[deleted irrelevant wrong information from 2015]
The 82A brings together software and hardware tinkerers Razz

- BrandonW did exploit something since he said he was able to execute code.

- Over at TI-Planet, critor et al. (not much me because I'm pretty bad at electronics, actually), on an 84+ running the 82A OS, are trying to create some little circuit to get a/the blinking LED of PTT (which will be something needed in French exams from 2018 on), since the voltage measured at the end of the jack was fluctuating and periodic, depending on the PTT state. The goal of this is to make the 84+ (and 84+SE (== 83+.fr USB) whenever a way is found to run the 82A on it) be technically valid for 2018+ French exams.
parrotgeek2 wrote:
I didn't realize it was possible for standardized test companies to be crappier than the ones in the US, wow.

They will basically require having a PTT cleaning the memory + blinking LED.

parrotgeek2 wrote:
Do you know how to extract/add apps to a 82u file?

Eh, I haven't messed with the OS at all. BrandonW, at least, knows, though.
I emailed brandonw and this is what he said
Quote:
We don't yet have an 82A boot code dump, so we don't know, but we do have code execution via the OS, so we are prepared to deal with that being fixed. It is fixed on the 83PCE/84+CE.

EDIT:

Quote:
It's the oldest trick in the book -- corrupted memory backups.

I don't actually have the calculator, I can only run the OS on my 84+ -- but those who do have it have taken pictures of the inside and confirmed that it uses exactly the same ASIC and other hardware as the 84+/84+SE. Boot code changes cannot affect how this works.

Until now no one has bothered to understand how to transfer memory backups via direct USB -- no tools exist to transfer them currently, so I'm still in the middle of writing one. When I can clean it up and provide people a way to actually run it, I will release it.

Hope that helps,
Brandon
The item about adding support for the DUSB memory backup transfer protocol, against 84+(SE), 84+CSE and 82A, entered the libti* wish list yesterday.

* two-way file I/O (libtifiles, files8x.c) should be painless, given that DUSB memory backups have the same number of parts as DBUS memory backups do;
* the protocol is a matter of building+sending, and later receiving+parsing, the appropriate (and already documented) set of attributes, with the appropriate content. libticalcs, calc_84p.c is involved.
Quote:
Does TI Connect CE know how to transfer those files?

I don't know about TI-Connect CE, but AFAICT, TI-Connect doesn't expose the DUSB memory backup functionality. Otherwise, we'd have known about the protocol much earlier, without using a standalone USB analyzer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours