Windows 10 Build 9901 has just leaked:

What do you think about this?

Cool!

I'll link more news from winbeta.org in the future when there's more news.
We appreciate if you don't just link but also tell us a little bit (or even better, summarize) what you're linking us too.

For the video, looks like Microsoft realised everything that was wrong with Windows and is rectifying the issue. The start bar is a great hybrid between the metro UI and the traditional desktop. They're on the right track from the looks of this video, but everything doesn't seem to work just yet. I'll applaud them on the design but the functionality and stability has yet to be seen.
Does anyone wish the Longhorn sidebar would be re-introduced in Windows 10 and be more modernized. I would be cool if Windows 10 would have a built-in IRC client.

Please vote at http://microsoft.uservoice.com
I don't even know what the Longhorn Sidebar was. I do want, though, is for the Ribbon UI of Office to go away. I don't type word documents that much anymore but I had to at work the other day and it was just so weird. I'm sure if I used it much more often the flow of the Ribbon UI would become more natural and intuitive.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't even know what the Longhorn Sidebar was. I do want, though, is for the Ribbon UI of Office to go away. I don't type word documents that much anymore but I had to at work the other day and it was just so weird. I'm sure if I used it much more often the flow of the Ribbon UI would become more natural and intuitive.

All about Windows Longhorn:
http://longhorn.ms/
comicIDIOT wrote:
We appreciate if you don't just link but also tell us a little bit (or even better, summarize) what you're linking us too.

As an admin of this forum, I realize your disability and I want to work with you on becoming a productive member of the forum. However, you have to work with me as well. Can you elaborate to me what Longhorn is?

The reason behind the request is that we ask that our users to at least tell us about a link they're directing us to because it's considered good ettiequte. Some times the information isn't readily available when going to the link, if a user summarizes the information at the other end of the person reading the post can decide if they want to follow the link for more information or continue reading because the information supplied was sufficient or not interesting.
comicIDIOT wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

As an admin of this forum, I realize your disability and I want to work with you on becoming a productive member of the forum. However, you have to work with me as well. Can you elaborate to me what Longhorn is?

The reason behind the request is that we ask that our users to at least tell us about a link they're directing us to because it's considered good ettiequte. Some times the information isn't readily available when going to the link, if a user summarizes the information at the other end of the person reading the post can decide if they want to follow the link for more information or continue reading because the information supplied was sufficient or not interesting.

Windows Longhorn (the Build i'm referring to is Build 4093, the last build before the Development Reset) had a lot of very cool features that I badly want, like the Sidebar. It would be cool to have an IRC client built into the Sidebar.
Ephraim B wrote:
...had a lot of very cool features...

Can you elaborate on these features? Maybe pick 2 or 3 to elaborate on?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:
...had a lot of very cool features...

Can you elaborate on these features? Maybe pick 2 or 3 to elaborate on?

1) The Longhorn SideBar
2) A larger image preview popup when you hover you're mouse over an image
Windows 10 Concepts

Do you think the UI would look better without the black bar?

Do you think the UI in File Explorer should look like any of these?

Do you think the Clock UI should look like this?

Do you think the Notification Center should be something like this?

I also want people to post new cool looking Windows 10 Concepts.
Personally, I actually do not like that black bar style. As a matter of facts, the whole tile scheme just seems strange to me. XP for life! Smile

(No, seriously though, that black bar does look kind of strange...)
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Personally, I actually do not like that black bar style. As a matter of facts, the whole tile scheme just seems strange to me. XP for life! Smile

(No, seriously though, that black bar does look kind of strange...)

This is only the Technical Preview. There's a whole Consumer Preview ahead.
Please send feedback: http://microsoft.uservoice.com

Edit: These are the top feedbacks for Desktop Background:

From what I saw about Windows 10 so far, I like the bringing back of the start menu, but I don't particularly appreciate the metro menu that's attached to it like lifesupport.

I wonder if there will be some customization features, maybe let me bring it back to the 7 start menu like I do with classic shell right now on 8
Here's a link to the top requests for Windows 10:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/microsoft-crowd-sourcing-ideas-top-requests-windows-10/

Microsoft better add tabs to File Explorer. Right now in order to have tabs in File Explorer, you need to download Clover which will make it look like Google Chrome:
These are some really good Windows 10 concepts from WindowsCentral:

Boot Screen:

Desktop:

Start Menu:

Notification Center:

File Explorer:

Cortana:

Task View:
I really don't want to start an argument of any sort but I cannot help but fell bothered that Microsoft continuously markets features as new/innovative when there is free software that could already do said thing for many years. For example the way the boot screen looks is trivial in my opinion and I personally do not care what it looks like however for the people that do care, they can it make it look however they want. In addition I am free to use a wide verity of desktop environments/window managers for GNU/Linux even something close to metro although I am unsure why one would desire such a UI on a real computer. I can even change the display manager giving me complete control over how the login screen looks and behaves. All this choice and flexibility is offered by free operating systems, not Windows however when they copy a certain desktop environment Microsoft markets such as the next greatest innovation when in reality it is not. Windows is much more fixed in choice requiring hacks to do something that can be done on a free operating system in a much easier cleaner manner. Windows even Windows 10 is not as good as GNU/Linux.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
... I cannot help but fell bothered that Microsoft continuously markets features as new/innovative when there is free software that could already do said thing for many years.
This is called marketing and everyone does it. If anyone tells you a feature is new or innovative, they're probably lying.

ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Windows even Windows 10 is not as good as GNU/Linux.
This really depends on what you use it for, and is all a matter of personal taste. I'm sure we have an OS thread somewhere--if not, feel free to make one--but this thread isn't really the place for that. I'm going to preemptively state that I'm all for a calm and rational discussion on the pros and cons of various operating systems and desktop managers, but let's use a topic specifically for that rather than derailing this one.
Apple have been doing that for 30 years.

The video is good, also Tuscan Raiders typically ride in single file to conceal their numbers.

Wewt for Windows 2! Very Happy.
At least it doesn't look like this:

Relevant:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours