Hello Cemetech friends. Back in 2011, we introduced the concept of Cemetech Expert. The basic idea is that users who have made inordinately valuable contributions to the graphing calculator community and to Cemetech should be recognized in some way. Ben Ryves, BrandonW, and Weregoose are all previous members of this group, and today I'm happy to announce five more members. These members have all contributed greatly to our success, so give them the congratulations the deserve! In no particular order, I present the newest batch of Cemetech Experts:

tr1p1ea
Tr1p1ea has been an active member of the calculator community for quite some time. I remember a very long time ago using the first version of xLIB, and it's come quite a ways now. xLIB was bundled with DCS, and xLIBC is now bundled with DCSE. Tr1p has also been an active member in the discussions on the new CE. Congrats, tr1p, and keep up the great xLIBing!

DrDnar
DrDnar has also been heading the group of people working with the new CE. His input has been quite valuable, and he's demonstrated deep technical skills. He also made a wicked awesome solitaire game. A notable recent contribution is his eZ80 disassembler which has proved to be quite useful!

calc84maniac
Calc84 is best known to me as the dude who made the gameboy emulator--an incredible technical feat. As is probably unsurprising if you're good at noticing trends, calc84 has also been helping out with the CE investigations, and I know I certainly look forward to a gameboy emulator on the CE Smile

MateoConLechuga
Mateo has been on cemetech's news before, mostly because he makes wicked cool things! Most recently that I've played with is Portal for the CSE, which he's also worked on porting to the CE. Mateo has contributed quite a bit to the CE investigation, and I'm excited to see what more cool things he makes.

And, last but not least:
Runer112
Runer has also been part of the CE investigation crew, but has also obviously contributed much more than that to Cemetech. Runer is the Axe expert, and always out go-to guy when Axe questions come around. He's also a very knowledgeable assembly developer, and is always willing to help people out. On top of that, he's helped contribute ideas and effort to my personal favorite Cemetech project, TokenIDE. A very valuable member all around!

There are many many valuable members of Cemetech, and we obviously can't recognize every single one of you, but I hope you'll all join me in congratulating these five awesome members of the calculator community! Great work everyone, and keep up the experting!

Congrats everyone! I believe all of these are well deserved. ( not that my opinion matters or anthing Razz)
Awesome work guys Smile
Oh neat! I don't feel very deserving of this; but thank you. Smile I will do my best! Smile
Thanks very much team, I am very humbled.
Congratulations to the new Cemetech Experts! As Merthsoft said, you have all shown a great deal of technical expertise and aptitude as well as a willingness to help others, and we really enjoy having you in the community. I certainly have learned something new as an assembly programmer from each and every one of you.

Edit: For the sake of anyone reading this topic who might not be familiar with our customs, though, I do need to clarify that Cemetech Expert is not a staff rank. It's a way to recognize members of the community who have gone above and beyond with their own skills and with helping others.
Unicorn wrote:
( not that my opinion matters or anthing Razz)

Your opinion certainly does matter Smile
Congrats, guys! Can't wait to see what you guys do in the near future!

KermMartian wrote:
For the sake of anyone reading this topic who might not be familiar with our customs, though, I do need to clarify that Cemetech Expert is not a staff rank. It's a way to recognize members of the community who have gone above and beyond with their own skills and with helping others.

Like "Coder of Tomorrow" is on Omni (unless one of the older ones still has mod privileges).
pimathbrainiac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
For the sake of anyone reading this topic who might not be familiar with our customs, though, I do need to clarify that Cemetech Expert is not a staff rank. It's a way to recognize members of the community who have gone above and beyond with their own skills and with helping others.

Like "Coder of Tomorrow" is on Omni (unless one of the older ones still has mod privileges).
No, not really. As I understand it, "Coders of Tomorrow" are part of the Omnimaga hierarchy, and imply leadership roles. "Cemetech Expert" is purely a recognition of extreme accomplishment, expertise, and willingness to teach, and doesn't imply any power or inclusion in the Cemetech staff hierarchy. Is my understanding incorrect?
KermMartian wrote:
pimathbrainiac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, not really. As I understand it, "Coders of Tomorrow" are part of the Omnimaga hierarchy, and imply leadership roles. "Cemetech Expert" is purely a recognition of extreme accomplishment, expertise, and willingness to teach, and doesn't imply any power or inclusion in the Cemetech staff hierarchy. Is my understanding incorrect?

IIRC, that's no longer correct (although it used to be). I recall the position becoming "You have a title that says you are a recognizable programmer and have some sort of hidden subforum." Geekboy might correct me here, though. Also the only extra permissions they are given are subforum control over their own subforum (if they even have one).

EDIT: On a side note, my position is very similar, only I don't have to get topics moved to be newsed, just approved.

EDIT 2: That was a blunt and not very well phrased description of the position. It is about extreme accomplishment in the Omni sense, and my wording was terrible. These guys are awesome.
I don't see me on that list.
I say we make allynfolksjr there our PHP expert.

Congrats to all those promoted! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours