Last month, we introduced you to the first Cemetech Projects of the Month news feature. This new monthly post highlights the latest and great projects posted by Cemetech members and staff alike, and includes everything from recently-inaugurated experiments to completed programs. Our curated highlights from June 2014:
  • Modular CBL Program: TI and Vernier's powerful Calculator-Based Logger (CBL) hardware let you use your calculator for a host of science-related logging and analysis functions. Unfortunately, the available non-TI-Nspire software for the devices is sparse at best. CVSoft has been working and updating his CBL modular program on and off for six months. Late in June, he upgraded the abilities of the program to handle multiple sensor channels at once. There are other, smaller improvements he's working on, plus he has ideas on expanding options for displaying collected data.

• Scogger TI: Scogger TI is a port from the Android Platform. It is a puzzle game where you steer a frog from lily pad to lily pad until you clear the waters of them. Currently on hold until more level data can be compiled. You can check out his blog here for more information.

• xLIBC Updates: tr1p1ea has been busy applying fixes to xLIBC this past month. Firstly, the issues with Output( have been addressed. He has also added to several functions to expand upon the awesomeness that is xLIBC.

• KnightOS Updates: Knight OS has received a game ported over to it; Phoenix by Patrick Davidson, ported by SirCmpwn. At this time, the programs still have to be built into the OS since it doesn't yet have any linking support.

• Grammer Copter: Grammer Copter is a Flappy Bird-like game, only you fly a helicopter around the pipe openings without touching them. This was made with the Grammer 2 library, which shows off some impressive functionality!

• Undeleter CSE: "<DrDnar> It's just something I threw together last night because I accidentally lost my Solitaire high score in a RAM reset. | <DrDnar> So I wrote the undeleter to get it back. | <DrDnar> It took like 3 hours, and I was watching TV while doing it." If you have a monochrome TI-83+/TI-84+, DrDnar has an Archive Undeleter for you too.

• Doors CSE 8.1 RC1: After many hours of poking the code with a pointy object, Kerm has released Doors CSE 8.1 RC1. This version is just a release candidate; be sure to make sure all projects are backed up before using it, as this version may contain unknown bugs. This version now allows you to run Applications, takes care of bugs within Celtic's 'read from program/appvar' function, and adds functionality with xLIBC! Give it a spin and see of you can find any bugs. If you do, make sure to post in the appropriate topic.

• TI Image: This little project by ElectronicsGeek is a converter that converts an image into hex code usable on the 83+/84+ line of calculators. In the linked post, he shows off how well the script works by showing a before and after of the image.

• LibHelper: Is a utility for on the calculator programmers that might do programming away from a computer, and from the knowledge base of the DCS wiki. This file shows each function that Doors CSE offers and gives a condensed description on how to each. Project was released in anticipation of Doors CSE 8.1 release.

• Source Seekers: This homescreen based 'dungeon/looter' game was started back in May, and finished on the 12th. In this game you look for rare artifacts, and bounce between combat oriented maps, and maps where you have to solve puzzles. It has been released into the Cemetech Archives.

• Text Editor 84+CSE: This interesting project by Unknownloner shows off the start of a text editor, meant to allow you to edit code (BASIC, and potentially others) in a faster way than the editor, while also customizing the look.

• Pokemon Battle Factory: Well, what to say about this. Remember that time, where you were hit by a freight train? Well, this is kind of like that. Out of nowhere, a new user by the name LAT10S popped on the forum and dropped this bomb shell on us. It is a Pokemon fighting game, based off of Emerald version's Battle Factory. You get to choose from a multitude of Pokemon, all with various attacks, to fight. This game boasts amazing graphics in pretty much all things. Give it a look-see if you're into Pokemon at all!

• Flag Database: Flags database was recently released as version 0.6, giving users access to 206 flags, sorted alphabetically by country, and a quiz function to allow you to test your knowledge of what flag goes to each country! The author (such a lazy guy) claims future updates will contain US state flags, and historical flags. We'll report if he ever does that.

• Eigenmath Prizm: Eigenmath is a symbolic math program, available from the Mac store, on Windows, Linux, and apparently the Nintendo DS systems. gbl08ma has recently released 0.8 of his program, adding some changes and new features. If you have a Prizm and need some upgrades to your mathing abilities, give this a look!

Is your project missing? We might have decided it didn't make the cut, or we might have overlooked it. All you have to do to make sure it appears in the future is to post up your latest progress, information, and screenshots in a topic here on Cemetech about the work you are doing, and we'll see what we can do. Enjoy the list, and keep on programming!
Another great job collecting all these projects and posting them up, tifreak8x! As I said on IRC, I'm very excited to see all of the exciting new (and old) projects in the community getting recognition. I hope that this also helps push some of these authors to put more effort into projects that might otherwise languish without recognition. I am particularly excited about projects like CBLM, which I think meets Peter Balyta's challenge to us to see what educational material we can create that pushes the boundaries of TI's core science and math focus, and Flag Database, which shows that educational calculator programs can be more than just math and physics solvers. Congrats to all the authors!
If I remember correctly one of you guys said that you would include Fiddle in this article. Unfortunately I do not see Fiddle. just curious did it just slip your mind. What gives?!

PS. And yes I did work on Fiddle during the month of June.

PPS.
tifreak8x wrote:
I will admit my failing on recognizing Fiddle, my mistake. As for calchub, it has nothing to do with calculators, and wouldn't have been included.

You should get some updating done on Fiddle so it can appear in next month's posting. Smile
spud2451 wrote:
If I remember correctly one of you guys said that you would include Fiddle in this article. Unfortunately I do not see Fiddle. just curious did it just slip your mind. What gives?!

PS. And yes I did work on Fiddle during the month of June.
I made the executive decision, based on this post, that the changes and the project were not sufficiently notable to include. All of the programs listed in the article above had extensive work completed during the month, had clear outcomes of their progress, and had clear value to the community. As always, I urge you to continue working on your projects, but remember that our decisions on what to feature are our own, just as ticalc.org chooses to feature programs based on strict criteria for featuring only extraordinary programs.
OK! Thank you Kerm all i wanted was an explanation. If you feel I did not complete enough work on the project this month then that's OK. I plan to add a graphical interface and some more API changes soon so look out for those.
spud2451 wrote:
OK! Thank you Kerm all i wanted was an explanation. If you feel I did not complete enough work on the project this month then that's OK. I plan to add a graphical interface and some more API changes soon so look out for those.
Great, good luck with those. I think your project would look a lot more attractive to us if you got some of the community's other programmers to write some programs that work with your shell. To me, that's the real measure of whether a shell is worthwhile or just a toy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours