Cemetech Expert MateoConLechuga (yes, that's a real title) has been wowing us with his projects since he joined Cemetech over two years ago. Since the TI-84 Plus CE was announced and released early this year, he has been one of the primary driving forces bringing both programs and the tools to create programs to the community. Mateo has been steadily documenting his findings about the TI-84 Plus CE OS here on Cemetech and on WikiTI; he even reported an OS bug to TI, which was fixed in OS 5.1. Of more immediate concern to most of our visitors, though, are the programs and games that Mateo has been creating. Early this summer, we published a news article about the first TI-84 Plus CE assembly games available, including Mateo's Portal CE, Pac-Man CE, and Puzzle Frenzy. Since then, he has released and announced several other fun or useful programs:
  • Text Editor [TI-84 Plus CE] (Download): Mateo's text editor allows you to edit and view text files on your TI-84 Plus CE. ou can create, edit, rename, and delete notes with the variable-width font, and even import notes from your computer and then edit them on-calc. It is still a work in progress, so if you have feature suggestions, Mateo has requested that you post in his topic and let him know. He notes that important missing features like text wrapping are next on his to-do list.

• Mario [TI-84 Plus CE]: Before you get too excited, this project has barely begun, and there is no download for it yet. We're sure Mateo appreciates your patience, although your respectful encouragement in the topic will no doubt be good motivation for him to continue working on this project. To quote the man himself: "I'm going to be very careful about this project, because I know the pain in huge projects. Anyway, recently TIFreak and Ivoah were talking about a Mario game for the CE, and so I considered the implications of making one. It is no small task, that is for sure. So today I went ahead and made the tilemapping engine, along with the in-game sprites. There's a small editor (Which I'm going to build first) so that I can place blocks and such. Well, here we go! This is going to take a while."

• OnBlock [TI-84+CSE and TI-84+CE]: At the request of Cemetech user andressevilla, MateoConLechuga ported OnBlock to the TI-84 Plus CE. This handy little assembly program prevents [ON] from interrupting TI-BASIC programs, allowing TI-BASIC programmers to make password and security programs. It's available for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and TI-84 Plus CE.

Please join me in congratulating MateoConLechuga on his enthusiasm and passion for the calculator programming community, and in encouraging him to keep up the impressive work!

Download
Text Editor for the TI-84 Plus CE
OnBlock for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and TI-84 Plus CE

Congrats on being awesome Mateo! You make me want to buy a CE more every day Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours