acole wrote:
I have iOS 7 and I cannot load the jpeg. I get an invalid ROM size error.

We can't read minds yet, mind telling us more info on how you're getting this image to the iPad? Dropbox & iCloud are both recommended. Mail, iMessage (and likely AirDrop) resize the image to a smaller size and the processing script can't interpret accurate data that.
comicIDIOT wrote:
acole wrote:
I have iOS 7 and I cannot load the jpeg. I get an invalid ROM size error.

We can't read minds yet, mind telling us more info on how you're getting this image to the iPad? Dropbox & iCloud are both recommended. Mail, iMessage (and likely AirDrop) resize the image to a smaller size and the processing script can't interpret accurate data that.
Indeed, please make sure you're using Dropbox or iCloud, and also let us know more about which iDevice and which browser you're using. We've heard this from another iOS 7 user, so if you are indeed replicating the same issue, it would be good to know.
I have used iCloud and photo stream but it has not worked. Has anyone tried ios8 and jpg rom? Please advise!
Can you please specify more information? Do you get an error? What device? I just captured this video from my iPhone 6 using a JPG ROM from my Photo Stream.

Keep in mind the emulator runs *really* slow on mobile devices, as you'll witness in the video. You may also have to turn it on by tapping the [ON] key on the emulator or by tapping the calculators virtual LCD screen.

No error...it just sits! Have tried tapping both on key and screen. Have tried ipad and iPhone 5s both on iOS 7.
dckotwal wrote:
No error...it just sits! Have tried tapping both on key and screen. Have tried ipad and iPhone 5s both on iOS 7.
The only difference I can think of is that you're using iOS 7 and comicIDIOT used iOS 8 (and I think elfprince13's test also used iOS Cool. Does anyone have an iOS 7 device they could use to test this out?
My iPhone is iOS 7, but jsTIfied doesn't fit the screen very well.
elfprince13 wrote:
My iPhone is iOS 7, but jsTIfied doesn't fit the screen very well.
Does it at least load the ROM and turn on, though? If we could at least confirm that it works on some iOS 7 devices, we could perhaps make strides towards identifying dcktowal's issue.
I can get a ROM to load, but can't seem to make the calculator turn on. The CSS is also completely borked in mobile view on my phone, and I have to use the desktop interface.
elfprince13 wrote:
I can get a ROM to load, but can't seem to make the calculator turn on.
Aha, that's the same issue that dckotwal was encountering. Do you have any insight into what might be going on? Does it turn on if you try to send files to it? Are there any errors in the console?
I'll poke at it some more tomorrow =)
elfprince13 wrote:
Greatly appreciated on behalf of myself, dckotwal, and the rest of our iOS 7-using memberbase. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Greatly appreciated on behalf of myself, dckotwal, and the rest of our iOS 7-using memberbase. Wink
Gentle bump to poke at this elfprince13. Smile I'm almost tempted to try to get an iOS device of some sort at this point just to try to get to the bottom of this. Razz
Thanks ! I wanted to to reaffirm another point. When I upload the TI84 ROM jpg file, the calculator skin that shows up is TI83 plus and not TI84 plus.(and of course it does not work). This only happens with IOS 7 (both ipad and iphone 5s). On my Windows desktop if I upload the same jpg file,it works perfectly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours