Yeah, it's this again, but the project has taken a very interesting turn.

Rather than doing an in-place exploit-style load of an OS, I (with lots of help from BrandonW) am designing an open-source certificate of sorts. The idea is that we can unlock the Flash and rewrite the OS public key in the certificate with something of our own. With that, we'll be able to sign OSes (!!!) with a key of our own.
What does this mean to the average user? You'll be able to modify TI-OS and load it just fine, as well as load other OSes without resorting to the battery pull trick or the like.

Basically all that remains is coming up with a private/public key pair (not too hard, but I'll need to write a program to do it, since Rabin is an uncommon enough encryption scheme that I haven't found any libraries). After that, I'll get to experiment with the .8xq (TiConnect.Certificate, according to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.8xq) and link packet 25h, but the real work is already done.
Very cool! If you could get this bug-free and stable, it would be an awesome thing to be able to load onto people's calcs.
Nice you talking about this but It is cool to see you get it implemented. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours