After users have repeatedly suggested adding Mirage OS support, I initially resisted the idea. It would be too cumbersome, I claimed, and was patently impossible when Doors CS was just an ASM program. Once I converted it to an app as 5.5, however, MOS became a more realistic possibility, yet I still didn't want to add it. I believed that the vast majority of MOS programs were also Ion programs, but eventually the requests began to wear me down, and I finally agreed a week and a half ago to implement MOS support. With some invaluable help from DWedit and careful consultation with the MOS developer documentation, I have been able to reproduce full Mirage OS support in Doors CS, from icons and interrupts to most of the routines that MOS programs require. In honor of the occasion, as well as of the beginnings of working CALCnet2 routines, I have decided to release another beta. Enjoy!

Download:
Doors CS 5.6 Beta 1

YAAAAAYYYY!!!! This is GREAT! Too bad i can't test it, but oh well =D . I will as soon as i get my computer back to normal. Good Job! Good Idea
Thanks, it took me a few days to find the last two pesky errors that were a single character missing from a labelname that was making it just to a completely nonexistent routine.
Found a bit of a bug, not sure how it is doing it though. I run prgmBLOX (by CDI, should be on calcgames and uti) and when I exit it and DCS, I can no longer type in any commands. I can view all the menus, I just can no longer type anything, or paste a command on the homescreen. I am not sure about other games, will post once I get that looked at.

And yes, I reset PTI, and tried it again, and still got the same problem.
BASIC, I assume? Does it use Codex or xlib? Oh, and I'm investigating that other bug you mentioned to me.
No libs, straight up BASIC.

Edit: Problem persists with my texting program, so not sure what flag isn't getting reset or whatever.

Look for your self: http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/ainfo/12.htm

(And it gives error 514, not sure what that is exactly yet, need to look at the code for the ZT# programs...
Way too much garbage collecting!
It did it almost one to three archived programs I ran...

EDIT found a bug: When I exited, I got a Syntax error... and it keeps giving me Syntax after Syntax error... Oh, no, I gotta reset Sad
Dan, 514 is a syntax error. Here's a partial list:
Error 507: Overflow Error [ERR: OVERFLOW]
Error 508: Divide by Zero Error [ERR: DIVBY0]
Error 509: Singular Matrix Error
Error 510: Domain Error [ERR: DOMAIN]
Error 511: Increment Error
Error 512: Break [ERR: BREAK]
Error 513: Nonreal Error [ERR: NONREAL]
Error 514: Syntax Error [ERR: SYNTAX]
Error 515: Datatype Error [ERR: DATATYPE]
Error 516: Argument Error [ERR: ARGUMENT]
Error 517: Dim Mismatch [ERR: MISMATCH]
Error 518: Dimension Error [ERR: DIM]
Error 519:

Edit: running your Text program, I get a 507 followed by a 514. (overflow, then syntax) I didn't get any syntax errors while quitting DCS though...
Edit#2: But wow Shock I can't type anymore. Crazy....
KermMartian wrote:
Dan, 514 is a syntax error. Here's a partial list:
Error 507: Overflow Error [ERR: OVERFLOW]
Error 508: Divide by Zero Error [ERR: DIVBY0]
Error 509: Singular Matrix Error
Error 510: Domain Error [ERR: DOMAIN]
Error 511: Increment Error
Error 512: Break [ERR: BREAK]
Error 513: Nonreal Error [ERR: NONREAL]
Error 514: Syntax Error [ERR: SYNTAX]
Error 515: Datatype Error [ERR: DATATYPE]
Error 516: Argument Error [ERR: ARGUMENT]
Error 517: Dim Mismatch [ERR: MISMATCH]
Error 518: Dimension Error [ERR: DIM]
Error 519:

Edit: running your Text program, I get a 507 followed by a 514. (overflow, then syntax) I didn't get any syntax errors while quitting DCS though...
Edit#2: But wow Shock I can't type anymore. Crazy....

That is the bug I was talking about. Good luck figuring that one out...

Oh, and thing is, I don't remember it ever giving an error when I made the programs. I made them to Return to the calling program, since it is intended for input for like highscrore stuff, and I used to use something similar for TI-City. I think there may be a bug with the way it is handling the exit of the program??

Further testing revealed that It still has the information stored into the video memory, because I tried running the programs from the home screen, ended up with the error screen, plus the text I wrote out of the program right under it. I can run the programs normally in DCS though, so I am not sure what is up. I hope this info helps.

Edit yet again: The screen CANNOT be cleared. This is similar to that of the bg option that DCS has/had.

Woah, do this. Cause that error where you cannot type, then access the MODE menu, then exit out of that. I can still scroll through the options on that menu...

Lol, after going through that, I went back on DCS, and then immediately quit, and now I have a screen with Defragmenting... Razz
I've gotten the Defragmenting thing a couple of times; working on that. Oh, and Dan, I solved the bug you reported to me with grayscale; looks like I need a separate check to see if I need to reenable interrupts after an af', bc', de', or hl'-using Ion routine. In fact, I am probably going to rewrite said routines to not use any of those restricted variables to allow any interrupt running without interference from DCS (not only the Cn2 int). I'm still trying to find that mysterious 514/no typing bug.
ok, I think the news post should be updated, that there are bugs that was found after the release. I will take care of it.
*beta* Very Happy Just Joking Sure, sounds like a plan.
One way to avoid the defragmenting is to just create a copy of the file like everyone has suggested Wink Wink Idea Exclamation
Actually no, that's incorrect. Laughing Creating a copy would prevent Garbage Collecting, used to free up archive space marked for cleaning but not yet cleaned in order to rearchive. The Defragmenting... occurs any time an App is deleted, so that all apps are on sequential pages with all the free pages lumped together. The Degfragmenting message when Doors CS exits actually indicates not a system instability but the normal system procedures when an App, such as Doors CS, is deleted. In this case, it indicates that my bug is somehow the TI-OS thinks Doors CS wants to delete itself, hence my bug. I must thank you though, Harq, because I was originally thinking the same as you, and only when you mentioned the Garbage Collect vs. Defragment thing did I realize I knew more about the source of the Defragment bug than I thought. In other news, I see at least one error in the BASIC executer, although it's not directly related to the no-typing error. I believe I know the source of that as well, though. Well, battery getting low, so I'm out.

Battery forced hibernation before I submitted, so I'll expand upon that thought. It seems to me that the reason you can't type at the homescreen is that there is some random homescreen hook being set but not removed after execution. The BASIC parser routine I'm using does indeed set a homescreen hook, but it appears to me that it attempts to remove it and restore any previous homescreen hook that had been installed when its done. Obviously that's not working correctly, so I'll have to find out why. Meh. Now I need a WiFi connection so I can click submit and not have this post ramble on any further....
Maybe as a new feature isn DCS 6.1 or something you could make it make a temp copy like that other program (flash gorgon?). That might save our flash rom for a little longer =D

P.S. you do realize that you click on an ION program in that screenshot, don't you? Or does it put down MOS ones as ION for now?
Yeah, I realized that after I posted the screenie. That program was listed in the MOS directory on ticalc.org, but once I got it into DCS, I saw it was Ion. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have demoed Ion and MOS support at the same time, anyway.

And yeah, copying sounds like a plan. I'll make it an option: copy or (un)archive, in the user control panel.
*bump*
OK, I've narrowed this down a bit. It's not a function of the double-page: I just set it back to singlepage for a minute by removing some stuff, and the error still recurred. I also tried stripping the basic exec function down to the bare minimums; still nothing. The next thing I want to try is seeing if my interrupt changes for Cn2 caused a problem somehow.

Well, there you are, I think the error is more wide spread than just the BASIC programs.

-It will not create a new document on the desktop
-It WILL create a new document in a folder, but changes the folder into the TI-OS BASIC file.
-Just making the folders causes the no-typing error, when exiting, leaves an E, that cannot be erased
-First line in the prog editor is obvious
-When exiting DCS, it has the 2nd activated, not a super big deal
-When creating a new document/folder, it has a f as the first character, seems like it isn't resetting the getkey address, and is recalling it.

I the screenie says it all though. Oh yes, you will notice that I had trouble getting the options bar to show up. And I was barely tapping the button.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, there you are, I think the error is more wide spread than just the BASIC programs.

-It will not create a new document on the desktop
-It WILL create a new document in a folder, but changes the folder into the TI-OS BASIC file.
-Just making the folders causes the no-typing error, when exiting, leaves an E, that cannot be erased
-First line in the prog editor is obvious
-When exiting DCS, it has the 2nd activated, not a super big deal
-When creating a new document/folder, it has a f as the first character, seems like it isn't resetting the getkey address, and is recalling it.

I the screenie says it all though. Oh yes, you will notice that I had trouble getting the options bar to show up. And I was barely tapping the button.
It's all related to how the TI-OS handles the homescreen.

- New document? If you mean new folder, I saw you make one Shock
- Renaming a folder causes it to become a program. The program editor line is a subphenomenon of how DCS remembers folder names.
- Clrhome appears to be not working.../me shall fix.

To summarize:
- Fix folder renaming
- Fix folder creation _homeup
- Solve the continuing BASIC bug.
No, did you not see how I tried to make a document on the root dir, but it didn't do it, but once I went into a folder, I could make one?? Look through it carefully again. Smile

I click on the 3rd or 4th icon, nothing happens, I go into a folder, and I click on third or fourth icon, and I can create a new document.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours