Wishing to have someone create a YouTube app for TI-84 CSE using the USB cable. It doesn't have to have sound, but would be preferred. The splash screen must be the YouTube logo, such as one with a black background. The person with the best app will obtain one TI-84 CSE calculator.
Nicholas, (1) you've posted in the Contest subforum, which is not the correct place for a request like this, and (2) you appear to represent a company. Is this a commercial application that you're requesting? What's your company's purpose in having such a program be available?
This would not be a commercial application, just one for everyone to use.
solarsoftware wrote:
This would not be a commercial application, just one for everyone to use.
Graphing calculators have extremely limited space relative to what a video would require, and if this was a program for the TI-84+CSE (as your description suggests, with the described black background and red logo), even compressed half-resolution frames (160x120 and 255 colors, 18.8KB/screen) would fill the TI-84+CSE's entire Archive after 217 frames. A program could probably copy screens out of Archive at 1-4 frames per second, realistically, so you'd have about a minute of 4FPS video. I suspect this may be an infeasible project. Why not attempt it yourself, though?
If everybody would try and contribute, this project could got done faster.
Of course, direct streaming might be feasible as well, but the update time is still ridiculously slow. I doubt this could even get past an idea phase; sorry about that! Sad By the way, welcome to Cemetech!
Actually, let me rephrase this. All I need to know is how to use the CALCnet network protocol effectively, and how to write data to the calculator using USB.
There is a bit of calcnet information right here: http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=33 And various links to other sources.
Would it be compatible with TI-84 CSE, because it seems like the sources I looked at go to TI-84+?
As of this moment, there's nothing written for the CSE regarding calcnet. I'm not sure there will be much different beyond calls, but Kerm will need to validate that thought.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours