Cemetech Minecraft server
Yes
 80%  [ 8 ]
No
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

TC01 wrote:
Just my two cents on this:

I play Minecraft, and I like multiplayer. I usually play on a (mostly vanilla SMP) server with some friends of mine I know through school and various other real life ways.

I might be interested in checking out another server and playing on it occasionally; just because it's still people I know (albeit only online). I would feel less inclined to check out what those same people were doing on Evocatus because Evocatus is primarily non-Cemetechians.

I don't know if anyone else would agree, but I would say that it's not impossible you'd get a few more players if you had a dedicated Cemetech Minecraft server.

qazz42 wrote:
I would just want a server where it is just like playing vanilla SSP >.>

In other words, you want vanilla SMP? Razz

well, almost, a few fun plugins wouldn't hurt Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
The issue there is the $33, it should be split between those who play, but what if one of them stops paying or quits and no longer has the need to pay? That is the one and only true downside I can see.

I would gladly help with the payment if I could finally get me a job.
I was mostly saying that in response to, "Ram packages; 1GB ram 29.99$ per month (14.99$ first month)." Besides, they do have significantly cheaper plans as well. For the first two months, I was running my server on their "Wolf" plan, 512 MB RAM for $11 per month.
TC01, the good thing about Evocatus is that even though it's largely non-Cemetechians, all of the Cemetechians are in a big town called Arcadia, so you'd get to build and fight with us. I think you should come try it out at some point. Smile Svenne, I extend you the same invitation; I think you'd enjoy our PvP.
Thanks a lot; I'll be sure to register on their website Smile
EDIT: The whitelist has been lifted?
Svenne wrote:
Thanks a lot; I'll be sure to register on their website Smile
EDIT: The whitelist has been lifted?
It has indeed. The admin is now saying we'll be looking at a Wednesday relaunch, depending how fast we can finish the new infrastructure, documentation, etc.
Is this server up?
Nope, it's still in the planning stages.
I like how almost all of AnnoyingOrange's posts are one line and somehow relate to "Is this being worked on?" or "Has this been finished?" It's better when he doesn't capitalize anything.
Everyone, I would be more then happy to host a minecraft server for cemetech, I have a dedicated machine that i can keep up 24/7.
err, no, I think that arcadia/evocatus is good enough for us Razz
Ok, thats fine Iw as just offering if anyone was interested.
Justin979271 wrote:
Everyone, I would be more then happy to host a minecraft server for cemetech, I have a dedicated machine that i can keep up 24/7.
I believe many of us do, and I appreciate the offer, but if we ever switch away from Evocatus and decide to host our own server, I'll probably go with something more professional. Smile
yeah, sorry justin, but your server may not have that much lag, but after switching to bukkit, adding the plugins, AND having 20 or so people on the server, your secondary laptop may not hold
qazz42 wrote:
yeah, sorry justin, but your server may not have that much lag, but after switching to bukkit, adding the plugins, AND having 20 or so people on the server, your secondary laptop may not hold
For the sake of comparison, the Evocatus MC server has four cores and 4GB of RAM in its VM configuration, and the compressed backup of the map and plugins is over 1GB. Monthly transfer bandwidth creeps well into the hundreds of GB.
Surprised a compressed backup is over 1 GB? Wow, I never realized how big the evocatus server is..... I only have 2 cores and 4GB of RAM, also compressed for me is about 4 MB or so...
The maps are only has large as you explore. Which is why Evocat.us is so large. Dozens of users have ventured into the wilderness towards every point on the compass, dug in caves, built in - and out - of cities.

For a single server for one to four people, you all likely stay close to camp, and explore much less in five minutes than, say, 17 people on Evocat.us exploring within the same duration.

The largest map size I've got is 20MB's. But that'd because I didn't like any locations to start building around spawn so I ventured in search of the perfect spot.
KermMartian wrote:
Justin979271 wrote:
I believe many of us do, and I appreciate the offer, but if we ever switch away from Evocatus and decide to host our own server, I'll probably go with something more professional. Smile

Ok, thanks Kerm I just wanted people's feedback.
comicIDIOT wrote:
The maps are only has large as you explore. Which is why Evocat.us is so large. Dozens of users have ventured into the wilderness towards every point on the compass, dug in caves, built in - and out - of cities.
And which is why we have borders set at +/- 2000 in each direction, which is 4000/16 = 250 chunks on each axis, or 250*250 = 62,500 chunks total. Recall that each chunk is 16x16x128, so even if it was one byte per block (which it's not), that would be 32KB per chunk, or 2 million KB (2GB) for the full 4000x4000x128-block Evocatus map. Luckily, every unmodified chunk can be stored smaller (?), but once a single block is broken, as far as I understand, the whole chunk is stored.
I like the idea of a cemetech minecraft server
http://www.beastnode.com/ is what I use for Minecraft hosting. 1GB is $17.95. It is the best service I have found so far, its fast, not laggy and the support is super fast.

We currently have a creeper (76 slot, 3GB) package

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours