I'm happy to announce that since the initial rollout of Cemetech6 ten days ago, it has undergone significant modification to make it more functional and useful. Among the additions are a completely new Photos section, a new News archives and news system upgrades, better functionality for low-resolution users, SAX updates, and complete SourceCoder 2 reskinning and assorted fixes. Here's a semi-exhaustive list of the new features and fixes:

Photos Section (http://www.cemetech.net/projects/photos.php)
:: Photos can be individually added, or it can read Apache folder listings
:: Allows album creation with titles, description, and arbitrary levels of recursion
:: Generates static thumbnails for any images added from Cemetech
:: Permission control to allow just yourself, all users, or selected users to view items with album or photo granularity
:: Photos are easy to browse using keyboard arrows keys, or clicking on a photo advances to the next in the album

News Section (http://www.cemetech.net/news.php)
:: Completely rewrote old news archives from scratch
:: Allows calendar view, monthly view, and full-year view
:: Upgraded news backend to use better timestamp system
:: Added permalink to all news articles

Projects Section (http://www.cemetech.net/projects)
:: Added ACP features to add and edit categories
:: Added ACP features to add and edit projects
:: Added Web Apps category and several projects
:: Repaired categories table structure in database

SourceCoder 2 (http://sc.cemetech.net)
:: Skinned all four sections: Index, View, Edit, Permission
:: Fixed export bug, due to ASCII inconsistency
:: Repaired <TT> styling using upgraded CSS
:: Fixed a few bugs in the physical calculator input panel

Miscellaneous Fixes
:: SAX reports post edits once again
:: Google searches in SAX fixed
:: Horizontal scrollbar fixed for all high resolutions
:: Site made more friendly to low resolutions down to 1024x768. 800x600 and lower unsupported.
:: Repaired hourly cron to update site stats and archives stats
not quite there on the 1024 screen, when my browser is 1033px wide, I loose the bar. I think your banner is the culprit for this last bit.
rivereye wrote:
not quite there on the 1024 screen, when my browser is 1033px wide, I loose the bar. I think your banner is the culprit for this last bit.
Fx? I've tried a ton of things and I can't make it horizontal scroll. Try F5ing.
left and right arrows do it opera. also, the bottom half of the page seems to be gone (i can't scroll down to it, but i could tab over and hit the preview button down out of site, and it i can see the scroll bars like that
elfprince13 wrote:
left and right arrows do it opera. also, the bottom half of the page seems to be gone (i can't scroll down to it, but i could tab over and hit the preview button down out of site, and it i can see the scroll bars like that
And you said this only happens on the posting page?
yeah, and only after the page finishes loading. and only without the post preview
elfprince13 wrote:
yeah, and only after the page finishes loading. and only without the post preview
Very strange. I'll definitely put that on my list of things to take a look at tomorrow, in addition to your 1px thing. Razz I'll take another 4px off the banner to be safe.
We need buttons! MOAR BUTTONS! OF DOOM AND SUCH!

Actually, a way for us to add a button with the www, msn, yim, pm, etc that links to our ticalc.org profile page would be awesomeness.
tifreak8x wrote:
We need buttons! MOAR BUTTONS! OF DOOM AND SUCH!

Actually, a way for us to add a button with the www, msn, yim, pm, etc that links to our ticalc.org profile page would be awesomeness.
Yup, I'll get on it. That gives me three things to do tomorrow:

1) Shave 4px off the header
2) Add the ticalc.org button with all associated template and php coding including profile editing
3) Check post page markup for missing tag pairs
4) Fix the ID cards, and make them do the right auth level for nonposting users.
Very nice job on the new News page, I really have to finish working on my blog. I'm hoping to release it and make it installable. As of right now it is only about 25% complete and it has no name...so I have to get working. Very Happy Again, great job!
Mexi1010 wrote:
Very nice job on the new News page, I really have to finish working on my blog. I'm hoping to release it and make it installable. As of right now it is only about 25% complete and it has no name...so I have to get working. Very Happy Again, great job!
Thanks, very glad to hear you like it. I also was quite happy with how the news page turned out.
A Scype button might be a nice additon also. considering you have just about every other way of contacting people there.
TheStorm wrote:
A Scype button might be a nice additon also. considering you have just about every other way of contacting people there.
It's funny you should mention that, I was thinking about adding a Skype field. Does anyone else have a yay or nay on that count?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours