So for this year, the year I'm getting my Master's, I'll be very close to my school. In preparation, I made a very accurate AutoCAD 2009 model based on the measurements I had, to optimize my space usage and make it feel as open as possible while fitting in everything that I need to. I then put it all together, so below find my renders and pictures. Hopefully you'll agree that I got it pretty close to the model. What do you guys think of the layout?

Ah, the fabled Kerm Cave 2.0. I'm honestly surprised you managed to fit all of your stuff in there without it looking cluttered. Good job Smile

Where's the button that opens up the secret passage to the Under Kerm Cave where the Kerm-mobile resides? Confused
You should add some finish to the wood; at least seal it! Smile

Looks good, though. Jealous of your Monitors! Sad
Pretty sweet. I dig the Kerm Cave.
that's looking pretty awesome, nice Smile
Thanks guys. Smile I still need a ladder for my bed; my current method is to climb onto the desk. Other than that, it's just about set, and I'm finding it a great place to work. Oh, and XP 64-bit is still giving me some agita about the four monitors with frequent BSODs, so I need to resolve that at some point. :/
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks guys. Smile I still need a ladder for my bed; my current method is to climb onto the desk. Other than that, it's just about set, and I'm finding it a great place to work. Oh, and XP 64-bit is still giving me some agita about the four monitors with frequent BSODs, so I need to resolve that at some point. :/
Windows Seven? And you fix/resolve your firewall? I still want to play UT2004 Assault! Razz I've been practising on that one map for a few days!
KermMartian wrote:

Ladders are overrated. My bunk here at camp doesn't have one.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It's all about climbing slides, boy.
those moniters are pretty sick..... Razz
Thanks Svakk, I think everyone should have a 6720-pixel wide desktop. Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks guys. Smile I still need a ladder for my bed; my current method is to climb onto the desk. Other than that, it's just about set, and I'm finding it a great place to work.

Naw. What you need to do is become beasty at acrobatics.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks Svakk, I think everyone should have a 6720-pixel wide desktop. Smile

[drool] Surprised [/drool]
I agree
@TheTari: Working on it. Wink
@Eeems: Thanks, it's SO useful for coding. One monitor for emulator or browser, one for compiler or FTP, one or two for source code, and one or zero for documentation.
Quote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks Svakk, I think everyone should have a 6720-pixel wide desktop.

Mkay, I saw the sweetest thing last year. This one
guy my dad knew ( I know, sounds
debatable) took me to his work to look at what he does.
He's a stock trader and he had 6 moniters. One was the
buyer, one was the seller, one was current stock prices,
one was for protecting from malicious software that could
crash his network, and the other two just did random stuff.

It was pretty sweet. He worked at this stock company that
ended up going bankrupt, but it all worked out because he
got to keep the computer's since he was like a half-executive.

Its amazing. He has them set up in his basement and he might
be getting rid of them since he's a lonely a fat white guy with no
kids or family (tear tear cry cry). If he does, he already said i might
get them. If i ever do, i'll post the pictures of it.

Each Keyboard Connected To 2 Moniters. This guy typed at about
120 Words Per Minute. There was a little switch on the top left
of each keyboard that would switch to the next moniter. It was
pretty amazing...

I'll let you know if i ever get them... Razz
Very nice, that would be sweet. Very Happy You'd just need to get enough computing power to drive all of those monitors, or does he already have it to give you?
@Kerm: how big's your closet? 100 sq ft?

comicIDIOT wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

wth is is "climbing slide"?
I climb sides fine, but it's not a perfect long term solution. Smile I'd prefer to throw some 2x4s, wood glue, and wood screws together and make something a little fancier.

@UltDev'r: It'd say around there, a bit less actually.
KermMartian wrote:
I climb sides fine, but it's not a perfect long term solution. Smile I'd prefer to throw some 2x4s, wood glue, and wood screws together and make something a little fancier.

I since added that ladder, although it's best for my height. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I since added that ladder, although it's best for my height. Razz

Pics of your woodworking skills?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours