caleb1997 wrote:
Well, hey...... I have a TI-84+CSE, and if I really try, I can get it to run for two months straight. So one month......... Good, but not amazing.
I've definitely gone two months without charging my three TI-84+CSEs as well, but they're talking about daily use for math class and homework, which is definitely much more than I use my calculators in that two-month period these days. Most of my calculator time is spent using jsTIfied.

Luxen wrote:
Kerm wrote:
...I know there are at least two similar RTS games I've long dragged my feet on making because I thought there wouldn't be enough space for code.

Kerm, Basic, or ASM? if you plan on this in basic, then CODE CODE CODE! (since TI-Basic will be pretty unchanged).
Assembly (or even C), fortunately or unfortunately. TI-BASIC is likely far too slow for what I want to do, even with hybrid BASIC's help.
Personally, I feel like the CE can only be good in that it will force coders to work with the mini usb. Code created for that purpose can then back ported to the BW calculators. The speed increase also will help entice people to buy an upgrade to their tied-and-true calculators
ordelore wrote:
Personally, I feel like the CE can only be good in that it will force coders to work with the mini usb. Code created for that purpose can then back ported to the BW calculators. The speed increase also will help entice people to buy an upgrade to their tied-and-true calculators

I agree. It is definitely going to be a fun challenge when this new calculator comes out! Smile So many ideas... Smile
Quote:
Personally, I feel like the CE can only be good in that it will force coders to work with the mini usb. Code created for that purpose can then back ported to the BW calculators.

Some hardware and/or software changes may throw wrenches in that theoretical plan.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I feel like the CE can only be good in that it will force coders to work with the mini usb. Code created for that purpose can then back ported to the BW calculators.

Some hardware and/or software changes may throw wrenches in that theoretical plan.
Can you be more specific? Even if it is discovered that the hardware is more protected from non-privileged code, we'll hopefully see that the USB bcalls are in place to allow programs to use USB anyway. Surely with their relationship with Vernier, TI would allow Apps to use the USB port properly.
Texas Instruments wrote:
For students, the TI Rechargeable Battery is expected to last up to two weeks of normal use on a single charge. For classroom use, the TI Rechargeable Battery is expected to last up to five days of normal use on a single charge. Use the USB cable or the TI-Power Adapter (included) to power up the handheld.

Haha, someone done copy and-a-pasted some things.
http://www.education.ti.com/en/us/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-84-plus-ce/tabs/overview#tab=accessories

What happened to this month-long battery charge? Smile
Will the lates Doors (7 or Cool run on ti 84 ce?
As he wrote in other topics, Kerm does indeed plan to port some version of DoorsCS to the 83PCE / 84+CE / 84+CE-T.
The amount of software changes performed by TI between the 84+CSE and these new models hasn't been determined yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours