Could you also post the video before you converted it?
_player1537 wrote:
Could you also post the video before you converted it?
I could do so, but I don't know how happy you'd be with it, considering that it's a 37MB mov file. I'll try to convert it a bit better this time, plus I'm tossing on a 4-way screenshot from PindurTI.
*bump* Enjoy this, guys:

OMG, AWESOME! The Mario made me lol.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
OMG, AWESOME! The Mario made me 0x5.
Hehe, it's always been a Mario sprite. Wink Just to be clear, that's demonstrating distributed pausing (I press MODE on one calc to pause, then again on a different calculator to cancel the pause), distributed quitting (press clear on any calculator, and it tells the others to quit), and of course ball transmission from calc to calc.
KermMartian wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
OMG, AWESOME! The Mario made me 0x5.
Hehe, it's always been a Mario sprite. Wink Just to be clear, that's demonstrating distributed pausing (I press MODE on one calc to pause, then again on a different calculator to cancel the pause), distributed quitting (press clear on any calculator, and it tells the others to quit), and of course ball transmission from calc to calc.

Oh, I couldn't tell from the distance of the other videos. All three of them have great sync! Almost instantaneous looking.
Thanks, I'm glad that this screenshot helps to clarify it. I might add it to the frontpage article, think I should?
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks, I'm glad that this screenshot helps to clarify it. I might add it to the frontpage article, think I should?

Yeah, combine it with the one out now.
:O KermM, WIN! Great syncing indeed!
Eager to see documentation on how to run it. Such as how to tell each calc it's position in the array and such. I'm more interested in the basics than the behind the scenes, but I'd like to read that as well!

I saw the second page and the screen shots. How can you setup an array such as a square four calculators or one with nine?
Btw, what is that little black stripe at the bottom of each screen?
That would be the status bar from the "Finding Calcs" screen. Looks like it doesn't clear the whole screen D:

Erm, it's actually the debug status indicator from the interrupt.
Answers to all the questions:

1) Documentation: comicIDIOT, I will be writing a whitepaper on this, but I'd be happy to publish some preliminaries. Your question about position has a relatively simple answer. Each calculator uses its unique 10-digit ID as its network address (a 5-byte identifier), so that no "IP address"-like coordination is necessary. The ID is closer to a MAC address than an IP address, and some kind of IP address nomenclature won't be necessary until gCn is back in development and there needs to be a way to differentiate multiple network segments. Back to your original question, most applications that aren't combined-screen things like this (multiplayer games, card games, FTP clients, any number of such applications) won't require knowing the physical position of each calculator in relation to the others, so this physical position thing isn't a built-in feature of CALCnet2.2. Rather, you press one of the number keys on each of the calculators to set its position (1=leftmost, 2=next, etc) for this sample application. Notice that whichever calculator thinks it is the leftmost calculator gets the "Press [enter]" text and is responsible for telling the other calculators that it's time to clear off the broadcast menu, stop broadcasting, and start pong-ing.

2) _player1537: those are debug indicators.

3) comic: indeed. More specifically, the right half shows the link state, and the left half spins (sort of like the run indicator) to show network activity. The top-left bar rotates one pixel every time the interrupt runs, the middle-left bar rotates one pixel every time the receive routine is entered, and the bottom-left bar rotates one pixel every time the send routine is entered.
*double rainbow ...errrr... bump*

There seems to be some conflict about external lib vs. cram it into Doors CS.

Advantages of external lib:
1) No annoying need to compress or eliminate DCS features
2) Can be retroactively used on DCS 6.x forwards

Advantages of cramming it into DCS:
1) No need to write painful relocatable code (which would probably mess up all my timing)
2) More reliable interrupts
What will the external lib be saved as? An app or program?

Edit: What about just having to append the source to calcnet to the end of your program?
_player1537 wrote:
What will the external lib be saved as? An app or program?

Edit: What about just having to append the source to calcnet to the end of your program?
The external lib would have to be an Appended Library Extension, basically like a shared library that Doors CS recognizes, which I don't seem to have documentation on. It appears to the TI-OS as a program. And yeah, appending the source to each program is an option, but it seems like a substantial 1K waste. Sad
*bumpity bump*

Give me some opinions on these various art asset doodles for NetPong:

Hmm, what will we have to set up for CALCnet, other than the I/O cables
i like the inverted NET PONG one best, as the capital G looks odd in the others(although if you dont want to bother having a title menu then the smaller one may work best as a splash). as it is, though, the white barrier around the letters seems a bit weird and inconsistent. maybe something beefier, like this?
shmibs wrote:
i like the inverted NET PONG one best, as the capital G looks odd in the others(although if you dont want to bother having a title menu then the smaller one may work best as a splash). as it is, though, the white barrier around the letters seems a bit weird and inconsistent. maybe something beefier, like this?
Ah, cool point, I'll try something like that. I dunno why I'm having trouble with the title text for this; I'm usually fairly decent at these.

Qazz: Nothing. Very Happy That's the beauty of it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours