Don't forget folks we already have our Spoiler Tagged topic for this season!
So I just realized my primary problem with the Moffat seasons thus far have been that they've had way too a many happy endings. Most of the adventures they've had have had way too little emotional cost, even as the scope has gotten grander.
I wrote up a definitive viewing order for modern Who + spinoffs.

• 1996 movie ("Doctor Who")
  • Season 1 of Doctor Who
  • 2005 Doctor Who Children in Need special (5 mins)
  • 2006 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Christmas Invasion
  • Season 2 of Doctor Who
  • 2006 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Runaway Bride
  • Season 3 of Doctor Who, stopping after Blink
  • Season 1 of Torchwood
    • This is basically concurrent with season 3 of Doctor Who, so you can watch them in either order, or interlace them. The synchronization points are important though. The first couple episodes of both explicitly deal with the aftermath of the Doctor Who Season 2 finale, and the characters end up in the same place by the beginning of "Utopia" (the Doctor Who episode immediately after Blink).

• Season 1 of Sarah Jane Adventures
  • Season 3 of Doctor Who, restarting at Utopia
  • 2007 Doctor Who Children in Need special (5 mins - Time Crash)
  • 2007 Doctor Who Christmas Special Voyage of the Damned
  • Season 2 of Torchwood
  • Season 4 of Doctor Who Stopping after The Poison Sky
  • Season 2 of Sarah Jane Adventures
  • Season 4 of Doctor Who restarting at The Doctor's Daughter, Stopping after Journey's End
  • Season 3 of Torchwood (Children of Earth)
  • 2008 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Next Doctor
  • 2009 Sarah Jane Adventures Comic Relief Special (From Raxacoricofallapatorious With Love)
  • Season 3 of Sarah Jane Adventures
  • 2009 Doctor Who Easter Special Planet of the Dead
  • 2009 Doctor Who Autumn Special The Waters of Mars,
  • 2009 Doctor Who Christmas Special The End of Time pt 1
  • 2010 Doctor Who New Years Special The End of Time pt 2
  • Season 5 of Doctor Who stopping after The Eleventh Hour
  • Doctor Who Meanwhile in the TARDIS pt 1
  • Season 5 of Doctor Who restarting at The Beast Below, stopping after Flesh and Stone
  • Doctor Who Meanwhile in the TARDIS pt 2
  • Season 5 of Doctor Who restarting at The Vampires of Venice
  • 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special A Christmas Carol
  • 2010 Doctor Who Comic Relief Specials (3 mins each - Space / Time)
  • Night and the Doctor: Bad Night, Good Night
  • Season 4 of Sarah Jane Adventures
  • Season 6 of Doctor Who Stopping after A Good Man Goes to War
  • Doctor Who The Battle of Demon's Run — Two Days Later (3 mins)
  • Season 6 of Doctor Who restarting at Let's Kill Hitler, stopping after The God Complex
  • Night and the Doctor: Up All Night
  • Season 6 of Doctor Who restarting at Closing Time
  • Night and the Doctor: First Night, Last Night
  • 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe
  • Doctor Who Pond Life - parts 1 - 5
  • Season 4 of Torchwood (Miracle Day)
  • Season 5 of Sarah Jane Adventures
  • Season 7 of Doctor Who Stopping after The Angel's Take Manhattan
  • Doctor Who P.S. (animated - 5 mins)
  • Doctor Who The Great Detective (2 mins)
  • Doctor Who Vastra Investigates (2 mins)
  • 2012 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Snowmen
  • Season 7 of Doctor Who restarting at The Bells of Saint John
  • Doctor Who The Night of the Doctor (7 mins)
  • Doctor Who The Last Day (4 mins)
  • Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special - The Day of the Doctor

• See also: An Adventure in Space and Time,
    • See also: The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot

• 2013 Doctor Who Christmas Special - The Time of the Doctor
    Season 8 of Doctor Who (coming soon!)
My brain is slightly (horiddly) broken, now.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/japanese-doctor-who-parody-is-the-weirdest-and-best-thing/
tifreak8x wrote:

Relatedly

http://io9.com/celebrate-50-years-of-the-american-version-of-doctor-wh-1601968713/all
Various lines of dialogue from the different types of Doctor Who fans. Which "fan" to you find yourself to be?

Source: NSFW, Language
I know Kerm fits the Moffatt haters group, and possibly the Fan theorists group :p
They forgot 8 1/2 Wink!
http://io9.com/this-fan-made-doctor-who-opening-is-so-awesome-stephen-1622434800

Thought this was kind of interesting. Seems Moffat really liked the intro done by a fan, so they're using it as a basis for the new intro.
WOO! Season premier tonight! I can't wait!
tifreak8x wrote:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-23/could-even-the-bbc-top-this-peter-capaldi-doctor-who-intro

Video in the link shows a fan made intro for the new doctor. Honestly, they should just buy the works off the person and use it, there's no way for them to top it.

Looks like they used some of this intro for the new intro. XD The beginnings are quite similar (almost identical, I must say).
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Looks like they used some of this intro for the new intro. XD The beginnings are quite similar (almost identical, I must say).

There's a comment literally two posts up about this.

Also, don't forgot to post spoilers in the appropriately labeled topic for this season.
I'll admit that I'm disappointed in the lack of interest in Doctor Who on Cemetech this season, for S7 we have 10 pages of posts for all 13 episodes, we're 5 episodes into this current season and not even at a full page yet. Are any of you watching S8? Sad
I am, I've been horridly underwhelmed this season. The only thing at this point that I want to know is, who is the mystery lady. Just finished watching the bank robbing episode, and I already knew halfway through who the architect was, and the overall episode didn't really bring out much excitement. To be honest, was waiting for the end so I could go watch the two episodes of pokemon I've not seen yet. :S
Rather epic Doctor Who video made on Minecraft! Check it out, even if you aren't a mine crafter you'll appreciate the work and the detail in the craftsmanship. There's even snippets of audio synced to the video.

I can definitely give credit to them, I'd just love to know how many months it took to get that down. I just can't comprehend having nothing else to do but work on that :p
Not sure if this is spoilerific but: http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/doctor-who-writer-moffat-open-to-river-song-and-captain-jack-returning

He goes on to say that River & Jack are monuments characters and their return would have to be huge. First of all, no. River was a routine character in S7 (and 6?) and she could easily return out of the blue. Though, I agree with Jack. I feel like not bringing Torchwood back in place of UNIT was a bad mistake, though I suppose that was kind of set up in one of the specials we had last year, the 50th I think.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not sure if this is spoilerific but: http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/doctor-who-writer-moffat-open-to-river-song-and-captain-jack-returning

He goes on to say that River & Jack are monuments characters and their return would have to be huge. First of all, no. River was a routine character in S7 (and 6?) and she could easily return out of the blue. Though, I agree with Jack. I feel like not bringing Torchwood back in place of UNIT was a bad mistake, though I suppose that was kind of set up in one of the specials we had last year, the 50th I think.

A meeting between Captain Jack and Twelve would be quite amusing, I imagine.
re, comic's pic. I def am with the Moffat hater groups with Kerm. Although I think that Moffat did Sherlock much MUCH better than he did his Who episodes (at least, once he took full reigns)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours