» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Well, by popular demand, the 3rd Cemetech contest shall be 3D. Now what in 3D, I am not going to be picky on, but it must be 3D. This contest will follow the standard rules, as in pure BASIC, and all that stuff. Contest will start immediatly and will conclude along with the year 2006. This should be enough time to finish the contest, just remember to not party too hard until you have the contest in the inbox. Contest's shall be submitted to contest [at] cemetech [dot] net as always. Times are CST, as always, can't wait. Good luck, and good coding.
News posted to the front page and linked to this post.
I wonder what people will come up with...

Could we also submit an engine separately (that renders a scene and the person just needs to add conditional?)

Also, how many submissions? (Mine would probably all be the same stuff, but I could do a lot with it Neutral )
Submit as many different pieces as you want; just pack them all into one zip and upload it; the zip will be judged as a whole.
Ok, good (by the way, on mine, I think I have managed to pack all of the routines to draw different walls into the size of 1 picture, now to make a program to decide what to draw Razz )
Harq wrote:
Ok, good (by the way, on mine, I think I have managed to pack all of the routines to draw different walls into the size of 1 picture, now to make a program to decide what to draw Razz )
Excellent, Harq! Glad to hear you're moving right along with your entry,.
so do generaters count, even if they have no actual drawing, and do 3d pictures count
Glenn wrote:
so do generaters count, even if they have no actual drawing, and do 3d pictures count

What do you mean by that? As in 3d image generators?

Oh yeah, and also, do you think you could spread this one around a little? It will be more fun with more people Wink
Glenn wrote:
No, and no. It has to be ACTUAL 3d, not just a program drawing a preset bunch of line()s.
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:
No, and no. It has to be ACTUAL 3d, not just a program drawing a preset bunch of line()s.

So something like ultra tournament II wouldn't work? Doesn't it just display pic variables?
I think he meant it had to be interactive, not displaying the same thing every time.
calc84maniac wrote:
I think he meant it had to be interactive, not displaying the same thing every time.
Exactly. And yeah, uT2 would work because it combines different pieces together. If it was a separate complete image for every possible hall configuration, it wouldn't be ok.
in part of my post i mentioned an image generater what about that, the idea being you pass it a few vars in a list, and then it generates an image based on that, like i would pass in the fact to draw a cube, that side leanth is 10, and to put it at a 30 degree angle, and of coarse it would work with a few shapes, i might try that if it would count
Glenn wrote:
in part of my post i mentioned an image generater what about that, the idea being you pass it a few vars in a list, and then it generates an image based on that, like i would pass in the fact to draw a cube, that side leanth is 10, and to put it at a 30 degree angle, and of coarse it would work with a few shapes, i might try that if it would count

try making a non-wireframed based one.
all i could do is wireframe, and non-wireframe i think is impossable, at least to do it right (with shading)
Glenn wrote:
all i could do is wireframe, and non-wireframe i think is impossable, at least to do it right (with shading)
/me points to Brix Builder Beta 4 - perspective, hidden-line, and shading.
Look what happens, starts as soon as I'm off for a while. Well good, I'll begin my entry immediatly. Mine will definitly be raycasting and/or something close to it. I'll leave you all to say how close you think it/they is/are. I'll try to keep everyone updated on my progress.
Sage Orator wrote:
Look what happens, starts as soon as I'm off for a while. Well good, I'll begin my entry immediatly. Mine will definitly be raycasting and/or something close to it. I'll leave you all to say how close you think it/they is/are. I'll try to keep everyone updated on my progress.

Don't give us too much information. Wink You can post up percentage complete or something, but don't give away the details. It should be a surprise Very Happy
Yeah, the less info you release beforehand, the better, even though we don't have strict no-info rules like some of the contests on UTI and elsewhere.
That was the plan. For example, "Done with rendering routine, on to main game portion." That's all I plan to leak about what the program will be.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours