Just tried it, amazing Very Happy

The only thing I found was that it didn't always recognize the other calc as being connected. Ie, I - using a ti 84+ se and a ti 83+ - started the 83+ first, then the 84+se, and the 84+se noticed the other calc, but the other one didn't notice it. I had to quit then reopen it.

Oh, and I noticed that you can both be player 1 >Very Happy
Yeah, I got super-lazy with the broadcasting and synchronization. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with CALCnet2.2 itself, just my implementation in this demo program. If you ran from within DCS, you would have seen far fewer issues, because the TI-OS on the calculator that you started NetPong on second wouldn't have tried to intercept the link activity.
eh, to tell the truth, I will test it once on my nspire, and thats it

the 84+ keypad is too loose for it to be a proper testing tool

sorry Sad
qazz42 wrote:
eh, to tell the truth, I will test it once on my nspire, and thats it

the 84+ keypad is too loose for it to be a proper testing tool

sorry Sad
Oh, so you mean it not working might have been the fault of your keypad, not the Nspire itself?
no, no, nonononono

no

I am just saying that the 84 keypad lose, and it gets annoying

Don't worry, I used a piece of paper to keep it in place temporarily, so that is not a factor of the bug Smile
qazz42 wrote:
no, no, nonononono

no

I am just saying that the 84 keypad lose, and it gets annoying

Don't worry, I used a piece of paper to keep it in place temporarily, so that is not a factor of the bug Smile
That's good to hear. Sidebar, what could be done to fix the looseness? Is there a piece of metal or some contacts that are broken?
I dont know, I just put a peice of paper under the keypad, that that solves it for a bit
qazz42 wrote:
I dont know, I just put a peice of paper under the keypad, that that solves it for a bit
Doesn't sound like a terribly sustainable solution. Can't you send away for a free 84+ keypad from TI?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours