One or two days ahead of schedule, depending on how you figure it, Doors CS 6.4 beta has been completed. This release contains both new features and a host of bug fixed based on all of your helpful reports on Doors CS 6.3 beta. Among the most notable new features is the completed "Homerun" parser hook, which allows BASIC and ASM programs, whether nostub or written for a shell, in ROM or in RAM, and even Doors CS AP files such as Document DE files, to be run directly from the homescreen. This is made possible by a complete overhaul of the program execution system (RunProg) within Doors CS, which some of you may have been following over the last several weeks. Another new feature is much more powerful FileOpen, FileSave, and FileSaveAs routines, which will be a boon for programmers writing programs for DCS7 that work with files. With some heroic assistance from the indomitable Brandon Wilson, I traced some very difficult bugs, and patch quite a number of more minor bugs. As always, I worked on several small tweaks to improve the user experience. It is recommended that you don't use Document DE 6 with this release, as FileOpen and FileSaveAs are unstable under TI-OS 2.41 and 2.53MP.

Please give this release a try, and continue to let me know about bugs that you find, features that you'd like, and comments that you have. Doors CS 6.5 beta, planned for June 20th or earlier, will contain a full set of XLib and Celtic III compatibility routines. For more information about my ongoing progress on the project, please feel free to browse around the Doors CS wiki, particularly the Doors CS 7 Scratchwork page. Relevant to this release is information on the Runprog Chaining page.

Edit: Updated the zip with a new .8xk, with several high-profile bug fixed based on feedback by Qazz42 and TIFreak8x, as well as an early beta of Document DE 7.

Download:
Doors CS 6.4 beta

Nice! I'm waiting for the official DCS 7 before I try though. Don't want any unforeseen proofs of Murphy's Law screwing up my projects. Transferring stuff to and from the computer for an hour because something went awry doesn't sound like a fun evening :X

Also, with HomeRun, why even have need for a physical GUI shell? O_o
1. doc7 works fine

2. you awsome

3 BOOM!!! Head asploded
See if you can replicate this first.

I created a basic program, named 'A'

Only thing in it is :Input A

Now, if you press 2nd-Mode, it does nothing, press 2nd-On, it does nothing. Type in a number, and restart the program. Just press 2nd-On. Calc powers off. I think whatever you use to fix the one problem has to be caught first to make the on key not work.

Edit:

Tried out Doc DE with the zip, typed in 'POKEMON PURPLE IS AWESOME" and clicked save. Moving the mouse around causes random pixels (in groups) to be deleted and reappear in random places on the screen.
tifreak8x wrote:
See if you can replicate this first.

I created a basic program, named 'A'

Only thing in it is :Input A

Now, if you press 2<sup>nd</sup>-Mode, it does nothing, press 2<sup>nd</sup>-On, it does nothing. Type in a number, and restart the program. Just press 2<sup>nd</sup>-On. Calc powers off. I think whatever you use to fix the one problem has to be caught first to make the on key not work.
No, this is a known stupidity of how the TI-OS works, and I had hoped no one would catch it. There's a flag in the OS that controls whether [2nd][ON] will turn off the calculator at a GetKey, or return the kOff scancode. Right before I call _ParseInp to run a BASIC program, I set the flag to make it return kOff, but the parser instantly switches it back to turning off the calculator. In the RawKeyHook that catches [2nd][QUIT], I turn it back to kOff, and after that it stays. Therefore, you can press [2nd][ON] as the FIRST keypress in a program via Input or Prompt, but all subsequent keypresses have it blocked. Try this - press (anything), then [2nd][ON] at the input.

Quote:
Edit:

Tried out Doc DE with the zip, typed in 'POKEMON PURPLE IS AWESOME" and clicked save. Moving the mouse around causes random pixels (in groups) to be deleted and reappear in random places on the screen.
Since this is the 8th time someone has mentioned this to me, I know that you're using 2.53MP. :/

*bump* The zip has been updated with a new .8xk containing several bug fixes, as well as an early beta of Document DE 7.
Bug reports:

1) The power off still doesn't work correctly on the Nspire.

2) I tried running a BASIC program for the Homescreen. When I pressed [Clear] to exit it, the 1st time my calc rebooted (this might mean that you used an undocumented command somewhere in the Homescreen execution code). The next times however, it didn't reboot but displayed "ERR:MEMORY", even though the program itself was less than 1kb. When I went to the memory menu, there was 23kb of free RAM and had 2 strange items: an "asmexec" and a "chain" (I'm not sure that this was their exact names, but you get the idea).

NB: I'm on 2.54MP (Nspire)
Silver Shadow wrote:
Bug reports:

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to look at that yet.

Silver Shadow wrote:
2) I tried running a BASIC program for the Homescreen. When I pressed [Clear] to exit it, the 1<sup>st</sup> time my calc rebooted (this might mean that you used an undocumented command somewhere in the Homescreen execution code). The next times however, it didn't reboot but displayed "ERR:MEMORY", even though the program itself was less than 1kb. When I went to the memory menu, there was 23kb of free RAM and had 2 strange items: an "asmexec" and a "chain" (I'm not sure that this was their exact names, but you get the idea).

That's weird, sounds like something interrupted the ParserHook. I was unable to replicate the problem on 2.41, TI-84+SE, using the same HEXPIC program as you.
Forgot to mention another bug: after I got that ERR:MEMORY message, [2nd]+[On] didn't work, so I couldn't turn off the calc.
more testing for me XD
schoolhacker wrote:
more testing for me XD
Yup, and thanks for your help. Smile

Silver Shadow wrote:
Forgot to mention another bug: after I got that ERR:MEMORY message, [2nd]+[On] didn't work, so I couldn't turn off the calc.
Yup, that's because DCS got interrupted without an opportunity to clean up its hooks. You're seeing the effects of the hook that prevents you from hitting 2nd-off from an Input, Prompt, or Pause and thus escaping DCS prematurely.
Silver Shadow wrote:
Bug reports:

2) I tried running a BASIC program for the Homescreen. When I pressed [Clear] to exit it, the 1<sup>st</sup> time my calc rebooted (this might mean that you used an undocumented command somewhere in the Homescreen execution code). The next times however, it didn't reboot but displayed "ERR:MEMORY", even though the program itself was less than 1kb. When I went to the memory menu, there was 23kb of free RAM and had 2 strange items: an "asmexec" and a "chain" (I'm not sure that this was their exact names, but you get the idea).

Apparently you dont listen.

As I stated earlier, every emu OS on Nspire OS 1.7-2.0 WILL have the bug

There ya go.
Just a small question:
I see you use direct calling for garbage collection. Is your routine OS-independent?
New bug found:
if the TI-BASIC Editor is launched from within DCS, the cursor dissapears!!! Evil or Very Mad
And the alpha toggle (in the top right corner) doesn't display either.

However, you can still edit the program without the cursor, even though it's not very easy. Razz
Silver Shadow wrote:
New bug found:
if the TI-BASIC Editor is launched from within DCS, the cursor dissapears!!! Evil or Very Mad

However, you can still edit the program without the cursor, even though it's not very easy. Razz
I can't seem to replicate this bug. I can, however, replicate that a Syntax Error occurs when trying to edit a locked program. O_O
[crossposted from omnimaga]
Oooh, I found a bug I believe. try and run a program that has errors, then press quit, and then clear. Then try and turn your calc off.
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:
New bug found:

I can't seem to replicate this bug. I can, however, replicate that a Syntax Error occurs when trying to edit a locked program. O_O

Note that I have 2.54MP. The mix of MP and Nspire can be very bad for asm programs.
Try replicating on an Nspire emu.
Is 2.41 the only non-MP 84+ OS version that you're aware of for which it is unstable?
I beleive so....
_player1537 wrote:
[crossposted from omnimaga]
Oooh, I found a bug I believe. try and run a program that has errors, then press quit, and then clear. Then try and turn your calc off.
Thanks for that. I found and fixed this bug; the fix will be in the next beta.

Silver Shadow wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:
New bug found:

Note that I have 2.54MP. The mix of MP and Nspire can be very bad for asm programs.
Try replicating on an Nspire emu.
Is there such a thing? I didn't think there was an Nspire emulator yet.

On a different note, I have all of Celtic's code (well, the non-frontend stuff) integrated into Doors CS, and it actually seems moderately functional! XLib XLib Revolution works flawlessly, for example. I'm sure I'll need to do lots more debugging and optimizing, but I'm well on track for June 20th for this.
There is a Nspire EMU but it is very unstable and unuseable and only supports OS 1.1

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours