Yeah, but when I lived in the US I was vearry jung, I was already for second class in Germany! Smile
*Bump* I need this for Survivalsnake, I messed around with storing things in the program itself with Celtic3 Libs, and this gives a syntax error at the "Pause" (program name is A):

Code:
:
:Input Str1
:det(8,"A", Str1,1,0
:Pause

EDIT: Even this gives an Error at the pause:

Code:
:
:Input Str1
:det(6,"A",Str1,1
:det(7,"A",2
:Pause
:det(5,"A",1->Str2
:Disp Str2
Can we safely assume that you're either running this from Doors CS, or from the homescreen with HomeRun installed? In the first code function, don't you have to specify #oflines >= 1?
erm, I don't understand what you mean, but I use DCS and homerunhook. And if I save it in a other program instead it works. Just saving in itself doesn't work. Wierd.
EDIT: Now i get what you mean, but if I let that out it still does not work. Sad
Do you have the Celtic 3 libraries enabled in Doors CS? Is there anything stored in Str1?
Quote:
erm, I don't understand what you mean, but I use DCS and homerunhook. And if I save it in a other program instead it works. Just saving in itself doesn't work. Wierd.
EDIT: Now i get what you mean, but if I let that out it still does not work.

Are you trying to do SMC (self-modifying code)?
There is nothing stored in Str1, the program moddes itslef, but the wiered thing is, that it gives an syntax error on a normal "Pause", not at the code where it is modded or the modded line.
Is there anything on the same line as the Pause, like a space?
no, somtimews it gives an syntax error, somtimes not. :S
Have you tried running it under the normal Celtic 3 app? If your program works with that, post a bug report for Doors CS in the thread.
no, i havent, and i unfortunatly don't have a good way to load things onb my calc, coz my pc monitor brock Sad
If you have something you can SSH into your computer with, you can start TiLP from there and get it to send stuff, and use wget to get the program you want to send. I think TiLP can send programs from the command line, at least.
Oooh, you're trying to do SMC, modifying the program that's running. That's a very bad idea, don't do that. Smile
What about the Calendar program someone made for a contest? That used SMC and it looked cool Smile. I think SMC is fine, if it is something that is at the top of the program or in another program. Once you get further down in the program, it starts to get difficult to find line numbers and will result in more errors. If you can / have to, put your code to be SMC'd into another program, which will make your life so much easier Smile
For the Cemetech contest? Are you sure that that was Sorunome? Shock I could have sworn that that was Souvik that had made that.
Yup, I made the calendar program. In a TI basic program, I would advise you _not_ to use SMC, it will just confuse you and you'll risk program corruption.
souvik1997 wrote:
Yup, I made the calendar program. In a TI basic program, I would advise you _not_ to use SMC, it will just confuse you and you'll risk program corruption.
But you did such an awesome job on it! What about other-program-modifying TI-BASIC; do you consider that reasonably sane?
You have to be extremely careful, one accidental change could destroy your program, especially if you have a lot of stuff written on one line.
Quote:
But you did such an awesome job on it! What about other-program-modifying TI-BASIC; do you consider that reasonably sane?

I consider that to be more sane than a TI-Basic program modifying itself, since the program getting modified isn't running. There is just so much that can go wrong when a TI-Basic program modifies itself. You could accidentally delete a critical part of your program, and not know about it (that's what happened to me during the contest). Unless you are really sure that you are modifying what you intend to modify, or if you back up your program often, try to stay away from using SMC.
That's good to know, thanks Souvik. Smile I would think modifying BASIC programs running under Doors CS would be particularly awkward, especially the ones that might be RAM copies of archived programs.
Wait, I never said that it was Sorunome that made that, I was just saying that _someone_ was able to do it and that it turned out well. (In my defense, I didn't know Souvik then Razz). I still personally think that SMC can be useful, but I can't think of an exact instance where it is useful :/ Regardless, you should probably steer clear of SMC unless there is a really good reason.
*Bump* KermM, did you already make screenies of Mino v1.2?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours