Hello and welcome to another month's worth of fantastic projects! We're running a couple of days late due to distractions and waiting on some clarification on certain projects. There have been some new, awesome projects started, along with some important updates to already existing projects that are out in the wilds. I think you'll agree that this month's list is amazing and very exciting!
  • CBLConsole: CVSoft has done a bit of work on his CBL programs, and now has a PC side setup to use a grey link to access CBL data directly without the need for a calculator at all! Take a look at the topic for shots of console and for more information!
  • Lua z80: AHelper is working on creating a Lua VM for the z80 line of calculators, an especially topical project given Cemetech interest in educational activities for the TI-84 Plus series and TI Education's use of Lua on the TI-Nspire, we're hoping to help bring Lua to the TI-84 Plus CE and the rest of the TI-84 Plus series.
  • Cookie Clicker Axe: JWinslow has finally released his Axe Cookie Clicker game for the monochrome TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus calculators with a few new features. Check out the post to get at the latest file version!
  • Alien Breed V Ep II:: JamesV has released the list of updates for his project, which is quite extensive, with a link to version 2.0.0 file. Go check it out and start loving this soon-to-be classic!
  • xLIBC: tr1p1ea has made some updates to xLIBC addressing an issue with the fixed transparency. We expect that tr1p1ea's fix will be in Doors CSE 8.2 if and when it is released, as well as presumably in Doors CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE. In addition, if you have feedback or ideas for the TI-84 Plus CE version of Doors CSE 8, Kerm and tr1p1ea ask that you post in its thread.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: So, when one would see a name pop up for a calculator port on a game like this, one would expect more of a text based game. But no. Ooooooh no. Haobo decided that this needed more than text on a screen. The screenshots show extremely beautiful graphics on the monochrome calculator that is simply too stunning for words. Go check out the project and give all the encouragement. They definitely deserve it.
  • Slender: The Eight Pages: An assembly project by Acagliano to clone Slender: The Eight pages over to the monochrome TI-84 Plus calculators. He's created a project page (linked to in the topic) and is showing off a few impressive looking sprites. If you are a fan of the games, you should poke over onto his topic and give some love where it is due! We must also recognize the several community members who have been contributing routines to his project.
  • QEmu Prizm Emulator: While Casio offers their own fx-CG10/20 (Prizm) emulator, it is not free, and in many cases does not run community add-ins properly. To help Prizm programmers and users, AHelper has taken on the task of bringing the community a usable emulator for the Prizm calculators. He is calling upon anyone with information about the Prizm, or those that might want to help code, to bounce into the topic and lend a hand.
  • Emu8x CSE: Hooloovoo has taken up to porting emu8x for the 84+, which emulates the 81 through 86 on the 84+, and is now putting it on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. As we previously reported, his largest obstacles have been in getting the LCD emulation to be fast enough.
  • Zargul CSE: JamesV is playing around with new territory on the CSE, bringing us a pseudo 3D engine to the CSE calcs. So far with what he's shown, this looks pretty impressive, and he has a list of things he'd like to get added in. Go check out the screenshots in his thread to have your mind blown!
  • Move3: M. I. Wright has brought an interesting BASIC platformer game to the CSE, with moving platforms and the like. Take a look, encourage him, and let him know what you think about his project.
  • The World's Hardest Game: MateoConLechuga has been dropping hints that there may be a color version in the works. He obviously needs more encouragement, so go give him a poke in the topic!
  • Transparent Cursor Routine: One of the many little gems of a project that MateoConLechuga has been working on for the CSE. The cursor is fairly fast and smooth, and has support for clickable spots on the screen. Although community feedback made Mateo decide to leave it out of mobileTunes 3 CSE in favor of a simpler interface, it's still an impressive display of assembly prowess that we hope will find a home in some future project.
  • MobileTunes 3 CSE: Yep, you read that right! MateoConLechuga and Kerm "Christopher" Martian have been working on porting the mobileTunes 3 music player to the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, and so far things are looking absolutely fantastic. It has a nice UI, easy to use controls, and looks all-around amazing!
  • Mono2Color: Most likely to be heralded a hero by the community, MateoConLechuga wows and amazes again with this project: making assembly programs for the monochrome calculators like the TI-83 Plus and the TI-84 Plus run on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. He played around with Mario, making it work fairly well in various modes. More information is available in the topic, so go check it out or read the news article we published earlier this month.
  • Portal CSE: Mateo has been working out a lot of bugs with his game and level editor. Things seem to be shoring up quite nicely for this project, so if you are running an older version, or you've never played this game, go give it a check out and update that problem!
  • Science Friction: KermMartian has finished the last of the STEM behind Hollywood projects that was originally for the Nspire, and made them all available for the CSE. In this, you have to help the villain stop the hero from saving a bridge. Definitely one to check out if you are an educator wanting to use your calculators to increase the student's learning environment

And on a side note, we've finally finished the Cemetech Fliers for you to post up in local libraries and in your school (with permission) to help the Cemetech Empire expand, I mean, help bring the joy of programming to more people! Yes, totally what I meant to say! Keep up the awesome work, all you awesome programmers. We're looking forward to what you may be working on next!
As always, great projects and great summaries. I'll have to check the topics of some of these projects!
Thanks again for another round of projects, tifreak8x! I somehow missed Five Nights at Freddy's, though the first link points to the xLIBC page for some reason.
Thanks tifreak! Another month has gone by so quickly; wonder what March will bring! Smile
March will bring... Caticle Part Three!
Maybe not, depending on how I am going to code it. Maybe in April Razz
chickendude wrote:
Thanks again for another round of projects, tifreak8x! I somehow missed Five Nights at Freddy's, though the first link points to the xLIBC page for some reason.

My computer sometimes fails at copy/paste Neutral I'll get that fixed pronto!
Nice work as usual, tifreak8x - and thanks! Smile
Thanks for writing such a thorough list of projects with such excited descriptions, tifreak8x! I continue to be impressed with the quality that you put into these despite having to write a new one every month, and it seems they have been very successful in introducing Cemetechians (and other community members) to projects with which they were unfamiliar. I hope we'll continue to enjoy your amusing prose for many years to come.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours