Unicorn wrote:
Any ideas for my fourth that is not an Nspire

I really like the TI-89 Titanium, as it is very useful for higher level maths later on, and includes many helpful apps and features for other types of subjects. And Mario 68k. Razz Although its implementation of lists and matrices is a bit odd, it is still a nice calculator to have.

Oh, and time to update my list a little:

TI83+
TI84+
TI84+CSE
TI89 Titanium

Woot woot: 3 more calculators since my last post here. Razz
Unicorn wrote:

Any ideas for my fourth that is not an Nspire?

How about a TI-89? Rolling Eyes
sonic2000gr wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Any ideas for my fourth that is not an Nspire?

How about a TI-89? Rolling Eyes

After looking at it,I think I'll try to get it. But only if I can find it under fifty$.
A TI-89 bundled with a TI-83+ I was trying to buy on eBay unfortunately went for 50 cents above my $13.30 bid last night. Granted, neither one was working, but both were in good cosmetic condition, so I think they were fixable. eBay can be a very good place to look for calculators, as long as you're (1) patient and (2) willing to snipe.
Just make sure that there's no missing columns on the screen. Those are super annoying and aren't directly repairable, and they tend to plague cheap eBay calculators.
CVSoft wrote:
Just make sure that there's no missing columns on the screen. Those are super annoying and aren't directly repairable, and they tend to plague cheap eBay calculators.

Just had one my 89s going bad with this exact problem the other night Sad It also seems they use the same kind of ribbon cable as the Voyage 200 which is impossible to repair.
I do not have any recent picture of my calculator collection, but here is the list of all calculator models I got right now:

Texas Instruments: TI-73, TI-80 (broken screen), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken link port), TI-83+, TI-83+SE (power management problem), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX

Hewlett-Packard: HP 39gII, HP Prime

Casio: fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400

My most recent purchase was the FX-9750GII. I got it for $35 at Target.
Updated pictures:

Full-size version: http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/calculators.jpg

Full-size version: http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/others.jpg

YouTube video where I talk about it:
Oh wow ^. That is a ton of calculators! Smile What do you use most of them for? And is that a white one in there I see? Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Oh wow ^. That is a ton of calculators! Smile What do you use most of them for? And is that a white one in there I see? Smile

I don't use them for anything.

The white one in the packaging is the TI-82 Plus, which is basically a TI-83 Plus.
New TI-82, with ROM 8.0!

Even more TI-82 coming soon!

Because tiny picture is tiny, click to enlarge. The detail is glorious.

Yeah, it hasn't even been that long since my last update. But, I have two more TI-82s! They are the two with ROM 10.0.
You're really keeping up with all those TI-82s! I'm sorry now that I sold off about 10 to 12 TI-82s a year or so back; I will try to look through the ones I still have to see if there are any that would be useful to your OS-finding efforts.
BrandonW: How much do you think you've spent on all your calcs/calc accessories in total?
I have a TI-84+ CSE. I also have a really nice scientific calculator that has 40 scientific constants stored on it. This calculator can also do 40 conversions. I also have a basic 4-function solar powered calc. I will post pics later. These last two are Casio.
Ivoah wrote:
BrandonW: How much do you think you've spent on all your calcs/calc accessories in total?

I'd be too scared/depressed to think about it.

Latest up to date collection thus far.

I'm looking to get:

83+
83+SE
84+SE
89TI

I really don't know what other calcs I'd consider going after otherwise.
Thanks to Shaun, my collection has gained some new additions:
- CBL 2, with some probes
- Casio CFX-9850G
- Casio CFX-9850GB Plus
- Casio FX-9750GB
The Casio CFX-9850G wouldn't turn on, but luckily, it was an easy fix. There's a small switch in the battery compartment that is physically turned off when the battery compartment is unscrewed, and prevents data loss when the main batteries are removed. I simply soldered across the contacts so that it's always on, even when the battery cover is removed, and voila, the calculator turned on.

I also have a pre-revision-A TI-84 Plus Silver Edition that will be making its way to Ivoah, from which I took photos of the mainboard. I haven't spotted anything particularly interesting yet, but the photo is below in case any other eagle-eyed EE finds anything. I have higher-resolution photos if needed.

Can't wait for my 84+ SE and 85 to arrive Very Happy
I found that one calculator, its a TI-36x Solar

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours