Doors CS RC3 brings a new set of bugfixes and tweaks to the ever-improving Doors CS shell, one step closer to completion. Debouncing has been added to file renaming and folder creation, a scrollbar misalignment was fixed in FileOpen and FileSaveAs, and the alpha indicator was fixed from a previous change. In addition, interrupt issues with Ion-derivative routines were repaired, FileSaveAs no longer accepts blank filenames, and most importantly, a subtle misalignment bug was fixed that prevents variable-size AP files from crashing Doors CS.

As always, please post any bugs that you find. This release should have a minimum of bugs; I need to get at least one week with no real bugs reported before I begin the 6.0 rollout sequence.

Download
Doors CS 6.0 Release Candidate 3
Id report the MouseCursor thing but you seem to have fixed that while we were talking.

any progress on that oddness with Stratcon?
elfprince13 wrote:
Id report the MouseCursor thing but you seem to have fixed that while we were talking.

any progress on that oddness with Stratcon?
Yes, I did fix that, and I think I also solved your Stratcon issue.
I didn't even find any major bugs in 2.1...

Btw Kerm, that galaxian thing left when I deleted both Appvars.
Fair enough, must have been some kind of random corruption.
Anyway, I found two small bugs on my own; I'm working on resolving them.
I installed DCS RC3 on my calc again and decided to have ten of the (now) eighteen guys whose calcs I've installed games and etc. on try it out, give their opinion on it, and report bugs. Leo's opinion pretty much covered what those whose calcs I installed DCS on kept telling me thoughout the day: DCS is "cool" and "awesome," but "it sucks because it keeps unarchiving...[the] programs [they run]...[and] when...[the] calc decides to crash, the program goes with it." Same problem I was having on both the calcs I had a few days ago. Because of that problem, I got six other calcs in my backpack from those who are wanting CruncyOS back (o.o).

Another bug I found earlier was with the cursor editor. The cursor moves way too fast, and you have to really play around with it to get it to stop at the pixel you want to toggle. And then you have to play around with toggling the pixel so that it doesn't skip over the pixel [color] you're trying to get.

The last bug has to do with games that worked fine in MirageOS and CruncyOS, but aren't working so well in DCS. Phoenix (the second version, and the original copy) will run, then when you die and it's ready to quit, will show the high scores, but then crashes before it ever gets back to DCS. Then after that, it keeps crashing when right when it would usually display the high scores (I guess it got corrupted).

Wolfenstein worked, but there was a big chunk of RAM missing when I went to clean up.
Are you people on crack? Look at the code: it *doesn't* unarchive the main program - it COPIES to RAM.

Anyway, what are the programs that "crashed and deleted themselves"?
KermMartian wrote:
Are you people on crack? Look at the code: it *doesn't* unarchive the main program - it COPIES to RAM.

Shock Strange, I was finally able to replicate that error! I'll be able to look into it properly now.
KermMartian wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Shock Strange, I was finally able to replicate that error! I'll be able to look into it properly now.

So I guess that means you are on crack for ignoring a bug report, double posting, and quoting yourself Laughing
Sorry if I'm reiterating, but whenever I make a folder, the back button glitches. Either it doesn't work, or it takes me to another folder.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

So I guess that means you are on crack for ignoring a bug report, double posting, and quoting yourself 0x5
Nope, because they reported the bug incorrectly. It crashes AFTER it writes back improper changes to archive copy - it's a case of copy, compare, delete, rename, archive, but of a corrupted copy. The trick is figuring out where the corruption is occuring.
Which bug was it - the Archive bug that everyone was complaining about or the Pheonix and Wolfenstein thing?
yeah my friends calc is now unresponsive after playing pheonix 2.
Insanity wrote:
Which bug was it - the Archive bug that everyone was complaining about or the Pheonix and Wolfenstein thing?
They're one and the same. You never actually mentioned it was Phoenix...

Razz Anyway, whatever; bug fix underway.
When I ran the archived Super Mario 1.2 through DoorsCS, it wasn't put back into the archive after it was finished running (kind of like what Demon said).

Also, what does the box with the "X" in it on the bottom of the screen indicate? It seems as if I can't get rid of it; I just have to hope the randomly when I start up DoorsCS that it isn't there.
It indicates low RAM.
Or low battery (I think.)
Correct. It indicates that you either are approaching insufficient free RAM or approaching a low battery condition.

Edit: @Keith: can you explain more fully? The back button is supposed to take you to the folder above your current folder.
Okay:
I have six folders in my main screen: ASM, BASIC, MISC, UTILITY, PET, DARKPRGM (Don't ask)

If I click on any single folder (which have no folders in them) and then click the back button, then I sometimes end up in another folder or it just doesn't take me anywhere.

Ex.
Click on DARKPRGM
Click Back
End up in PET

Ex. 2
Click on PET
Click Back
Go nowhere
I think I found a bug that may cause problems. Isn't the name of the program being executed supposed to be put in op1 when running ti-os asm programs?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours