souvik1997 wrote:
I'd love to try writing an Axiom for CALCnet. Very Happy
I've tried to look at the Axiom documentation before to expose things like the GUI and other MOS/DCS libraries to Axe coders, but I had trouble understanding the documentation, sadly. Sad I guess I just don't think Axe-ly enough.
@Kerm: Eitrix is some sort of Tetris spinoff for both the 83+ and Xbox 360 (indie games store). He planned multiplayer at first through CALCnet, but I'm not sure anymore now.

@Souvik: That would be nice. Very Happy
DJ_O wrote:
@Kerm: Eitrix is some sort of Tetris spinoff for both the 83+ and Xbox 360 (indie games store). He planned multiplayer at first through CALCnet, but I'm not sure anymore now.
Ah, good to know, perhaps he should poke me at some point.

Quote:
@Souvik: That would be nice. Very Happy
Agreed.
@Kerm, how much longer do you think it will be before the DirectUSB is available for testing for Windows? For Mac?

I would be glad to help with debugging, for either OS.
ACagliano wrote:
@Kerm, how much longer do you think it will be before the DirectUSB is available for testing for Windows? For Mac?

Windows will probably be available first, followed by Linux, followed by Mac OS X (unless Elfprince has a chance to do some testing and fixing, in which case Mac OS X and Linux might be roughly simultaneous). I'm afraid that work has been keeping me from starting Direct USB, but I'm making Obliterate progress this weekend, which means Direct USB will hopefully be in the near future.
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:

Windows will probably be available first, followed by Linux, followed by Mac OS X (unless Elfprince has a chance to do some testing and fixing, in which case Mac OS X and Linux might be roughly simultaneous). I'm afraid that work has been keeping me from starting Direct USB, but I'm making Obliterate progress this weekend, which means Direct USB will hopefully be in the near future.

Remember that I can both test and write iokit code for mac. I'm not the best programmer in that regard, but I should be able to let you talk to it well enough. My suggestion here is to get the generic framework working, and then let us fill in the application details. I can test linux, mac, and windows, too.
Luckily I already have the application framework working and cross-platform in the existing gCnClient, so I'll just need the USB bits for the direct USB link. Again, though, I unfortunately am not quite ready to begin working on this.
KermMartian wrote:

This is more likely for Direct USB than it is for the $10 link. I went to order my Uno yesterday and Sparkfun was out of stock =(
Oh no, what a bummer! There's lots of other sites that carry it, though. Are you going for the DIP Uno or the SMT Uno?
KermMartian wrote:
Oh no, what a bummer! There's lots of other sites that carry it, though. Are you going for the DIP Uno or the SMT Uno?

Of course, but I'm hoping to use my $10 from Free Day towards it....waiting to see if it comes back in stock before the point-spending deadline.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Of course, but I'm hoping to use my $10 from Free Day towards it....waiting to see if it comes back in stock before the point-spending deadline.
Ah, of course. What about getting the SMT Uno? The problem there of course is that you can't use the Arduino board then as a programming for other DIP AVRs.
Both are out of stock =(

[edit]

Also SMD :p
elfprince13 wrote:
Both are out of stock =(

[edit]

Aww, but then you can't program other AVRs with it. Sad I guess that's not a priority for you. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Both are out of stock =(

[edit]

Aww, but then you can't program other AVRs with it. Sad I guess that's not a priority for you. Smile

Oh, I was just pointing out that you misspelled it twice as SMT Wink But either one would be good with me at this point since I don't have a huge collection of AVRs Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Both are out of stock =(

[edit]

Oh, I was just pointing out that you misspelled it twice as SMT Wink But either one would be good with me at this point since I don't have a huge collection of AVRs Wink
Might I point you to this? Wink

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/SMT
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Both are out of stock =(

[edit]

and this: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/SMD Just Joking, but I found it funny anyway. Wink
KermMartian wrote:

I'm just reading straight from the Sparkfun page Wink Also, what graphmastur said.
I don't usually listen to graphmastur, because he's convinced that I'm not a very intelligent individual. Laughing Good look on that, then. Sad I have a few more things to add to Obliterate, and then it's time to start Direct UBS, huzzah. Perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday.
w00t w00t, that sounds fun =) I'll be excited to help test the direct stuff on all 3 OSes.
elfprince13 wrote:
w00t w00t, that sounds fun =) I'll be excited to help test the direct stuff on all 3 OSes.
Just to keep my mind primed, things to figure out:

1) How the OS's send/receive routines work, so I don't have to swap RAM page 1 into Bank A to send and receive
2) How to detect if a USB cable is connected
3) How to throw out USB bytes on the wire that are not intended for this calculator, since there's no sync mechanism without out-of-band signalling
4) How to fake the out-of-band signalling with some in-band signalling

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours