Time to post an update!

Debating on what to go after next, so many options to choose from. Smile
Magnificent collection!

How about the color version of the powerful classpad, the fx-cp400?

I know it's not quite in the same league, but I love to carry a Casio fx-5800P in my pocket for quick calculations. The Sharp EL9900 should also make your ears tingle with delight... Very Happy
Actually, I ought to post my rather meagre calculator collection.

A couple of months ago, I got my 84+ signed by Matt Parker (stand up mathematician of Numberphile fame) at Festival of the Spoken Nerd.
Time for me to also posf an update:

(click to enlarge)

In order of ascending manufacturing date, as in the picture:
TI-81, TI-85, TI-82, TI-83, TI-86, TI-83 Plus, TI-89 Titanium, TI-84 Plus;
TI CBL, TI CBL 2, Vernier LabPro
Look at what I got a Goodwill today:

And look at the price:

It does have some Sharpie stains and heavy scratches, but it works flawlessly - even my own calc had a dark spot on the screen, and this one's screen is flawless, and for the price...
I also found it interesting to note the former users had MirageOS loaded on it, plus PuzzPack, Notefolio, Uncle Worm (I was impressed with that one!), and an assortment of light little games like FallDown. Fear not though, I'll give it DCS7 ASAP.
And to think, the last calc I bought was a TI-82, and I was willing to pay $7.50 for it... Lastly here is a pic of my new total TI-84 collection:
Nice find! I have fond memories of Uncle Worm.
elfprince13 wrote:
Nice find! I have fond memories of Uncle Worm.
As do I! I specifically remember riding the commuter rail between New York and New Jersey for my summer research after Sophomore year and trying to beat my ever-rising Uncle Worm high score. I'm so jealous at that price though, Caleb.
I'm kinda surprised it was so cheap myself - it may have been because it couldn't turn on due to dead batteries, plus it had a little corrosion that was easily cleaned. It had a mighty good backup battery though - the last calculation of the last user was still on the screen when I replaced the batteries!

I'm considering selling it, if anyone here wants one. A quick glance at eBay seemed to suggest the cheapest Buy It Now was $75; I'm willing to go noticeably lower, if anyone's been really wanting a great-running calc.
EDIT: Oh, or I could save it for making a wood model of, now that I have it... but I was planning on making a wood laptop next, plus could use money for other stuff atm.

EDIT2: Here is a pic of me using Sandpaper. It worked, for the first time - TI-83+SE to 84+SE never worked for me, and even now it glitches frequently. Having two of an expensive calculator always feels good anyway.
So after some recent new acquires here is an updated image of my current collection.

The newest items are the Nspire CX CAS and the TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition as well as the 3 Graylink cables, one of which is in the original box!

To see the inside of the box and the rest of the images can be found: http://imgur.com/a/5jfSk

I plan to disect the graylink cables and get hires board images as soon as possible so that hopefully we can make more accurate clones of them in the future.

Edit: Confirmed the Graylink works with my TI-83PSE and a USB-Serial Cable on Windows 7 64 Bit and TI Connect, I'll have to try TILP at a later date. Edited again thanks to Ivoah noticing my mistake of typing silverlink instead of graylink.
Not enough pink.
TheStorm wrote:
Edit: Confirmed the Silverlink works with my TI-83PSE and a USB-Serial Cable on Windows 7 64 Bit and TI Connect, I'll have to try TILP at a later date.

I think you meant graylink
CalebHansberry wrote:
Oh, or I could save it for making a wood model of, now that I have it... but I was planning on making a wood laptop next, plus could use money for other stuff atm.

I'm sure you could get a lot more than $75 for it if you made a wood case for it.
I took apart the two graylinks with different models and CVSoft did the same and the sent me the images. If people think this warrants a separate thread I will do so. http://imgur.com/a/tGTCf
Here's my collection, look in my siggy for the prices of them, the 99/4A was free. They all work except for the TI-86.
+1 for including a TI-99 in your collection! Very Happy I have one of those too.
CalebHansberry wrote:
+1 for including a TI-99 in your collection! Very Happy I have one of those too.

I used to have 3, but my mom only wanted me to keep 1 Sad
I finally acquired the snazzy little TI-84 Pocket.fr, and I'm very pleased with it. The keyboard feels particularly nice to use, and the snappiness of the operating system is such a refreshing change after using the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition so much lately.

What exactly is the difference between the 84 Pocket.fr and the normal 84+?
The pocket one is smaller in physical size.
@Ivoah Aww, that's too bad. Still, I can't imagine what one would do with multiples - I see them in multiples a lot on eBay. Unless one had both the TI-99/4A and the TI-99/4 - that'd be kinda cool. Btw, admiring your Parsec + Speech Synth module; I've never gotten to hear what my Parsec cartridge sounds like yet!

@Kerm I wish I had one, looks real cool. I feel like graphing calcs could do what they do in a smaller size without any reduction of features, so it'd be nice if one could actually fit in my pocket!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours