What is the best completed project of June 2018?
Block Ninja
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chip-84
 8%  [ 2 ]
Orbit Game
 0%  [ 0 ]
TI-Boy CE
 76%  [ 19 ]
Tic Tac Toe CE
 4%  [ 1 ]
Too Many Boats
 12%  [ 3 ]
_iPhoenix_'s Website
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

As many of our members get out of school and away from their calculators, there will probably be less projects. This fact has not stopped our members from working on many cool and interesting projects! In fact, some of our members have taken the opportunity to spend more time working on their projects.

This month had a lot of amazing projects, with some large releases and many promising new projects. Many of the projects this month feature screenshots (or even animated screenshots), so be sure to check out the projects' respective threads!

Here are all of the Projects of the Month for the month of June:

• A Ti-84+CE as an Atari 2600 controller (for Maker Faire?): From Pieman7373, this project is a cool attempt to create a potentially awesome display for Maker Faire 2018. He is encountering (and solving) lots of problems with his project. Despite these problems, it appears that Pieman7373 is making lots of progress on this project, and we wish him the best of luck!
  • Arduino Stabilized/Guided Rockets: theprogrammingcube made great progress on his project this month! He is trying to use an Arduino to enhance his model rockets. This project is really cool, so we would love to see more of this project.
  • BasicNote CE Progress Thread: Michael2_3B has created an epic text editing utility for the TI-84+CE graphing calculator! It features line wrapping, We can't wait for new updates!
  • Block Ninja: _iPhoenix_'s project "Block Ninja" is a Fruit Ninja-inspired game written in Python! He is using the IOS app Pythonista to do his programming. Go check out the thread, where there is source code and a YouTube video!
  • Calc Crusader (TI-84 Plus CE, ICE): dankcalculatorbro has created a sweet game based around the Crusades! He added a very cool-looking battle screen and has We would enjoy seeing more of this project.
  • Chip-84 - A Chip-8 Emulator for TI-84 Plus CE: From ckosmic, this projects is a amazing Chip-8 emulator. This month, he improved the UI on both the ROM selection screen and the pause menu. More information (including a download and several animated screenshots!) can be found in the thread.
  • Chip-84 Port to Unity: As seen in the title, Chip-84 Port to Unity is a port of ckosmic's above Chip-8 emulator for the TI-84+ CE over to Unity. created by ckosmic! He already has some amazing eye candy in the thread, so I highly recommend checking it out for yourself. Check out the thread to see it for yourself!
  • Converting Markdown into BBCode and HTML: _iPhoenix_'s project "Converting Markdown into BBCode and HTML" is a proof-of-concept tool to convert the popular markup language "Markdown" into both BBCode and HTML. He is trying to use regular expressions to find and replace certain strings in the Markdown with their BBCode and HTML equivalents. Check out the thread to see it for yourself!
  • Gateway to Legend: 123outerme's project "Gateway to Legend" received several improvements this month. These improvements include a transition screen, a bunch of cool map-making features, and much more. It looks interesting, so go check it out!
  • NOS - A alternative shell: LAX18 made some progress on his project this month! He added a bunch of cool tools and features this month, as well as posting some of his ideas for the future of the project. It looks like LAX18 is making lots of progress!
  • Orbit Game (TI-84+ CE): Michael2_3B has created a captivating game! As the title suggests, it is based around orbits, and you have to dock to a space station by manipulating your orbit. The screenshots are truly awesome, so check out the thread to see it for yourself!
  • Tanks! CE: commandblockguy's project "Tanks! CE" is a game heavily inspired by the game "Tanks!" from Wii Play. He added cool collision detection and a few more missions. We would enjoy seeing more of this project.
  • TI Monopoly: Kydapoot has been working hard adding improvements to his revived project, TI Monopoly! He added almost all of the core game features, including dice rolling, player moving, player imprisonment, and much more! You can find more information in the thread.
  • TI-Boy CE Progress Thread: calc84maniac has finally finished his long-awaited Gameboy emulator for the CE. It has all kinds of amazing features, so go check out the thread and try it out for yourself!
  • Tic Tac Toe CE (C): Pieman7373 has created an entertaining 2-player Tic-Tac-Toe game in C for the CE! It is fully-functioning, with win detection, cool sprites, and an awesome "win" screen. More information and some screenshots can be found in the thread.
  • Too Many Boats [CC20] [TI 84 Plus CE]: TheLastMillennial has been hard at work adding improvements to his program, Too Many Boats! He added lots of new features and bugfixes, and even released a download! Go check out the thread for a full list of improvements and a download link!
  • Village: _iPhoenix_ has created an amusing esoteric programming language/strategy game hybrid! You assume the role of a very forgetful village chief who writes down all of the tasks for the day in order. It has all kinds of cool commands, all of which were added this month. Go check out the thread and try it for yourself!
  • [slowly] Programming 2D Minecraft clone: As seen in the title, this is an attempt to port a 2D version of Minecraft over to the TI-84+ CE created by c4ooo! He is not sure if he will continue working on it, so go show c4ooo some support to cheer him on!
  • _iPhoenix_'s website!: _iPhoenix_ has been working hard adding improvements to his website, which he uses to display his projects. He is going for a very intriguing markdown editor-esque feel, using cool CSS concepts make it work. Check out the thread to see it for yourself!

After you have checked out the projects above and all of their respective topics, be sure to vote in the poll for your favorite one! There were lots of releases this month, so choose wisely!
Wow, there's a ton of great projects here!
***TLM wonders how any program other than TI Boy CE will get any votes.

No point in not self advertising though.
Vote for Too Many Boats! It may not have the speed or the variety of games that TI Boy CE has, but it's a heck of a lot easier to play legally (I'm still trying to think of a way to play it illegaly) since you don't need to download or create a ROM. TMBoats also is designed for the color screen right out of the box! No color filters needed! It is also much more space friendly than TI Boy CE coming in at only 18kb instead of the multiple 64kb App vars required to play most Gameboy games. TMBoats will provide at least 2 hours of legal fun, I know because I played it nonstop for 2 hours. Razz
FANTASTIC MONTH! SOme real heavy hitters here Smile.

Hard to look past TI-Boy as previously stated, but other projects offer a lot of quality too. Nice work everyone Smile.
I can only see one outcome to this poll.... Ti Boy CE takes a commanding lead. I would not be at all surprised if it is the POTY (although is AOCE is finished by the end of the year it could face some tough competition).
Great projects this month, however...

What did you do to that image womp? It looks vintage. Razz

I'm astonished TMBoats got 3 votes so far! Thank you voters! Very Happy
i am surprised too, does tlm have 3 cemetech accounts?
***john35588 hides
TheLastMillennial wrote:
What did you do to that image womp? It looks vintage. Razz

I don't know why but paint tends to yellow my images a little.
john35588 wrote:
does tlm have 3 cemetech accounts?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll start an investigation Laughing Evil or Very Mad
These are all great projects! Nice work everyone!
Alex wrote:
john35588 wrote:
does tlm have 3 cemetech accounts?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll start an investigation 0x5 Evil or Very Mad

Yeah I have TheFirstMillennial, TheMiddleMillennial, and TheLastMillennial as my 3 accounts.
Just Joking
Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours