I just want to know how I can import my doc. files to my calculator. I am not so good at computer things....

do somebody know how to import text to casio fx-cg 20?

- pk.dummies

:calc:
I don't personally own a casio, but I don't believe you can send just a .doc to it by itself. Hope this helps.
which type of files can i import?
As long as your goal is not cheating, you can copy and paste the text in the document into a .txt file, and then drag that directly onto your calculator, assuming you plugged it into your computer. You can also paste the text into SourceCoder 3 and export it as a new program, which you can also drag to your calculator.
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1162

Or use the link above to download an on-calc text editor.
pk.dummie wrote:
Which type of files can I import?

You are limited solely by what you or others or Casio have programmed support for and of course available flash and ram. If you want to view *.doc files without conversion you can write your own viewer. That is one advantage the Casio fx-cg10/fxcg-20 has over other calculators. It is not locked down.
KermMartian wrote:
As long as your goal is not cheating, you can copy and paste the text in the document into a .txt file, and then drag that directly onto your calculator, assuming you plugged it into your computer. You can also paste the text into SourceCoder 3 and export it as a new program, which you can also drag to your calculator.

Which folder?
pk.dummie it says right on the Tips page when you connect it via USB. Save File to @MainMem/Program and if it is a proper .txt file it should be converted to a program.
TheStorm wrote:
pk.dummie it says right on the Tips page when you connect it via USB. Save File to @MainMem/Program and if it is a proper .txt file it should be converted to a program.

I don´t understand the last part "program"
pk.dummie, you access the text files from the program editor on the calculator as when you copy a text file to the @MainMem/Program folder it gets converted into the Prizm Basic Program format.

I'm not sure what your native language is so if your Prizm is set to something other than English the word Program may be different on your calculator but the meaning should be the same.
TheStorm wrote:
pk.dummie, you access the text files from the program editor on the calculator as when you copy a text file to the @MainMem/Program folder it gets converted into the Prizm Basic Program format.

I'm not sure what your native language is so if your Prizm is set to something other than English the word Program may be different on your calculator but the meaning should be the same.

it is just the @MainMem that is on the folder when i open it on my computer i cant fint the other: @MainMem/program
The program folder is inside the @MainMem folder, the / means it is a sub folder.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours