I've known about Rosetta Code for a while, but it recently occurred to me to check whether the major calculator languages were represented. Turns out 83/84 BASIC, 89 BASIC, and Z80 are all accounted for, but Axe was not. So I started a page for it.

If you're not familiar with Rosetta Code, it's basically a wiki that catalogs any and all programming languages. It has a long list of "tasks" which people can implement in their programming language of choice and post as an example to all.

I've been working on implementing some of the basic tasks so far, but it would be great if others wanted to help! There's an auto-generated list of tasks that haven't been implemented yet available here. Some of them are not possible/practical, but many of them can be done with some creative thinking (e.g. using appvars instead of files).

Also, the BASIC and Z80 categories could always use some help if you're more comfortable with those than Axe. Just keep in mind that Z80 code should be platform-agnostic and should therefore not use BCALLs or any other TI-OS-specific functionality.
Thanks for reminding me|us that Rosetta Code exists, ajcord. It certainly looks like there are many missing programs there, which gives me an excellent idea: we have been doing Code Golf contests, and I'll let the collective abilities of our competitive code golfers help fill in some of those missing TI-BASIC programs. Good luck adding Axe programs as well, and hopefully some of our Axe programmers will be willing to assist.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours