This idea has been rattling around in my head for a while, thoughts?

Top row: Dumb drone, missile launcher, bouncy block, thwump, mine, gold, gold disappear animation
Second row: Smart drone, inclines and ramps, closed exit, one-way pieces, top jumper
Third row: wall pieces, open exit, one-way pieces, door switch
Fourth row: Walls, door, smart barrier, door, smart barrier, jumper
Fifth row: curved walls, inactive exit switch, active exit switch, wall jumper
Sixth row: Curved walls, jumper
Seventh row (pairs): standing, running
Eighth row (pairs): Skidding to a stop, landing, wall-grinding, jumping up

Seems cool, but then again, there have numerous attempts to recreate NGame for calcs, both in z80 and in 68k versions. I am still curious about gameplay though (animated screenies ftw).

Also, out of curiosity, will this be using any DCS-only libraries?

EDIT: And why don't you have any laser turrets and laser drones?
I assume this is a clone of the N-Game? It looks, cool, it should be interesting to see how you do the physics, seeing as the character can do some really funky stuff. Good luck with this, its a fun game and I hope it works well!
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there. I said "envisioning" m-game. I didn't say I was actually making an n-game clone, I was just thinking about what such a game might look like oncalc.
Looks pretty cool, maybe you should change envisioning to designing, or maybe creating. Smile
Yeah, Kerm, jeez, get on it! You're acting like you're a busy guy with other projects going on or something. Rolling Eyes
foamy3 wrote:
Yeah, Kerm, jeez, get on it! You're acting like you're a busy guy with other projects going on or something. Rolling Eyes
I'm so sorry, that's terribly selfish of me. I'll get right on it.
Seriously, though, that's probably the best running sprite I've ever seen for a calculator (considering both quality and size). If you ever do get around to putting that sprite sheet to good use, you'll definitely have a quality product.
foamy3 wrote:
Seriously, though, that's probably the best running sprite I've ever seen for a calculator (considering both quality and size). If you ever do get around to putting that sprite sheet to good use, you'll definitely have a quality product.
Haha, thanks. I actually wouldn't mind trying this, the only thing that's daunting me is thinking about the physics, specifically, collisions with slopes and such. Everything else feels doable to me.
uh... you could have just asked for my gfx, but I like some of those better lol
Liazon wrote:
uh... you could have just asked for my gfx, but I like some of those better 0x5
But the point was to make a spritesheet, not a game, so that would have been silly of me. Very Happy Plus, I wasn't aware that you had made a spritesheet for an N-style game.
lol ya, don't worry. i haven't worked on it in awhile and i probably won't.
Liazon wrote:
0x5 ya, don't worry. i haven't worked on it in awhile and i probably won't.
While we're on the subject, though, do you have a link to the spritesheet? I'd like purely for the sake of academic interest to see what you came up with.
sorry i keep forgetting to post a linky. i don't remember what the address was cuz i had it in my UTI space w/ no direct link. and the original sprite sheet isn't on this computer Sad

like i said before, basically the same except i went for a smaller head.
Ah, fair enough. What about the enemies that I'm missing, like the ground sliding ones? I think I would leave out some of the enemies for CPU purposes if I actually make the game, but I would like to put as many in as possible.
*bumpity bump*

Random title screen idea, because I was bored:
You are going to have a complete game before you know it =P
Harq wrote:
You are going to have a complete game before you know it =P
Dunno, I hope not. Updated the above image to have a better font for the menu items, closer to menu item font in the original.
sorry it took so long. finally found them

Some preliminary work on sprites, wall-grinding, friction, and air-resistance. Nothing spectacular, but it's a start.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours