From the description:
Cemetech Archives wrote:
This is the second public release of the Doors CS shell as a Flash Application. Taking up a mere single page of archive/ROM space, this program is a complete shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators. It also contains a complete shell for the TI-83, Doors CS v5.1. Embedded but not yet activated in this version are such amazing features as a full GUI API. Doors CS can recognize and run nearly every type of TI-83/+/SE/84+/SE file available, including Ion and Doors CS ASM programs, TI-OS BASIC and ASM programs, and many others. The interface can be navigated with a mouse-like cursor, and is fully expandable with small modules called Shell Expansions. Manual included. Bugs fixed in this edition include: BASIC running bug, folder paste bug, battery meter bug, memory meter bug, scroll bug, and more.
Specifically:

:: Scroll Bug: Scroll up, down, and in and out of folders with wild abandon. Never fear the evil lurking scroll bug, for it has been vanquished!

:: BASIC Bug: Thanks to a handily ontopic thread from good ol' Detached Solutions, this bug as well has been unhanded. Frolic through fields of functioning BASIC programs, with nary a care for displayed quotes, slow execution, or free-floating undefined errors.

:: Folder bug: All kinds of fun stuff, including two closely related scrollbar bugs, and a pasting bug due to errant flags

:: Meter bugs: Rest assured that both the Battery Meter and the Memory Meter will give you perfectly valid displays of your precious RAM and power.

So without further ado, come check it out, try to find bugs, and post 'em up on le forum!

Download:
Doors CS 5.5 Beta 2
lol, I love the way you have worded it - "Frolic through fields of functioning BASIC programs, with nary a care" - are you taking a poetry or creative writing class? Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
0x5, I love the way you have worded it - "Frolic through fields of functioning BASIC programs, with nary a care" - are you taking a poetry or creative writing class? 0x5
Nope, just trying to make my descriptions be a bit more creative and enjoyable to read. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Taking up a mere single page of archive/ROM space, this program is a complete shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators.

But can you keep it that way?
Wow, this is the most progress in the shortest amount of time that I have ever seen! Surprised Good Idea
OOOO OOOO!! I found a bug! The start menu goes out and back in whenever u click on it (as in it does not let u move your moues to click anything, it just closes).
Harq wrote:
OOOO OOOO!! I found a bug! The start menu goes out and back in whenever u click on it (as in it does not let u move your moues to click anything, it just closes).
Not a bug. I need to finish the GUI system before I implement the DCS Menu. Smile
Hmm... for some odd reason the battery meter in PindurTI isn't full, although methinks it should be... (although that may be an issue with the emulator and not necessarily DCS)
OOOOO! OOOO! I found ANOTHER BUG (real this time). When you enter a name for a folder, if you press a button above A, it gives u some wierd output/lower case letters (besides delete of course).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Hmm... for some odd reason the battery meter in PindurTI isn't full, although methinks it should be... (although that may be an issue with the emulator and not necessarily DCS)
that's because PTI picks a medium contrast as normal brightness. On a hardware calc, such a contrast would be associated with medium battery life, hence the meter.

Harq: k, I'll check that out.
Ok, I had a program by CDI on the emu (A game really, but what ever). I opened DCS, and created a new folder. I then cut and paste that folder inside itself. Then I created a new TI-BASIC program (I am guessing anyways) and named it DOOMED. (Appearntly it was... <.<) I could not back out any further than where it was. I quit DCS, and looked at programs.

The program that was originally on there was completely gone. Though DOOMED was in the list. So I selected it, to see what would happen.

That was the screen I got.

I played around with it, and went back to the prgm list, and the other game was there, but totally corrupted. As soon as I told the calc to execute it, it went to the MODE screen, and froze.

Happy hunting Kerm. Smile
OK, it seems that you renamed the original program, but it got corrupted due to the nested folder trick. Can you try to run the program normally without doing the folder trick first please?
Harq wrote:
Yea I thought that was a bug at first. Then I saw DoorsCS6 on the side bar and realized that its non functional yet.
Indeed. It will probably be one of the last features to become functional before 6.0
A question about archived programs:

Does Doors CS unarchive then archive programs when you try to run an archived program or does it copy it to a temp file then delte it afterwards?
The reason I ask is because I heard that the first can make your FlashROM die faster...

Second is an idea: A program editor. Even better, one that has a higher text resolution than the one in TI-OS so you can see more of your programs and some extra features like if you type in an If, Repeat, While, For, etc. command, it will shift the lines under it a little bit so you can make sure you have all your ENDs in the right place, and some other nifty commands to make coding faster.
It would be really cool if you could edit your programs from Doors CS.
Plus a nice debugger better than TI-OS's for the BASIC programs just in case something messes up in the middle of a program.

Another idea is desktop wallpaper.
It just unarchives. If you interrupt the program, it will sometimes not rearchive too. So be sure to make sure it is archived again =D
Ok, then that can be another idea for DCS (anong with the onse above) - it proably would be better just to make it copy than unarchive so your FlashROM will live longer.
@pyro_xp2k: Perhaps this might help?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34155.html

You can also create and assemble a background manually for the 83+; I'll port COPYBG for ya too.
New idea: A compression feature that lets you compress and extract "archives" like WinZIP or WinRAR does. Then you could compress a whole bunch of programs you're probably won't be using for a while and save a crapload of space and then just decompress when you want to use them again. Even better idea, you could have it automatically compress programs (like Windows does) whenever you haven't used one in quite a while...
Sure, that sounds cool. I will make that a possible inclusion for 6.1 or 6.2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours