I was talking about TI's default one, not a third-party one.
What I meant is that the MP OSes by themselves are unstable and plus the fact that the one on the Nspire doesn't support some undocumented commands make it even more difficult.
Just to clarify some confusion:

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Btw Kerm will the custom Garbage College message work on every calc OS? I am a bit worried because I now remember the following post: http://ourl.ca/4228/78222

Yes, it works perfectly, because it doesn't actually call the Garbage Collect routine itself. Whenever there's a danger of the GC message triggering (for example, when archiving a program), Doors CS installs a GetCSCHook. If the GC menu triggers, then the GetCSCHook fires, which detects that the OS is in the GC context, and forces [2] (perform Garbage Collect) to be pressed. Before the GetCSCHook presses [2], though, it uninstalls itself and installs a LocalizationHook. The LocalizationHook intercepts the OS displaying "Garbage" "Collecting...", and aborts both. On the "Collecting", it draws the window and puts it up, and then uninstalls itself. Therefore, the OS still does all the Garbage Collecting itself, Doors CS just forces Garbage Collecting to occur and prettifies it.
KermMartian wrote:
Yes, it works perfectly, because it doesn't actually call the Garbage Collect routine itself. Whenever there's a danger of the GC message triggering (for example, when archiving a program), Doors CS installs a GetCSCHook. If the GC menu triggers, then the GetCSCHook fires, which detects that the OS is in the GC context, and forces [2] (perform Garbage Collect) to be pressed. Before the GetCSCHook presses [2], though, it uninstalls itself and installs a LocalizationHook. The LocalizationHook intercepts the OS displaying "Garbage" "Collecting...", and aborts both. On the "Collecting", it draws the window and puts it up, and then uninstalls itself. Therefore, the OS still does all the Garbage Collecting itself, Doors CS just forces Garbage Collecting to occur and prettifies it.

This is hawt.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

This is hawt.

Totally. ^^
Note to self for Celtic III bugs for me to fix:
http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8897
Does your xLIB compatibility runs PO:RN fine so far?

PO:RN download link

Because I remember PO:RN looked very glitchy in Celtic III.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

I'll take a look at it. Do you know how CDI's Metroid game works? Under XLib, the ingame stuff renders fine, but under Doors CS, I can see the intro, the credits, the main menu, but when I go to play, I can only see the "99" at the top that indicates HP, the rest of the screen is blank white. Keys work, so there's something happening with rendering. And thoughts?
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

I'll take a look at it. Do you know how CDI's Metroid game works? Under XLib, the ingame stuff renders fine, but under Doors CS, I can see the intro, the credits, the main menu, but when I go to play, I can only see the "99" at the top that indicates HP, the rest of the screen is blank white. Keys work, so there's something happening with rendering. And thoughts?
Sadly I think it uses an older xLIB version. I never tried it with newer xLIB versions and Celtic III
I think it was built on xLIB 0.6a, so not toooo terribly old, but outdated, yes. And because I was still new to xLIB everything is rendered with the real(2 command ( tilemapper ) so that is likely to be where the error lies.
CDI wrote:
I think it was built on xLIB 0.6a, so not toooo terribly old, but outdated, yes. And because I was still new to xLIB everything is rendered with the real(2 command ( tilemapper ) so that is likely to be where the error lies.
What does Metroid Infinity use (not real(2)?)? It works quite nicely under Doors CS (and kudos for the fun game).

XLib - Celtic notes (expanded, soon to be wiki-tized):
:: Graphics bugs: http://ourl.ca/4258/89768
:: Apparent real(2) issues visible in Metroid (original version)
:: Celtic errors noted at UTI: http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8897
um... it would seem there is a new bug with DCS6.4

it results in the calculator unable to be turned off...
its an odd one... since i am unable to replicate it knowingly...
i have accidentally replicated it 2 times now... and am still not sure what caused it...

but basically it prevents you from turning off the calculator by pressing [2ND] then [ON] in the home screen after you quit DCS6.4, as in when you press [2ND] then [ON] nothing happens...

the only way to turn off the calc now is to go to the mem menu and reset the ram... after the soft reset the calc returns to normal...
Neutral

Question Graphing Calculator Question
If you read somewhere up in this thread, that was reported to me multiple times, and subsequently solved, although I haven't released a version with a fix yet. I'll try to push out a Doors CS 6.5 beta with that, XLib/Celtic III, and a few Celtic III bug fixes either tomorrow or Thursday, since a lot of people seem to want it.
KermMartian wrote:
If you read somewhere up in this thread, that was reported to me multiple times, and subsequently solved, although I haven't released a version with a fix yet. I'll try to push out a Doors CS 6.5 beta with that, XLib/Celtic III, and a few Celtic III bug fixes either tomorrow or Thursday, since a lot of people seem to want it.

i see... thanks...
also renaming now results in an ERR:UNDEFINED
leaving the calculator crashed and can only be fixed by taking out the batteries... while the program you are renaming is lost... Neutral
schoolhacker wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

i see... thanks...
leaving the calculator crashed and can only be fixed by taking out the batteries... while the program you are renaming is lost... Neutral
I was unable to replicate that with either archived or unarchived programs. Can you elaborate on the circumstances?
KermMartian wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

i see... thanks...
I was unable to replicate that with either archived or unarchived programs. Can you elaborate on the circumstances?

i renamed a file that was with in a folder that had all caps as its
name, and renamed it using lowercase and uppercase letters

i was able to repeat this 2 times an i row now with 2 different programs...
(ATTACK) - Tetris attack - downloaded from TIcalc.org
(CMASTER) - fhess master - downloaded from TIcalc.org

i attempted to rename them both as such:
Attack
Cmaster

and both resulted in the error
You also missed the real(14 problem (free RAM routine). Last time I checked in CelticIII, it didn't work.
Silver Shadow wrote:
You also missed the real(14 problem (free RAM routine). Last time I checked in CelticIII, it didn't work.
Replicated, and it looks like it has more serious problems than simply not returning a valid value. It throws a Syntax error when I try to store it to a real or Pause with it.
hmm The parser hook really messes me up when programming because I dont know what number means what.
qazz42 wrote:
hmm The parser hook really messes me up when programming because I dont know what number means what.
Don't worry, making those have text descriptions again is on my to-do list before DCS7. Feel free to keep nagging me about it.
It uses the same syntax as Omnicalc, CelticIII and xLIB used, to keep backwards compatibility with them.

Back in 2002-03, Omnicalc used custom tokens such as Sprite( instead of Real(20, but it caused the APP to not be compatible with TI-83+ OS 1.15 or above and files couldn't be sent between calcs due to the illegal tokens. When Omnicalc was uninstalled, the source code for BASIC games using such tokens sometimes even caused RAM clears when viewed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours