I bought a second-hand TI84 CSE last week. There were no problems but last night i tried to upload a couple of programs and the directusb is not working. I tried linking with my TI84+ using usb and that didn't work either. The charging light is working when I plug the calc in.

Thanks in advance
Ah, you may have fallen prey to one of the many pitfalls of TI linking. Are you perchance using TIConnect? If so, I would highly recommend that you try the newest TIConnect CE edition, available here: http://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/CA9C74CAD02440A69FDC7189D7E1B6C2/swticonnectcesoftware
That didn't solve the issue. Windows isn't 'seeing' my calc.
Should I buy a Siverlink?
biohax17 wrote:

Windows will not see your calculator as an external drive, hence the need for the software. Make sure to uninstall the linking programs first, restart, install the new one, restart, and then attempt to plug in your calculator with the CE software running. Be sure to not plug in your calculator before the final installation is complete, as this could lead to some issues.

If it can't see your calculator via USB, I see no reason as of yet for you to purchase a SilverLink. Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
biohax17 wrote:

Windows will not see your calculator as an external drive, hence the need for the software. Make sure to uninstall the linking programs first, restart, install the new one, restart, and then attempt to plug in your calculator with the CE software running. Be sure to not plug in your calculator before the final installation is complete, as this could lead to some issues.

If it can't see your calculator via USB, I see no reason as of yet for you to purchase a SilverLink. Smile

I mean Windows Device Manager doesn't see any hardware. And is it normal that mini-USB to mini-USB with TI84+ doesn't work?
You need to run TI Connect and the calc will show up in TI Connect, not windows device manager.
Unicorn wrote:
You need to run TI Connect and the calc will show up in TI Connect, not windows device manager.

TI Connect doesn't show my TI84 CSE but he shows my TI84+. Normally Windows Device Manager shows hardware when connected. But now that's not the case. I tried several usb cables.
Unicorn wrote:

Unicorn, that is actually not quite right. Wink It should be showing up here as well. It should be a "TI Graphing Calculator" Is it an unrecognized device, or is it just not appearing?

Also, be sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of TI Connect. Wink
Nothing appears. I have the latest version of TI Connect and TI Connect CE installed. Could my mini-usb be broken?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Unicorn, that is actually not quite right. Wink It should be showing up here as well. It should be a "TI Graphing Calculator" Is it an unrecognized device, or is it just not appearing?

Also, be sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of TI Connect. Wink

Oh, sorry, I meant the sidebar in Windows Explorer. (It doesn't show up there does it?
Unicorn wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Oh, sorry, I meant the sidebar in Windows Explorer. (It doesn't show up there does it?

No it doesn't. (is that even possible? :p)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours