So I finally got around to doing some spring cleaning of my own. It took me all day just to sort out my table/workbench into labeled tubs and bins. I was super proud of myself so I took a picture (you can see my 3D printer stuff in one of the "ongoing projects" bins as well as my calc controller)

Then I thought: "Where better to share this than Cemetech?" (because of the contents of the bins)
So now I want to see who else has been so proud of their spring cleaning and share it here! I hope to see lots of good pictures Smile
It's a long process for me. It started with my new job and all the pamphlets, paperwork and, handbooks I was given. I realized my existing file cabinet (which was basically a plastic portable file box) was full and nothing has been properly filed for years. So I got myself a nice lateral two drawer file cabinet and spread everything out in that. Now I need to sort through it all again and toss the stuff I don't need any more - such as maybe statements from a bank I had 6 years ago? - and scan it in to my computer.

Next up is going to be my room. I've got my bed in front of my closet because - at the time - it made the most sense. I got optimal floor space and a great flow of furniture: Computer & TV on one wall with my bed across the way so I can sit back and watch a movie comfortably with friends or myself. Well, the thing I didn't anticipate was my laziness. Instead of putting clothes back on the closet after a wash I'll have a pile on the floor for clean clothes which I basically just live off of until I need to do laundry again.

I probably won't be done fully sorting my file cabinet and cleaning/rearranging my room until the end of May.

Thankfully my computer is kept pretty organized. I find it easier to sort and file digital things than physical ones. Perhaps the keywords, color tags and, smart folders which allows me to keep things visually identifiable and sortable. I'll turn a file red if I need to act on it, green if it's important, purple if I need to get back to it, etc etc. The smart folders collect these into themselves so I can see what needs to be done rather than going to each folder and checking manually. It's kinda like a todo list but... better? All my tasks are clickable and open in their respective programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours