I got a problem with my ti-83 plus. I had somehow managed to mess the os, and now when i turn the calculator up it will just show RAM cleared and then when i pres on once more it won't even move. I did clear and battery out. And when I make it with del and battery out it says: Waiting... Please install calculator software now. I try to install with black cabel and TI connect but i can't connect it to computer. Every time i just get an error on the calculator. Is it posible that is bricked or something ? I'm using win7 64 bit. I can attach also photos. Thank you for your help.

Tomaž
Now here's the real question: Why are you pressing [ON] twice?
Becouse it freezes at RAM cleared. And no other button works except on and when i press it i only get smal block in left upper corner and it's frozen there i can't change brightness and even turn the calculator off I can only turn it off with pulling out one battery. I got new batteries and even new backup battery.
znjofl wrote:
Becouse it freezes at RAM cleared. And no other button works except on and when i press it i only get smal block in left upper corner and it's frozen there i can't change brightness and even turn the calculator off I can only turn it off with pulling out one battery. I got new batteries and even new backup battery.
It sounds to me like you have a stuck key somewhere, either a physically stuck key or a short somewhere in your keypad. Have you ever spilled anything on the calculator? Which black cable are you trying to use to load the OS, the serial cable? That will not work with TI-Connect, only the older TI-GraphLink software (and TILP). I recommend you try to use TILP if you have the black serial cable to reload the OS (but I'm not convinced it will fix things).
Ok, i'll open the calculator this week. I didnt spill anything but i got younger sister and maybe she did. I'm using serial cable. I didn't know that black and serial cable are the same until now. I'll try to open it and fix it this week and i'll let you know.
Thank you for your fast answer. =)
Today i took aparat my ti-83 plus, and with buttons seems nothing wrong. Here's the picture of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiogop0ai60lppi/2014-06-08%2016.37.55.jpg
Neither is any button stuck down. I even measured the connect for connection to pc and it's ok. Everything else look's fine so i'm out of ideas what's wrong. When i get home i'll try and connect serial connector direct to serial and not use usb to serial connector and try and reinstall OS. Do you think of any more problem why it wouldn't work ?
Do you think you could give us a picture of what the back side of the calculator looks like?
Ok. I took somepictures and also made a video shoving what is my exact problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4f8sc93xfluhq0/AACz36GfqkqqP8v6JuYWtQtDa
I can see that one pin on the connector is kind of bad. And there in the right corner in the same picture looks like some rust, but i don't think it could affect something, or it could ?

Tomaž
Today i tried and connect it through a serial port on an old xp pc. But it wont even recognize it. The port is ok i measured it. So what do you think is calculator somehow bricked or is it just bad cable ? Should i try and buy usb cabel and try it or should i just buy a new calculator ?
New calculator is around 100€, and the cable would cost me around 15€.

Tomaž

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours