. How lame is that. I hope i only have to re-do the nether. It doesnt sound like it, but not to sound mean but i hope you and the wiki are wrong Smile
rcfreak0 wrote:
So i will have to start another new map for 1.9 too? Wtf. How lame is that. I hope i only have to re-do the nether. It doesnt sound like it, but not to sound mean but i hope you and the wiki are wrong Smile
The way we're solving it on Evocatus is keeping our 1.7 map for towns and exploration for the very long term, and making a mining world in 1.8, then 1.9, then 1.10... etc, where we will have a higher ore concentration, but only one exit and entrance portal. Everything will be PvP outside of a 10-block radius from the portals, which will encourage people both to camp the portals and to mine in big groups to defend against mining PvP.
KermMartian wrote:
rcfreak0 wrote:
The way we're solving it on Evocatus is keeping our 1.7 map for towns and exploration for the very long term, and making a mining world in 1.8, then 1.9, then 1.10... etc, where we will have a higher ore concentration, but only one exit and entrance portal. Everything will be PvP outside of a 10-block radius from the portals, which will encourage people both to camp the portals and to mine in big groups to defend against mining PvP.

Wow complicated (ish) it works tho. Hopefully there will be a way to copy more from 1.8 to 1.9, otherwise ill just start over again or copy more stuff. I'll have to wait and see what notch does. Hopefully everything will work out. Tho, i have been looking for a reason to start over on my current map so im happy for 1.8 but this bugs me hes making people almost reset maps for servers cause of the updates. Just take a little more time and do that all at once :/ imo anyways.
Not too complicated. Smile Just our main world that people are working hard to build on, and a second, semi throw-away world to explore new features and provide some PvP fun.
This would be a good place for me to build (or instruct how to build) that 4x5x4 room 3D maze which modifies itself each time someone goes through it. There were 40ish versions that it would shift through. It's just a grid of D-flip-flops (D-latches) connected to doors in the maze, each sending the next diagonal door the last state, clocked by the event of the maze being completed (pressure plate between two doors; door from maze closes, door out of maze opens; maze shifts; entrance door opens ... enter maze and step on plate; door to entrance shuts, door into maze opens, exit shuts)
You should definitely come visit! That sounds like a good vault-guarding mechanism to me. Smile
what is arcadias ip?
annoyingorange wrote:
what is arcadias ip?

Arcadia is a town, you can find it on Evocat.us
Pizzaboy wrote:
annoyingorange wrote:
what is arcadias ip?

Arcadia is a town, you can find it on Evocat.us
^ What he said. Come to evocat.us, and look for /town Arcadia (mayor KermMartian, assistants Pizzabboy, CheseeJ3rk, and ElderofMagic). Any of those four people can add you to our town.
*bump* Evocatus has upgraded to 1.8! Come enjoy Arcadia, towns, and PvP with us!
Neat!

Also, screw the train system you guys had in mind. Can I help build a monorail?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzzxS_MP8sQ
Actually, the server-wide rail system is my current focus; we didn't bother doing an under-city rail this time. It would be fun to have someone to help build if you ever have the time for it. Smile
I would love to help build as well. I just need to figure out where everything is, my last trek into arcadia I got lost and couldn't find anything.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours