If CADIE was real I'd imagine quite a few nerdy kids would end up with crushes on the cute Google AI Wink
wouldn't you need a larger sample (20 people) to rule out coincidence?

EDIT: how can I talk to simms? I would like to.
Will_W: You can talk to SimmsAI on AIM, it's username is SimmsAI

Kerm, how complex is it's simulated neural network, or does it use one?
I'm sorry guys, it was an April Fools. Simms AI is nowhere near capable enough to pass a Turing Test, although it's progressing smoothly. I'm working on a technical report about Simms AI v1 that I will be publishing here shortly. Also, my apologies to Dr. Raphan; I looked up people who have worked with neural networking on Google Scholar in case you guys fact-checked me.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm sorry guys, it was an April Fools. Simms AI is nowhere near capable enough to pass a Turing Test, although it's progressing smoothly. I'm working on a technical report about Simms AI v1 that I will be publishing here shortly. Also, my apologies to Dr. Raphan; I looked up people who have worked with neural networking on Google Scholar in case you guys fact-checked me.

Good one Kerm, and still is it possible to take a look at the code, I am interested in seeing it (and trying it out).
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Good one Kerm, and still is it possible to take a look at the code, I am interested in seeing it (and trying it out).
Definitely, I'll publish it when I publish the tech report.
wow, you had me completely fooled...
Eeems wrote:
wow, you had me completely fooled...
Hehe, glad to hear it. Credit goes to Alex10819 for helping me write the article with the help of my tech report on the real Simms v1; we tried to come up with something far-fetched but believable in a stretch.

Edit: Oh, and my downtime problems with Simms4 are real, as you can see from the frontpage. Sad
yeah I've noticed...Sad I kind of want to talk to him...but koodos on the article...almost the best prank I've seen in my life
I was skeptical, but wasn't sure, given that we'd just talked about how you were writing a technical report on Simms.
that caught me too
KermMartian wrote:

Wow, no way, omg I had no idea! Rolling Eyes Razz

For future reference, it would have been better had you done the following:

1) Made it *almost* pass the turing test (such as 3 out of 9 people or some crap like that). Actually passing the turing test would be rather big news and would show up at other places

2) Picked a guy who actually specialized in neural networks, and not image processing ( http://www.cns.nyu.edu/~raphan/ )

3) Get the wording correct. Double blind Turing test? The hell is that? And, of course, the "Turing-complete" Wink
Double-blind Turing Test is a correct term, if my research was correct - the interviewers do not know which of the respondents is human and which is a robot. Yeah, I was going to correct the Turing-complete thing, but I was too lazy.
But how is it double blind? You would also have to not know, which would mean you would need at least one accomplice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-blind#Double-blind_trials
KermMartian wrote:
Double-blind Turing Test is a correct term, if my research was correct - the interviewers do not know which of the respondents is human and which is a robot. Yeah, I was going to correct the Turing-complete thing, but I was too lazy.

No, it isn't. There isn't an interviewer present during a turing test, so making it "double-blind" is 100% pointless. Maybe you should read up on what the turing test actually is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test#Versions_of_the_Turing_test
I know what it means. My point was that he said it was double blind because the interviewers (who are actually the subjects) don't know, but for it to actually be double blind, Kerm HIMSELF would have to be unaware of which computers connected to SIMMS and which connected to a person.
So you have time to post an April Fool's joke and respond to comments, but not post the results to a programming contest that ended well over a month ago?
brandonw wrote:
So you have time to post an April Fool's joke and respond to comments, but not post the results to a programming contest that ended well over a month ago?

oh snap!

(although to be fair, I do believe it was alex that actually wrote it, not Kerm)
Kllrnohj wrote:
brandonw wrote:

oh snap!

(although to be fair, I do believe it was alex that actually wrote it, not Kerm)
True story. I'm on the contest, even though it doesn't seem like it. I spent quite some time today trying to load the last entry into/onto anything to run it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours