CEMETECH
Leading The Way To The Future
Login [Register]
Username:
Password:
Autologin:

Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Latest Headlines
Online Users
There are 124 users online: 4 members, 83 guests and 37 bots.
Members: CVSoft, Tomservo2.
Bots: VoilaBot (9), Spinn3r (1), MSN/Bing (2), Magpie Crawler (4), VoilaBot (10), Googlebot (11).
RSS & Social Media
SAX
You must log in to view the SAX chat widget
CVSoft

Posted: 05 Apr 2014 10:35:29 pm    Post subject: UT2004 LAN/Internet Party

Since we haven't really organized any UTing, I've had the idea for organizing a LAN/Internet party on the Cemetech UT server. I've planned for it being on 19 April 2014. A known starting time will be worked out as that date approaches. Hopefully we get some of our less-frequent users to join. I hope to see you all there!
VCTF w00t!

Surrounded by new admins!

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 02:37:01 am    Post subject:

What about something weekly such as what happened with HCWP? I end up just streaming UT on HCWP anyway :/

For that weekend, hopefully I will not be overloaded with work.

<BrandonW> "You don't even want to know what TI Connect does when it's just detecting your calculator...It ACTUALLY ERASES THE SWAP SECTOR on every communication attempt...EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT...Yes, TI Connect will kill your calculator..What do I have to do to get your attention?!....Such a bloated protocol."
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 11:14:03 am    Post subject:

We prefer to avoid excessive gaming on HCWP, at least in the official Wednesday a lot. That is intended as if not a place for people to ask programming questions, then at least a place to motivate people to program together. As far making this a regular thing, I think that our usual ~ut covers that, and making this a special event will hopefully induce a lot of people to join in!

geekboy1011

Expert

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 03:32:10 pm    Post subject:

I will be working but count me in if the times match up Very Happy
CVSoft

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 09:20:44 pm    Post subject:

KermMartian wrote:
As far making this a regular thing, I think that our usual ~ut covers that

At least some regularity would be nice, since it's hard to get more than two or three people on the server at a time (especially for multiple rounds). In addition, there's a few of us that don't use IRC much. Weekly may be a bit often, though.

Vampire Killer

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 10:07:13 pm    Post subject:

Hey, if anyone pings me on the IRC on the 19th, I'm totally down for some major UT at that time.

KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 06 Apr 2014 10:38:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm long overdue for the thrice-yearly (ish) Cemetech newsletter (aka opportunity to spam myself with "Please unsubscribe me" emails). Perhaps it's time to send one, talk about T^3 and our latest educational program endeavors and interviews, and mention our MC server and our UT LAN day.

CVSoft

Posted: 07 Apr 2014 08:00:52 pm    Post subject:

So apparently 19 April is the day before Easter, and that complicates things for both me and some other user/users. Should I move the date?

Edit: I've decided against doing so.

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 12:09:04 am    Post subject:

*bump*
Since the date is approaching, we should settle on a good starting time. Given the business of everyone and the complexity added by time zones, I may be asking a little bit too early for any detailed planning.

I'll be on the server from about 3:30 PM EDT onwards, either spectating or practicing if nobody else is online.

Surrounded by new admins!

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 12:43:16 am    Post subject:

Could Wormbot be added to the mutators and have IRC chat linked to #cemetech-ut? This was brought up before, throwing the link somewhere before I forget again. Would also be a nice way to see who's in-game and what's going on.

<BrandonW> "You don't even want to know what TI Connect does when it's just detecting your calculator...It ACTUALLY ERASES THE SWAP SECTOR on every communication attempt...EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT...Yes, TI Connect will kill your calculator..What do I have to do to get your attention?!....Such a bloated protocol."
CVSoft

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 12:56:16 am    Post subject:

I've discussed Wormbot with Kerm, we found that spectators (includes Wormbot supposedly) keep the server running. With no connections, the server timer does not tick.

We could test this easily by tossing Wormbot on and seeing if it connects/reports kills when nobody is connected.
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

Go to Registration page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: