This is not really a big deal of a release, as I changed maybe ten lines of code total, but here's the official description anyway. Doors CS 6.2 brings ease-of-use, a mouse-based GUI, folders, networking, and more to your calculator. Run almost every filetype, including MirageOS, Ion, BASIC, ASM, and Doors CS programs. Extreme expandability and functionality for users and developers, plus a large and devoted support community. Now with an editor and more for BASIC programming, lots of tweaks and improvements, and full compatibility with the TI-Nspire. Check out the what's new in Doors CS 6.2:

» A new in-shell editor makes programming BASIC easy and fast. Based on the TI-OS editor but enhanced with hooks and tweaks, you can use the entire 8 rows to type.
» BASIC developers will also enjoy Instantaneous Goto and four new header formats with descriptions for flexibility and ease-of-use.
» Those who asked for a popup containing size and description info can rejoice in the InfoPop: simply hover over a program to see its size in bytes and embedded description.
» A multitude of bugfixes solve every issue reported from 6.0, including a new, perfected AP GUI system.
» The program management functions including copying and renaming are now more robust, handling all file types including archived and/or locked programs properly.

This release is the most mature release thus far of the Doors CS 6 line, and also includes an updated manual and the latest TI-83 release, Doors CS 5.1. Download, enjoy, and share!

Download: Doors CS 6.2
More Info: Doors CS Wiki
View: More Screenshots

KermMartian wrote:
This is not really a big deal of a release, as I changed maybe ten lines of code total, but here's the official description anyway. Doors CS 6.2 brings ease-of-use, a mouse-based GUI, folders, networking, and more to your calculator. Run almost every filetype, including MirageOS, Ion, BASIC, ASM, and Doors CS programs. Extreme expandability and functionality for users and developers, plus a large and devoted support community. Now with an editor and more for BASIC programming, lots of tweaks and improvements, and full compatibility with the TI-Nspire. Check out the what's new in Doors CS 6.2:

» A new in-shell editor makes programming BASIC easy and fast. Based on the TI-OS editor but enhanced with hooks and tweaks, you can use the entire 8 rows to type.
» BASIC developers will also enjoy Instantaneous Goto and four new header formats with descriptions for flexibility and ease-of-use.
» Those who asked for a popup containing size and description info can rejoice in the InfoPop: simply hover over a program to see its size in bytes and embedded description.
» A multitude of bugfixes solve every issue reported from 6.0, including a new, perfected AP GUI system.
» The program management functions including copying and renaming are now more robust, handling all file types including archived and/or locked programs properly.

This release is the most mature release thus far of the Doors CS 6 line, and also includes an updated manual and the latest TI-83 release, Doors CS 5.1. Download, enjoy, and share!

Download: Doors CS 6.2
More Info: Doors CS Wiki
View: More Screenshots

great work! how much is different from 6.1? and what's been fixed with the Gui API?
The only thing different from 6.1 is the fixed Nspire support. Anything else that the description says is fixed is stuff that was fixed between 6.1 and 6.2.
Does the instantaneous goto me that it will go straight to the "goto" statements instead of how BASIC normally does those? (As in iterate through all the code from top to bottom to find it)
No, it means that when a program is run via DCS, and you press [ON], it instantly goes to that spot, instead of scrolling the code.
tifreak8x wrote:
No, it means that when a program is run via DCS, and you press [ON], it instantly goes to that spot, instead of scrolling the code.
Exactly. It doesn't spend ten minutes scrolling your program's code past you, unlike the TI-OS.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Exactly. It doesn't spend ten minutes scrolling your program's code past you, unlike the TI-OS.

Oh, I get it. That makes a lot more sense now thanks. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
This is not really a big deal of a release, as I changed maybe ten lines of code total (...)

Is it possible to know what are these ten lines of code that were changed?
ZagorNBK wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
This is not really a big deal of a release, as I changed maybe ten lines of code total (...)

Is it possible to know what are these ten lines of code that were changed?
Wow, someone who knows how to quote properly! Congrats!

Yes, the following lines were changed:

:: All instances of sll r, to scf \ rl r
:: All ixh/ixl opcodes
:: All instances of out (c),0 and in (c) [which was zero][/list]
KermMartian wrote:

Are you trying to say I can't quote! Very Happy I think you better watch the flaming buddy.
Mexi1010 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Are you trying to say I can't quote! Very Happy I think you better watch the flaming buddy.
Erm, no, but most people forget that you need [...] or (...) when you quote only part of a post.
KermMartian wrote:
Mexi1010 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Erm, no, but most people forget that you need [...] or (...) when you quote only part of a post.

Well, technically if they include the full sentence they don't need the (...) at the end it is only needed it they do not complete the sentence/thought of the person they are quoting.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Mexi1010 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, technically if they include the full sentence they don't need the (...) at the end it is only needed it they do not complete the sentence/thought of the person they are quoting.
It's still good style to include it if you're only quoting part of a relatively short work such as a post.

But enough of that, let's get back on-topic. Any specific bug reports yet for DCS 6.3/6.4?
Wow....This is so awesome!!
I've been waiting for some kind of update in a while! Good work, Kerm!
QuinnZhao wrote:
Wow....This is so awesome!!
I've been waiting for some kind of update in a while! Good work, Kerm!
Thanks, but this isn't too major. What will be fun is having RunProg working so you can use DCS for MSD8x. Smile
... or calcutil and any other program that wants to use it. If you could get it so that if its MSD8x that calls the runprog it will retrive any programs in the DCS header off of the flash drive also, but you would have to check to see if the program in the open directory. I think the best order of things would be, first check to see if they are on the calc and then check the storage device and if its in neither location then throw the error. This may take more code but would be worth it to make it as pwnsome as possible. You could either make a special MSDrunprog or just have one uber runprog that checks for a USB MSD device and checks for programs on it.

Edit: Grammer, sorry Kerm Smile
Once I sorted through your rather abominable grammar, I see your point. That could indeed be a problem; I'll have to consult with MSD8x's team to see how this could be dealt with.
KermMartian wrote:
Any specific bug reports yet for DCS 6.3/6.4?

The in-shell editor doesn't seem to be working. I went to edit an archived, unlocked program, and the screen shows ":" and a cursor, but nothing else. I don't see the original code.
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Any specific bug reports yet for DCS 6.3/6.4?

The in-shell editor doesn't seem to be working. I went to edit an archived, unlocked program, and the screen shows ":" and a cursor, but nothing else. I don't see the original code.

Can anyone else verify this report?
I'll dl 6.2 and see if I can replicate the bug.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours