Doors CS 6.5 Beta is the first DCS7 beta to contain one of the biggest feature additions to Doors CS 7, alongside Homerun, Folder Backup, and Runprog Chaining: built-in support for XLib / Celtic III / PicArc / Omnicalc compatibility. Building off Iambian's generous donation of the Celtic III code base, this version of Doors CS adds many improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations to that code base. In addition, it provides many core Doors CS bug fixes and optimizations, including repair of a graphics glitch with FileOpen/FileSaveAs, fixes for malfunctions when copying and renaming programs, repair of an issue where deleting the DCS7 appvar without a RAM reset could cause duplicate folders to be created, and many more.

You guys have been invaluable in providing feedback and comments. As always, testing, bug reports, suggestions, and comments are solicited and welcomed. I would particularly appreciate if authors of XLib and Celtic programs would try out their programs and let me know of any issues, including whether Doors CS properly handles incorrect syntax or arguments to Celtic III and XLib functions. Please take note of the known and fixed XLib / Celtic III compatiblity issues and the usual To-Do list.

Download
Doors CS 6.5 Beta

Will you bear my children? I love you.
KermMartian wrote:
Doors CS 6.5 Beta is the first DCS7 beta to contain one of the biggest feature additions to Doors CS 7, alongside Homerun, Folder Backup, and Runprog Chaining: built-in support for XLib / Celtic III / PicArc / Omnicalc compatibility. Building off Iambian's generous donation of the Celtic III code base, this version of Doors CS adds many improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations to that code base. In addition, it provides many core Doors CS bug fixes and optimizations, including repair of a graphics glitch with FileOpen/FileSaveAs, fixes for malfunctions when copying and renaming programs, repair of an issue where deleting the DCS7 appvar without a RAM reset could cause duplicate folders to be created, and many more.

How do you handle Omnicalc compatibility? Is there a toggle or something like that?

Very nice work on all counts.
This is nice Very Happy

For xLIB/Celtic III compatibility, will there be an option in the shell to swap between xLIB and Celtic III's xLIB emulation compatibility mode? It might be helpful if a game that uses both Celtic's xLIB functions and Celtic's native functions cannot run properly if xLIB commands are interpreted the same way as the real xLIB APP.

That said I am happy we can now play Omnicalc, xLIB and Celtic III games without swapping between 3 sets of hooks all the time.

I will try some games later, such as Reuben Quest, SMSD, Metroid II Expansion and the never finished ROL4 project

EDIT: following screenshot shows there are still some issues with xLIB stuff x.x
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1471;image
Kevin, what happens if you try to run SMSD from inside Doors CS? And did the other programs run properly, or no?
sometimes I can't change the lowercase toggle on and off. Its very random, but when it happens it doesn't let me turn it off. I'm going to try and recreate it now Smile

Ok, found my appvar that causes it, here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/?cny2j3jmkz4
_player1537 wrote:
sometimes I can't change the lowercase toggle on and off. Its very random, but when it happens it doesn't let me turn it off. I'm going to try and recreate it now Smile

Ok, found my appvar that causes it, here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/?cny2j3jmkz4
It turned out that your appvar had a '3' at the AppVar offset for the lowercase flag, rather than the accepted 0 or 1. I modified the routine that deals with checkbox-clicking to self-correct for this. Smile Thanks for the report!
Kerm, i'm afraid that due to circumstances i'm not going to test this on mah Nspire. If there is no new beta at the end of the school year, which is two weeks or so then I can test it at that time.

I think it is just until the 18th, hope you won't be mad at ma and thanks for your patience.

The reason is my darn classes get pretty boring at the end of the school year because we learn nothing and the movies they show suck.

So iv decided to temporarily use the gbc4nspire to fix that, but dont worry on the 17th I will be right back on things.
I've tested the new beta and here are some bugs I found:
-when exiting the HEXPIC program (if it was run on homescreen), the calc RAM clears
-after pressing STAT and then ALPHA, the right-click menu appears. If after that I move the mouse with the arrow keys, a 2nd mouse cursor appears!

And here are some requests:
-is there still any CalcNet code left in DCS? If it was all deleted, shouldn't that option be deleted too from the options menu?
-be able to quit DCS with CLEAR even when the right-click menu is open
I dont even know what calcnet if for anyways
Calcnet was a creation of Kerm's that would allow multiple linking of calculators at the same time or possible linking of calculators, via computer, to connect across the internet (this was once an idea, I don't know if he ever downsized the idea).

I will attempt to find some games to test this with later, laundry and such to do today.
when the power down thing comes along ill be right there
Silver Shadow wrote:
I've tested the new beta and here are some bugs I found:
-when exiting the HEXPIC program (if it was run on homescreen), the calc RAM clears
Replicated, I noticed the same behavior with Kevin's SMSD.

Silver Shadow wrote:
-after pressing STAT and then ALPHA, the right-click menu appears. If after that I move the mouse with the arrow keys, a 2<sup>nd</sup> mouse cursor appears!
Replicated. This fix should be straightforward.

And here are some requests:
Silver Shadow wrote:
-is there still any CalcNet code left in DCS? If it was all deleted, shouldn't that option be deleted too from the options menu?
Nope (well, it wasn't deleted, just #ifdef disabled for now), and yes, along with the Power open in that menu.
Silver Shadow wrote:
-be able to quit DCS with CLEAR even when the right-click menu is open
I added that to the DCS menu, I'll add that to the right-click menu as well. Smile
hmm... everything seems to be working perfectly! Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Kevin, what happens if you try to run SMSD from inside Doors CS? And did the other programs run properly, or no?
No crashes, but I still see the xLIB needs to be enabled message from my game then it quits back to DoorCS. I have no encountered any other problems so far, but I have not tried every xLIB game. I will test ROL4 menu engine now.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
No crashes, but I still see the xLIB needs to be enabled message from my game then it quits back to DoorCS. I have no encountered any other problems so far, but I have not tried every xLIB game. I will test ROL4 menu engine now.
I've been seeing some RAM clears on program quits from the Homerun feature, and I was indeed able to replicate your problems with SMSD and 2.53MP and DCS6.5 beta, as shown below. This doesn't happen on non-2.53MP OSes, for some reason.

By the way, Iambian said you're the one who knows how to make aligned sprites clip incorrectly - do you remember any details about this?
Sadly, no. I never really paid attention about how I created the bugs, sorry x.x

It was years ago since I last worked on a xLIB project and I never used Celtic III very much besides testing some of my old games.

As for ROL4 it works perfectly it seems.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Sadly, no. I never really paid attention about how I created the bugs, sorry x.x

It was years ago since I last worked on a xLIB project and I never used Celtic III very much besides testing some of my old games.

As for ROL4 it works perfectly it seems.
Awesome! No RAM clears on quit, and no thinking it doesn't have XLib installed? And this is still running under 2.53MP, correct?

No worries about the aligned sprite thing; I'll put it under non-replicable bugs for now.
No, I think I mis-worded what I said.

No RAM clears
It thinks xLIB is not installed, though.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
No, I think I mis-worded what I said.

No RAM clears
It thinks xLIB is not installed, though.
Oh, for ROL as well? I'm working on tracking down the (probably-related) issues wherein SMSD thinks that XLib is not installed and then RAM clears on exit.

Edit: So it turns out the RAM Clear occurs when a Stop token is encountered from SMSD. Sad And as calc84maniac astutely pointed out to me, the issue with it appearing that XLib is not installed with 2.53MP must be related to that issue that BrandonW patched, which he told me how to fix. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours