KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
hmm The parser hook really messes me up when programming because I dont know what number means what.
Don't worry, making those have text descriptions again is on my to-do list before DCS7. Feel free to keep nagging me about it.

ok i will Smile
ok... i found another weird folder bug...
if you delete the unarchived DCS appvar. the application will create duplicates of the folders you originally have and its contents...

its very odd... you can't do anything about it other then reset the calc and delete folder saving file along with the other appvars...
That's cuz every time the unarchived appvar is deleted, DCS thinks a RAM clear has occured and so restores the folders. However, since the folders still existed (because a real RAM clear never took place), both the original ones and the ones from the backup are present, thus resulting in duplicates.

Kerm, one way to solve this problem is to check that no folders still exist when trying to restore them. If there are folders, then either don't restore, or delete the old folders and replace them with the ones from the backup.
Funny

That has happened to me but only once.... I wonder why.

And I have must of deleted it a hundred times.

You know what, this could have been because I do not use folders to often.
qazz42 wrote:
Funny, that has happened to me but only once.... I wonder why, and I have must of deleted it a hundred times.

You know what, this could have been because I do not use folders to often.
You know, you're not *supposed* to delete it. Sad

So I solved lots of Celtic vs. XLib issues, and I still have to find two more before I release 6.5 beta. The first is to find this offset issues the Kevin has been talking about, and the second is to make the error handlers work together. Note to self: identity(7... crashed with too many arguments.
Hmm this Celtic and Xlib thing does not affect me because I dont use them. Smile

Yet
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm this Celtic and Xlib thing does not affect me because I dont use them. Smile

Yet

yeah... i dont use them either... but it seems like a pretty serious problem...

also... did you find out how to fix the ERR:undefined thing when you rename any file to anything that contains lowercase letters?

i did some further testing... its not just renaming... its duplication as well... as long as the new name includes lowercase letters it will crash the calc and loose the program...

EDIT:
the new DOCDE7 crashed on me when i created a new file, and saved it in to a folder, after clicking ok the text field turned blank, then i clicked close application which resulted in a system crash...

i am able to repeat this at will... just follow the exact steps and it will happen... Evil or Very Mad
Check that:

I dont know what it is.
Schoolhacker, excellent, I'll be adding those to the wiki. I'm hearing, in summary, two new issues you've found.

1) Rename or duplicate any file (does it have to be in a folder?) to a name with lowercase letters. DCS 6.4 beta will crash.
2) This was under DCS6.4b? I will try to replicate this when I get home from work.
KermMartian wrote:
Schoolhacker, excellent, I'll be adding those to the wiki. I'm hearing, in summary, two new issues you've found.

1) Rename or duplicate any file (does it have to be in a folder?) to a name with lowercase letters. DCS 6.4 beta will crash.
2) This was under DCS6.4b? I will try to replicate this when I get home from work.

1) no it doesn't have to be in a folder... Arrow
schoolhacker wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

OK, I believe I fixed up all issues with copying and renaming programs and folders. I would very much appreciate if you'd test it thoroughly in Doors CS 6.5 beta, when I release it tomorrow or Sunday, and see if it works well. Smile

Edit: Schoolhacker, I can't duplicate your DocDE problems. Would you be so kind as to give exact instructions, starting from a RAM clear? Or a screenshot? Or other information that would help me replicate it/
KermMartian wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

OK, I believe I fixed up all issues with copying and renaming programs and folders. I would very much appreciate if you'd test it thoroughly in Doors CS 6.5 beta, when I release it tomorrow or Sunday, and see if it works well. Smile

Edit: Schoolhacker, I can't duplicate your DocDE problems. Would you be so kind as to give exact instructions, starting from a RAM clear? Or a screenshot? Or other information that would help me replicate it/

ok i will do that as soon as possible Smile
Much obliged, Schoolhacker. To the rest of you, I'm planning on releasing Doors CS 6.5 beta today, and although I'm sad to say that I haven't found some of the XLib compatibility issues that were present in Celtic III yet (although luckily none in frequently-used functions), it seems quite stable. As always, you can peruse my To-Do list here and take a look at XLib/Celtic issues here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours