When I try to use Wabbitemu, it works until I try to send something to it, either by opening a file or dragging it. Then it just closes itself, and I don't know why this is happening. What should I do if I have already tried redownloading it?
Recent builds of WabbitEmu have been known to be unstable. Try downloading an old version, or just use jsTIfied. Wink
For some reason, jsTIfied never worked for me. Whenever I do load a new ROM, I can't do anything because the calculator won't turn on and it always says to make sure the file I am trying to give it is compatible.
readroof2 wrote:
For some reason, jsTIfied never worked for me. Could you tell me exactly how to use it?
Can you be more specific? Almost every emulator, WabbitEmu and jsTIfied included, requires that you first load the ROM from your real calculator onto the emulator (to ensure you own the real calculator), then simply press the buttons, drag files onto the LCD, take screenshots, and so on.

Edit: It sounds like you aren't going to the ROM tab to load a ROM. Smile
Does the file I drag have to be just the program, unzipped, or can I drag the whole zip file? And actually, it just worked for the first time. I was able to turn the calculator on, and I just need to be able to send stuff to it now.
Can I ask you to try another version of wabbit emu? You can find it at http://wabbit.keepdream.in

KermM in the last release of wabbit emu they squashed a lot of the memory leaks that they were having bringing it back to the realm of happily stable. Which is rather nice.
readroof2 wrote:
Does the file I drag have to be just the program, unzipped, or can I drag the whole zip file? And actually, it just worked for the first time. I was able to turn the calculator on, and I just need to be able to send stuff to it now.
None of the existing emulators can parse out the calculator files in a zip file, to my knowledge. You need to unzip it first.
geekboy1011 wrote:
KermM in the last release of wabbit emu they squashed a lot of the memory leaks that they were having bringing it back to the realm of happily stable. Which is rather nice.
That's great news; I didn't know anyone was doing anything on the mainline build. Thanks for the info. Smile
Yeah buckeye is actively maintaining his branch. We just work on other things and I don't feel like dealing with Codeplex to help. So that's really the reason i have my branch at this point. I try to keep up to date with any of his changes though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours