When I try to compile my game, I get the following message:

Code:

----- Assembling slender for the TI-83/84 Plus...
Brass Z80 Assembler 1.0.4.11 - Ben Ryves 2005-2006
--------------------------------------------------
Assembling...
Pass 1 complete. (831ms).
Error: Could not parse expression 'INTRPT_MASK' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:13]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:20]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:21]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:144]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:146]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:148]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:150]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:154]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:156]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:160]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:162]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:190]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer1' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:191]
Error: Could not parse expression 'backBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:194]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer2' (Invalid number). [greyscale_4lvl.asm:195]
Error: Could not parse expression 'buf0' (Invalid number). [scaled_masked_render.asm:132]
Error: Could not parse expression 'buf1' (Invalid number). [scaled_masked_render.asm:133]
Error: Could not parse expression 'buf0' (Invalid number). [scaled_masked_render.asm:138]
Error: Could not parse expression 'buf1' (Invalid number). [scaled_masked_render.asm:143]
Error: Could not parse expression 'playerPoxY' (Invalid number). [tilemap_renderer.asm:44]
Error: Could not parse expression 'sprite_House-sprite_Tree' in data list: Invalid number [tilemap_renderer.asm:79]
Warning: Instruction ld b,* does not expect an index - check parentheses. [slender_movement.asm:22]
Warning: Instruction ld b,* does not expect an index - check parentheses. [slender_movement.asm:36]
Warning: Instruction ld b,* does not expect an index - check parentheses. [slender_movement.asm:54]
Warning: Instruction ld b,* does not expect an index - check parentheses. [slender_movement.asm:62]
Error: Could not parse expression 'GameLoop' (Invalid number). [caught_animation.asm:20]
Error: Could not parse expression 'frontBuffer1' (Invalid number). [caught_animation.asm:31]
Error: Could not parse expression 'SlenderGOImage_Layer0' (Invalid number). [caught_animation.asm:32]
Error: Could not parse expression 'SlenderGOImage_Layer1-SlenderGOImage_Layer0' (Invalid number). [caught_animation.asm:33]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:9]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:15]
Error: Could not parse expression 'Op7+2' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:103]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:105]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:109]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:123]
Error: Could not parse expression 'post_KeyCheck' (Invalid number). [keypress_checks.asm:128]
Error: Could not parse expression 'textShadPtrs' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:135]
Error: Could not parse expression 'StartGame' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:189]
Error: Could not parse expression 'textShadPtrs' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:199]
Error: Could not parse expression 'listEditPtrs' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:207]
Error: Could not parse expression 'listEditPtrs+1' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:209]
Pass 2 complete. (614ms).
Errors: 37, Warnings: 4.
Build failed.
----- There were errors.
Anthonys-MBP:asm acagliano$

Every single thing listed here as an "invalid number" is either an equate of some kind, or a label in code. Everything IS defined.
You didn't share any source for us to look at. Please share the .equ lines you have in your source.
Actually, I got this fixed! But I do have another question. I am trying to create an automated version of your compile.sh script that would, weekly, build the slender source. However, when I do #include "engines/something.asm", the root path for include is /home/git/asm, which obviously doesn't have the include files (they are in /home/git/src/slender). Is there a way, short of absolute paths for all equates, to change the search path for include files when running compile.sh?
Can I assume that you change the "tasm" folder to "asm", then? The easiest thing to do is #include "../src/slender/engines/something.asm". This is a result of Brass looking for files relative to itself.
The directory structure is exact, down to asm. Consider /home/git/asm/ root, with respect to the compiler stuff, and everything inside it is unchanged from how you have it. So tasm, source, exec, are all inside asm/
ACagliano wrote:
The directory structure is exact, down to asm. Consider /home/git/asm/ root, with respect to the compiler stuff, and everything inside it is unchanged from how you have it. So tasm, source, exec, are all inside asm/
Ah, okay. Well, my fix should still work for that, assuming you made a typo and your slender includes are actually in /home/git/asm/src/slender.
they are not. So I may just have to absolute reference them. Will Brass understand an absolute path?
ACagliano wrote:
they are not. So I may just have to absolute reference them. Will Brass understand an absolute path?
I challenge you to understand how relative paths work and do it that way; I trust you can understand where I got that relative path from (as I said, the paths are relative to Brass) and deduce the correct relative path accordingly.
I do understand how relative links work. Sometimes, depending on where a file is relative to another, it is sometimes easier to absolute it, but maybe in this case, relative could still work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours