After a long summer and fall of coding and debugging, Doors CS 7.1 has finally been released! This milestone comes three years since the last major release of Doors CS 6.0 in April 2007 and two years since the incremental release of Doors CS 6.2 in May 2008, and four months since Doors CS 7.0 was released in late August. Nine years since its humble beginnings as a crude BASIC shell, Doors CS 7.1 aims to bring a full set of features and rock-solid stability to users and coders alike. It supports MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub BASIC and Assembly programs, and contains full support libraries for XLib, Celtic III, PicArc, (partially) Omnicalc, and the new DCSB Libs that let Doors CS coders use features like the DCS GUI. The HomeRun feature lets you execute any type of program, BASIC or ASM, archived or not, from the TI-OS homescreen. The Doors CS desktop lets you view your programs and folders, organize them into nested folders, cut, copy, rename, lock, archive, hide, and even edit programs, and change settings and options from the DCS Menu. Doors CS 7.0 added more robust protection from data loss due to RAM Clears, including automatic restoration of the user's folder structure. In addition, Doors CS 7.1 packages the powerful CALCnet2.2 networking protocol into the shell, allowing users to link two, twenty, or two thousand calculators for communication and multiplayer gaming.

For ASM developers, Doors CS offers a full suite of features, adding the DCS GUI system, and Associated Program system that automatically opens files in their associated viewer/editor, and much more on top of a full complement of MirageOS and Ion-compatible libraries. BASIC programmers can take advantage of support for every popular BASIC library built directly into the shell. Full information about Doors CS can be found at http://dcs.cemetech.net, including a (very) exhaustive feature list and screenshots galore for your viewing pleasure.

Download Doors CS 7.1 today and unleash the full power of your graphing calculator!

Download
Doors CS 7.1

Other Useful Downloads
Doors CS 7.1 SDK - The official Doors CS 7 SDK
Document DE 7 - A text editor demonstrating the power of Doors CS.
Doors CS 7 Teaser Trailer

This is so exciting Kerm! I can't wait to see the innovative games the community comes up with to make use of CALCnet2.2!
Yay! Great job KermM!
ComicIDIOT, _player, thanks so much! Smile I hope so too.
wee, when I get time, this goes right on my calc Very Happy

One thing you forgot is to show Castlevania Prelude to Chaos in the first video to demonstrate the games Razz
Sweet! I also see that besides that old 2003 song from me you also like good ol' Starcraft music. ;D

Anyway nice work and I shall update my two calcs as soon as I use them again. Smile
The video is pretty great, also it's great a new DCS is out Smile
DJ Omnimaga, thanks! I hope you find Doors CS as stable as I have after the pain of making 2.53MP not be a problem. ScoutDavid, cheers on both counts.
Supah Epic Win. I'm finally upgrading from my trusty 6.2 installation. Also, epic video.
I LOVE THIS!!!
Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
Supah Epic Win. I'm finally upgrading from my trusty 6.2 installation. Also, epic video.
Huzzah! I'm very happy to hear it. C.sprinkle, thanks again. Smile And Qazz42, heh, yeah, I did. A fun fact for everyone: I have a grand total of 5 bytes free on Page 1 of (0, 1, 2).
Yikes. That's going to hurt if you want to add anything on a new version.
c.sprinkle wrote:
Yikes. That's going to hurt if you want to add anything on a new version.
To some extent, yes, but I've optimized at least 1 or 2KB out of Doors CS in order to jam 7.1's features in, especially CALCnet2.2. I'll just have to keep learning new optimization tricks. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga, thanks! I hope you find Doors CS as stable as I have after the pain of making 2.53MP not be a problem. ScoutDavid, cheers on both counts.

EDIT: Used different image since the other one was hosted in a member-only area. This one is a courtesy of Deep Thought, inspired by http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/images/breakdown.png
DJ Omnimaga, thanks for that, but he posted a topic on Cemetech about that as well. Wink
Sadly, that is an accurate description of programming a crappy OS.
Oh really? Darn I should check more often. X.x

There were a bunch of other graphs as well but I think the one above is quite accurate.

But yeah I remember the other night in SAX when you ranted about OS 2.53 MP. I'm glad you managed to sort things out for Doors CS 7.1 release.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Oh really? Darn I should check more often. X.x

There were a bunch of other graphs as well but I think the one above is quite accurate.

But yeah I remember the other night in SAX when you ranted about OS 2.53 MP. I'm glad you managed to sort things out for Doors CS 7.1 release.
Thanks, I had a painful few days/weeks/months sorting out those issues. For the longest time I thought Alberthro was crazy until Beta7 managed to reproduce the problem, and with his help we eventually deduced that the ON-PRGM hook was at fault. In the end, it turns out that MathPrint does weird things with a bunch of undocumented flags that are new in 2.53MP (and TI hasn't told us anything about them). I have a fix in 7.1, but just between you and me (and everyone who reads this thread), I'm not even sure precisely how my fix works. Sad
That video was amazing, made me excited, even though I knew what's in Doors! Congrats to you for coming such a long way, I'll be making some new games soon enough, finals are almost over with!
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
That video was amazing, made me excited, even though I knew what's in Doors! Congrats to you for coming such a long way, I'll be making some new games soon enough, finals are almost over with!
That's great to hear! I'm both happy that the videos are exciting, and happy that you'll be gracing us with some new projects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours