The culmination of over fourteen months of hard work, Doors CS 6, a new shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators, is now available. Doors CS 6 brings ease-of-use, a mouse-based GUI, folders, networking, and more to your calculator. Run almost every filetype, including MirageOS, Ion, BASIC, ASM, and Doors CS programs. Extreme expandability and functionality for users and developers, plus a large and devoted support community. Check out the full feature list:

» With an integrated GUI API and Associated Program system, Doors CS programs can be smaller, faster, and better-looking than those for any other shell.
» Navigating Doors CS is easy if you’ve ever used a computer. Forget complicated menus and obscure keyboard shortcuts; instead use an intuitive mouse cursor to move and click on onscreen items.
» No need to juggle multiple shells such as MirageOS, Ion, and even the TI-OS itself: Doors CS can run all their files and many more.
» Tired of slowly searching through your program list? Organize your programs and files into nestable folders, then scroll quickly to the program you want.
» With CALCnet2, a built-in feature of Doors CS, you can connect two or more calculators together for chatting, multiplayer gaming, and more.
» If you’ve ever lost valuable projects to RAM Clears from bugs in other programs, you’ll be happy to discover Doors CS’s rock-solid stability. With Intelligent Writeback, your archived programs are only updated in Archive when changes have been made to the program itself, thus saving wear and tear on your Archive and drastically reducing Garbage Collection messages.
» Doors CS 6, your way: customize everything from your mouse speed and cursor to your desktop background. You can also install small modules called SEs to further extend the features and capabilities of Doors CS.
» Never get frustrated again with a question or problem; just visit the helpful Cemetech support forum and any of over five hundred members will be happy to assist.

Download: Doors CS 6.0
Digg It! Digg Article
More Info: Doors CS Wiki
View: More Screenshots

Hmmm, can't seem to download it from anywhere... Confused
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Hmmm, can't seem to download it from anywhere... Confused
Resolved that issue.
I'll just copy and paste my post from ticalcs.net....:

Quote:

It looks great. I'm sending it to my calculator right now.

EDIT: Again, no offense, but what is with the Restart option? Although I know you're trying to stick with the computer-feel, it's pretty pointless on a TI-83+/TI-84+, and it doesn't even do anything. And the run indicator is displayed when I scroll. Is this supposed to hapen?

Also, it would be nice if there were a "Discuss this article" link.
bfr wrote:
I'll just copy and paste my post from ticalcs.net....:

Quote:

It looks great. I'm sending it to my calculator right now.

EDIT: Again, no offense, but what is with the Restart option? Although I know you're trying to stick with the computer-feel, it's pretty pointless on a TI-83+/TI-84+, and it doesn't even do anything. And the run indicator is displayed when I scroll. Is this supposed to hapen?

Also, it would be nice if there were a "Discuss this article" link.
Quote:
Posted on April 20, 2007 8:22:08 AM CST by KermMartian | Discuss this article (4)

The restart function actually *does* do something, but so far nothing really needs it.
You added the link! Good Idea

What *does* the restart function do, then? (Not to sound rude, but it doesn't seem to do anything...)
bfr wrote:
You added the link! Good Idea

What *does* the restart function do, then? (Not to sound rude, but it doesn't seem to do anything...)
It clears all variables and scratch space, re-runs startup Shell Expansions, and returns to the desktop. This could be useful, for example, if you just added an SE driver for a piece of hardware and it needed to initialize said hardware.
Quote:
...GUI API and Associated Program system, Doors CS programs can be smaller, faster, and better-looking than those for any other shell.

Now, if BASIC programs written for DCS could use these features, then BASIC programmers wouldn't feel left out and could also make awesomeness programs with less code.

Shoot, I'd even make a DCS version of PyroEdit/PyroMap if I could use the API in the program. Maybe it would be better than xLIB...
I already suggested a built in DCSlib, you would have to have DCS to run the program anyway so I say why not? lol
And you could add in xLIB's features, and Omnicalc's Play() command and some linking routines (maybe it could use CalcNET) to make live multiplayer games more possible. That'd be even better. Then TripleA would have some big competition (and I wouldn't having to be wasting another sixteen kilobytes for two separate Apps and could use that extra space to avoid Garbage Collects Razz ). Also, you could add an ON-breaking feature BASIC programs could use so the ON-key won't break the program if the program doesn't want it to.
All of these are getting added to my list of Doors CS 7 suggestions. Smile
How long do you intend to keep working on Doors CS? I really don't mean to discourage you or anything, but it seems like an endless project and I really think that you have more effective things to contribute to the TI community with the skills you have.
I plan to take a break now that Doors CS 6 is complete and work on developing apps for it that will help expand its reputation for pwnsomness.
I just thought of another reason to save writebacks from programs into AppVars like CrunchyOS does oher than to further eliminate Garbage Collects for people who still want to keep as much in their Archive as possible: you could make DCS multiuser where one can set up accounts and log in. Hell, there could even be permissons set up like in Linux, so there'd be a root user and then other users, and the root user could control what other users are allowed to do on the calc. This would be useful for those people who share their calcs with several other people (like I do, 'cause my calc is pretty much a portable server for everyone else's backups of projects, settings, and games at school) and with DCS saving writebacks into AppVars, every user could have games and programs set up the way they want without disturbing another user's settings.
Er, my suggestions are:

1. DCSlib
2. Toggle mouse on/off
3. Toggle Icons on/off
4. Password Protection
5. Some useful hooks
6. Some omnicalc-like functions
Igrek at DS wrote:

Bug report:
When you create a folder:
1.You place the cursor in the empty line.
2.You press [alpha], then you press the [X,T,0,n] button.
3.You repeat step 2 a couple of times.
4.Your input line is screwed.
Interesting. I thought I had resolved the XT0n issue - I'll double-check it for the ticalc.org release.
*bump*

In case anyone is curious why exactly I think you should use Doors CS over other shells, take a look at Document DE. Weighing in at under 900 bytes and demonstrating the power of Doors CS, this full-featured text editor allows you to create, view, save, and open text files within an attractive and intuitive GUI interface. With Doors CS 6's associated program feature, you can open files from Doors CS without having Document DE 6 open. Also, keep in mind this took me a mere three days, maybe five hours of work total, to create, with the libraries Doors CS 6 offers.

Download
Document DE 6

'Tis a good pro-dcs description. I've noticed you like the word 'intuitive' when speaking of DCS and related content Wink lol
I Know someone was working on a USB mouse SE, is that done or even still being worked on?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours