I made this program for CC20, it did ok in the contest but now that I've updated it with SM84CE's optimizations and improvements, I think it deserves its own topic now.

Here's the gist of the game:
ReadMe wrote:
TooManyBoats is a medium-paced game of decisions written in pure BASIC.
You are the commander of a Dock, you have: 3 docks, a revenue requirement, reputation, and a time limit.
Within the time limit, you must agree to take in barges carrying a variety of goods (Chairs, books, etc.),
let them finish unloading at your dock, and gain the required amount of money!

This program placed second in the June 2018 POTM!
(I'm proud of this because it was up against TI Boy CE and many other great programs!)

REQUIRES CE OS 5.2 OR ABOVE
Download Here.
Did he forget to mention: valuable cargo? Including, but (maybe) limited to: $$$ (money), TI-84's, MateoC, and the highly prized SM84CE!

***SM84CE RUUUUUUNNNNNNNSSSSSS
Yay, I'm working on another update! It's a big one but you probably wont notice any visual changes.
I would be working on other projects right now but today is weird so I'm working on smaller ones.
I found the motivation to work on this after I play this game for 45minutes and found lots of bugs. I fixed most on-calc, but there are a few that just require a computer since I have no idea what's going on with my code. Razz

Bugfixes and improvements:
    Done:
  • Fixed bug where dock 2's boat would continuously redraw itself
  • Fixed bug where the timer would go into negative time.
  • Fixed bug where the first 4 levels would add on an extra $250 to the required goal.
  • Increased the speed of the boarder drawing when a boat pops up.
  • Decreased initial loading time (and overall size of program) by using a For( loop instead of 200 individual spaces Rolling Eyes
  • Increased dock drawing speed slightly
  • List cleanup when you exit the program (should remove ~10 lists leaving only 2 on your calc)
  • Pic cleanup
  • Added game crash detection.
  • Changed all lists from train-related to boat-related. (This program was originally going for a land entry and I was going to call it Too Many Trains)
  • Added ability to skip the lengthy intro
  • Fixed visual bug when a boat was finished unloading
  • Added high score saving!

Working on:
  • Finding more stuff...

ToDo:
  • Possibly allow you to toggle perks on and off? Would you guys like that?

Anything else you'd like to see fixed or improved?
I'm super pleased to announce that I've released all these bug fixes!
SM84CE is working on some other optimizations so I may have a small update soon.
Download here!
TLM 800th post!
Super small update. I fixed a bug where the GDB wouldn't be restored when you exited the game. (I forgot an End command) Razz
Uploaded v1.24.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours