From around 1am EST on the morning of Saturday, March 15, 2008 through about 5pm EST on Sunday, March 16, 2008, most of Cemetech was unavailable. At first, pages wouldn't load at all and would instead return error 500 pages indicating a server misconfiguration. Then, pages started not loading at all in the www.cemetech.net and beta.cemetech.net domains, although other sections including dcs.cemetech.net continued to work properly. I was unavailable until this afternoon, and some brief sluthing revealed that the problems seemed to be entirely limited to a subset of the PHP scripts operating the site. Unable to further narrow down the problem, I contacted Cemetech's host, SurpassHosting. They responded quickly and professionally, discovering that the problem was the company's move from PHP4 to PHP5 early Saturday morning. Setting an option in the site's .htaccess to force PHP4 instead of PHP5 solved all problems. Enjoy!
glad that was solved. I was surprised when I just got a blank page.
Liazon wrote:
glad that was solved. I was surprised when I just got a blank page.
I would have been more surprised had Kllrnohj not mentioned the 500 errors early Saturday morning.
it would have been a good time to roll out the beta Razz
elfprince13 wrote:
it would have been a good time to roll out the beta Razz
Yeah, except the beta isn't ready yet. Sad One of these years I'm going to get enough time to finish that thing off.
Kerm, isn't surpass's customer service great? Nice and fast Very Happy

You can also force a php version by using the .php4 or .php5 extensions Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm, isn't surpass's customer service great? Nice and fast Very Happy

You can also force a php version by using the .php4 or .php5 extensions Smile
Yup, I've had three issues with them, and all have been resolved in an hour or so. I have been very impressed with their customer service.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours