Discuss it here.
The Blog: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56781
1) since they aren't in the same subforum (wtf is this doing in "other" when there is a calculator AND cem labs subforum?), link these two (aka, put a link in here to the blog, and put a link to here in the blog)

2) PICTURES!

3) Uh...what is this supposed to be? What are you going to do? Its hard to discuss something when you didn't give all the info Razz It feels like I skipped to page 3 of this, even though its the first post.....
I'm guessing that Kerm's asking us to make up our own ultimate calculator. Smile
Heh, no, Kerm's making the "Ultamate Calculator" (see "The Ulatamate Calculator | Blog") - but like I said, since they are in different subforums, its hard to connect the two without at least a link Razz (<insert reiteration of point 3 above>)
No, I'm making an Ultimate Calculator. Edited the first post of both topics to link to the other one.
Can this also be moved to the same subforum though? That would make more sense....

Oh, and what about points 2 and 3 above?
Pictures will be coming as soon as I can find a working camera around here.

As far as what I'm making, I'm trying to cook up the most advanced and attractive and far-out calculator possible. Current plans:

» CSA Mod: 100%
» PS/2 Port: 100%
» Cutout Windows: 100%
» Painted case, maroon with silver stripes: 10%
» Possible backlight for windows? 0%
Wow, good work. I have to admit that I'm not going to start bouncing off the walls with excitement until I can see some pictures.

noos serutcip tsop lliw uoy, serutcip tsop ot tnaw uoy; serutcip tsop lliw uoY
Of course, and I hope to post them up as soon as I can figure out where that #$%^ed camera went... Razz
wow Kerm that is REALLY cool. make one for all of us. ^^ loljkjk. good luck with it.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
wow Kerm that is REALLY cool. make one for all of us. ^^ 0x5. good luck with it.
Thanks, but it takes long enough to make one. Very Happy Moving steadily along; painting is my next big task.
You camera reminds me of minds of mine! It can't focus at short ranges! Mad

However, I noticed your case is metal. Unless thats a reflection off the glossy paint. I usually know my reflections though.

I like the openings in the back. Comin' along very well mate! Lotsa pieces!

Hey, whiel yuor at it, replace your RAM in the calc, I've been wanting to put a 512MB in mine o.0 (possibly to big, dimension wise, though).

Keep it up 100% mate!
lookin pree' schweet. lol could you make an 'off' button. 2nd on is 1 button to much >.< lol
Quote:
However, I noticed your case is metal. Unless thats a reflection off the glossy paint. I usually know my reflections though.
Nope, it's the regular black case from the photos in the previous post, sanded and painted.

Quote:
Hey, whiel yuor at it, replace your RAM in the calc, I've been wanting to put a 512MB in mine o.0 (possibly to big, dimension wise, though).
No can do. The OS would have no idea how to interface it. Sad

Edit: @Pseudo: ty! Hehe, no thx. Smile
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

Find its Macro mode. If its any sort of decent camera, it will have one. Thats how you get clear close-ups Smile

Quote:

Except in this. That is definitely plastic (if you don't believe me just scroll up and look at the UNPAINTED pics Razz ) Besides, that definitely just looks like wet paint to me. It doesn't resemble the reflection of metal at all

EDIT: Heh, Kerm beat me Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

Find its Macro mode. If its any sort of decent camera, it will have one. Thats how you get clear close-ups Smile
It's a random webcam I just found in an old equipment closet. It's not decent. Razz

Kllrnohj wrote:
Quote:

Except in this. That is definitely plastic (if you don't believe me just scroll up and look at the UNPAINTED pics Razz ) Besides, that definitely just looks like wet paint to me. It doesn't resemble the reflection of metal at all

EDIT: Heh, Kerm beat me Smile
But it's not wet paint, either - it's dry paint!
KermMartian wrote:
It's a random webcam I just found in an old equipment closet. It's not decent. Razz

I guess you missed that I was quoting some18kanal0n3 Rolling Eyes

KermMartian wrote:
But it's not wet paint, either - it's dry paint!

Interesting. High-gloss paint then?
Yup, it's Testors enamel paint for models. We'll see what the durability is like; I may need to put some varnish on top.
Why will the OS have trouble interfacing? Cause everyting is stored on the RAM as an Archive? Why not go into TI-Connect and reinstall the OS? o.0

As for the Macro mode, I will check into that. (Konica Minolta DiMage G400, quite old. so) yeah..

Wow, 4 posts while I typed one o.0
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Why will the OS have trouble interfacing? Cause everyting is stored on the RAM as an Archive? Why not go into TI-Connect and reinstall the OS? o.0

Because the OS isn't coded to recognize it. Just like you can't run DDR2 RAM in a DDR system. Just like some older computers can't even use 4GB (the max that 32-bit x86 allows) because the memory manager doesn't support beyond some limit (like 1 or 2GB)

And thats all assuming that its even hardware compatible

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours