Just in case, I didn't know where to put this topic, so I dumped it here.

Anyways, I am having trouble starting Tokens on Windows 7. tr1p1ea suggested downloading, .NET Framework 4.5.1, but I get an error downloading that: Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check.
I was told that it means that the file is corrupted, so I tried another version and when that still didn't work, I did some googling and ran a check to see if any of my files where corrupted, and the cmd said that it fixed them all.
Trying to install it again didn't work, so, I came to the conclusion that I can't install .NET Framework.
Is there any other way to run Tokens without it?
You should only need .NET 4. You can download it from Microsoft here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
I downloaded that and the same thing happened. So, can I not use Tokens?
... If you can't install .NET 4.0 on a Windows 7 machine, you have bigger problems than Tokens not working. But, no, you can not use Tokens without the .NET framework.
That means that the download of the .net framework installer you got is corrupted. Please try downloading it again and ensuring that the download completes before running it or turning off your pc. It may be best to use the webinstaller version of .net 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 (which Merth linked) and ensure that it has a chance to fully complete before leaving your pc. Note it can take a while be patient.
It gives me this file after about 3 seconds, then I run it. Should I wait longer, then run it?
No thats it. It should download and install the .net framework for you. Do you have administrator access on your PC? That may be needed to isntall .net I can not remember.
Also consider the following requirements, if the problem remains:
Quote:
Important: Make sure that your computer has the latest Windows service pack and critical updates. To find security updates, visit Windows Update. If you are installing on XP 64 bit or Windows 2003 you might need to install the Windows Imaging Component. The Windows Imaging Component 32 bit can be found here . The Windows Imaging Component 64 bit can be found here .
When I go to that page, it tells me to download. I then download the file and what I get is the one I linked to.
You have to run the file
I do that, and then I get the error. I know to run an install file. Razz
Maybe your hard drive is corrupted, try out the following:
Quote:
1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
2. Right-click the drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.
To perform a thorough check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.
To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
4. Click Start.
Depending on the size of your drive, this might take several minutes. For best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks while it is checking for errors.
Please note that if there are any bad sectors found during check disk, there could be data doss.
Unicorn wrote:
I did some googling and ran a check to see if any of my files where corrupted, and the cmd said that it fixed them all.

Anywho, I honestly have no idea what might be causing the problem as of yet, but it may be because the .NET framework is disabled? Try navigating to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features", and clicking on the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" on the left sidebar. Just select the option to enable it, and try again.

Just in case it isn't already working... Razz Meh, I'll see if there are any other weird reasons that would cause this.

EDIT: Of course, the best solution would be to buy a new computer. Probably isn't very practical though to install a single program. Smile
I might try on my moms computer if Mateo's suggestion doesn't work.
So I haven't tried Mateo's idea extensively, but would Tokens work using Wine on a Mac? I figure no, because it requires .NET Framework.
If you want to run a .NET program in Mac OS X, use Mono instead of Wine.
Can't do Mono, I am running on 10.6.8 32 bit. I could not find an older version with a google search either.
Awesome! I am now running tokens on my mom's computer, so everything is fine now!
Except for the times when I can't use her computer...

I will try to use a virtual machine for that! A little excess but, whatever.
Unicorn you want to install w/e the latest version of Mono is for Mac OS from http://www.mono-project.com/download/ then you should be able to run the Token exe file.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours