I'm trying to send over my BASIC program "PIRATE" from OS 2.55MP to 2.30. When I do, I get "ERR: VERSION". How can I stop this error and get my program moved? I have the same problem for the same program if it's in a Group.
taking a wild guess, there's probably a command in the PIRATE program that does not exist on OS 2.30
Ah, maybe. Any suggestions on what was added between 2.3 and 2.55MP?
CalebHansberry wrote:
Ah, maybe. Any suggestions on what was added between 2.3 and 2.55MP?

try this maybe? http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:OS:VersionDifferences
The MathPrint OSes introduced some new tokens into the OS. The older OSes cannot handle these tokens, so a version error is thrown when a program containing those tokens is transferred. Version errors also occur when trying to transfer a program containing lowercase letters to a TI-83, and for the same reason (the TI-83 OS is unable to handle the lowercase letters).
Hmm, that's a problem - the program is so large, a general search through can never find a certain token, especially as I still don't know what token is at fault. It's literally over 9000 bytes in size (could that prevent transmission?).
Aha! I found the problem: 2.55 includes the token "RandIntNoRep(", which 2.30 turned to "Not Supported". I only was able to discover this by somehow one of my prior versions of PIRATE got onto the 2.30 (maybe I sandpapered it once?). After changing the token to RandInt(, it sent fine. I did like that command though. Still, problem solved!

Error message on 2.30 calc:

Token on 2.55MP:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours