Hello! I need to fit a rather large amount of text files on my calculator and require some help in doing so.

I went the traditional route and used a coding software, Token, in order to write my text down and then transferred the files over to my calculator via TI Connect. All good so far. However, it turns out that I have way more files than my RAM allows to fit and am now getting the following error whenever I try to move another file over: USB communication error: Insufficient memory (8C08000C)

My question is whether there's any way around this limitation. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this, but I've done a bit of digging on the internet and read that the TI-84 has a different set of memory allocated for apps. Is this correct and is there any app which I could use which would basically serve as text viewing software?

As I've said, I need to get more text files on my calculator than my RAM can fit and need a way of doing so.

Thanks in advance!
I'd recommend keeping all of your programs in Archive, and using Doors CSE to edit them. Since Doors CSE can edit Archived programs, you wouldn't have to manually move them to RAM to edit (view) their contents. To summarize:
1) Use TokenIDE or SourceCoder to create programs from your text.
2) Send the files and Doors CSE to your TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition's Archive.
3) Open Doors CSE, right-click on the file you want to view, and choose Edit.

Edit: Of course, an actual text editor would be better, but to my knowledge nothing like Document DE 7 has been ported to the TI-84+CSE.
Sure, of course. Smile You can use this program that I made a bit ago (It's pretty simple because no one has asked anything more about it), but you can use the online converter to upload text files and then send them to the archive in your calculator. Hope this helps! Smile

Program:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11346
Converter: (It's for a different program, but it works)
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6/index.php

EDIT: To clarify, simply send the above program, upload your text files to the converter, and then send them. Then run the program with Asm(pgrmNOTES. You can find the Asm( token in the catalog. By the way, welcome to Cemetech! Smile
I'll switch my answer to Mateo's: that's a cleaner and easier way to do things (but you can and should still store all the text files from the Document DE converter in the Archive). If you want to save the effort of typing Asm(), Doors CSE provides that capability as well. And yes, welcome to Cemetech!
Thanks very much for the fast responses! You two have helped me out a great deal here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours